TP-Link Archer T9E not showing up 5GHz network

TheManInAPan
Go to solution Solved by Lefteh,

I don't exactly know what your routers page looks like but this guide might help https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1217/

You only need to do step 3 aka for 5 GHz

Change the channel to be around 36 e.g. 32 33 34 35 ect.

if its not the same as the guide send a screenshot of the webpage you have.

Hello Humans!

I recently bought a TP-Link Archer T9E WiFi card to allow my PC to connect to my 5GHz network, but, after installing it its able to pick up the 2.4GHz network just fine but the 5GHz one is not popping up. I tried googiling a fix but to no avail. Keep in mind that the 5GHz network is picked up just fine by all the systems in my house, phones, laptops, chromecast, even the Xbox. Why is the 5GHz network not showing up? I tried reinstalling the driver but that didnt help.

What motherboard and/or WiFi adaptor do you have?

(I can't read apparently)

Try moving the PC as close as you can to your access point. If it picks it up there, you may need to re-arrange the antenna on the adaptor to see if you can get it to pick up the signal. I'd also try turning off other 5GHz devices for testing to see if it picks it up with them off.

@Oshino Shinobu The PC is already very close to the access point, in other words when other devices are in the same location or even further they still pick up the signal quite well. And i also tried the turning off the other devices thing but it still didnt work.

What router do you have and do you know how to get into its settings? if you dont type CMD into windows then click command prompt then type ipconfig then in your browser (chrome firefox ect ) paste the  Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ************* into the url and you be able to access your router(for some router types).

D-Link AC1300, i got into the router access screen but I dont have the password of the router itself.

try user:  admin

password : admin

eventually we will get it

Is there a sticker on the router with login and password? Some isps do this if you were given the router by them.

Found it and entered the website, what do i do now?