Can this fan controller handle my fans?

ApolloFury
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,
3 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

I am looking at the Deepcool FH-10 which is a fan hub for 10 fans powered by SATA.

While it advertises that it can handle 10 fans, can it handle power hungry ones though?

For instance, I have 5x Fractal Design Venturi HP-14 (0.2A each) and 5x Noctua A14 3000RPM (0.55A each). The Fractal Design fans are not an issue but the Noctua ones might be too much?

I think it should be fine because a single SATA power cable can handle up to 4.5A...but I am not sure how power supply works. For reference I have the CoolerMaster Vanguard 1000W.

Thanks.

You should have no problems with that setup.  You'll only draw 3.75 A which gives you a safety margin to SATA's 4.5 A max if you run all fans at 100 percent.  That 4.5 A is for the whole SATA power interface, so cables and power supply are all included in that rating.

Running them slower will reduce the power draw.

I am looking at the Deepcool FH-10 which is a fan hub for 10 fans powered by SATA.

While it advertises that it can handle 10 fans, can it handle power hungry ones though?

For instance, I have 5x Fractal Design Venturi HP-14 (0.2A each) and 5x Noctua A14 3000RPM (0.55A each). The Fractal Design fans are not an issue but the Noctua ones might be too much?

I think it should be fine because a single SATA power cable can handle up to 4.5A...but I am not sure how power supply works. For reference I have the CoolerMaster Vanguard 1000W.

Thanks.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

3 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

Thanks.

You should have no problems with that setup.  You'll only draw 3.75 A which gives you a safety margin to SATA's 4.5 A max if you run all fans at 100 percent.  That 4.5 A is for the whole SATA power interface, so cables and power supply are all included in that rating.

Running them slower will reduce the power draw.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

7 hours ago, RAS_3885 said:

That 4.5 A is for the whole SATA power interface, so cables and power supply are all included in that rating.

Just to clarify. Is the 4.5A max limit total is for all my SATA devices or the 4.5A limit for that particular chain/cable only? 

For instance my other SATA-powered devices are the 2x 2.5" Samsung SSDs which are connected via separate SATA cables (not daisy chained, two separate cables)

So if I use this fan controller, I would now have three SATA devices (i.e three SATA cables) plugged to the PSU.

Thanks.

I don't read the reply to my posts anymore so don't bother.

20 hours ago, ApolloFury said:

Just to clarify. Is the 4.5A max limit total is for all my SATA devices or the 4.5A limit for that particular chain/cable only? 

For instance my other SATA-powered devices are the 2x 2.5" Samsung SSDs which are connected via separate SATA cables (not daisy chained, two separate cables)

So if I use this fan controller, I would now have three SATA devices (i.e three SATA cables) plugged to the PSU.

Thanks.

The rating is for each individual SATA connection at the power supply, so each chain should have no more that 4.5 A between all devices plugged into that same cable.

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15