CG Software?

Mewmaster

Not really.

Well, I guess its not needed, but he will get a ton of different ranges which might be harder to find the correct software.

Diamond 5 in League :)

If you can find it I can get it

though I'd say like $100-500

"Procrastinate the Doctor!"

Well, there's no "click a button and get a CG trailer" program.

Typically, CGI is done using Autodesk Maya, for movies. Other options can be used as well. Cinema4D, 3DS Max, among many others. 

For games, it depends. Some game engines support recording gameplay as if it were CGI from within the engine. See Source Film Maker. Not applicable for the WoT video though, although it's possible that video was created from using modeled components for the game. 

The other option is to model the entire environment and components (vehicles, etc) within say, Blender. Then use the built in Camera tools to create animations. You'll need quite a bit of 3D modelling background for this though. Blender is capable of creating amazing animated movies (eg. Sintel, purely modeled, animated and rendered using Blender). 

Adobe After Effects can be used to create some visual effects on pre-recorded footage. Usually working with shorter clips and then inserting that clip into Premiere Pro.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2