Looking for a specific laptop for a specific job.

I need a laptop for a very specific use application. I need to do a lot of writing while traveling. So I need something with an extremely durable keyboard and a very long battery life. I am a novelist, but I spend a lot of time outdoors and traveling. The closer the keyboard is to a normal one, the better, I have large hands and do a lot of typing on a standard mechanical keyboard at home.

Things that do NOT matter.
Size
Weight
Brand
Gaming
Price

Literally, money/size is no object, I already carry around a GT80 Titan, but the battery life isn't enough. But if I can save money by getting a normal laptop VS an ultralight, I want a normal laptop. The only things I care about are Typing experience and battery. IF I can save money going slightly thicker, fine. If I get a better typing or battery experience going bigger, Fine. it just needs to have the best of those 2 things. I don't plan on gaming on it, or video, or even web surfing. Just working on my novel outside and on the road.

PS I got the GT80 Titan for reasons OTHER than writing. I just feel like I should mention that since I'm sure at least one person is going to say "well, of course, the GT80 Titan is awful for battery life, it's an SLI gaming desktop replacement." I know. That's why I bought it like 2 years ago when I had different needs. Now I need a PC for writing.

Some Tiny things that do matter, but secondary.
LED keyboard, because I type in the dark a lot.
Numpad, if possible.
Video out, and at least 2 USB ports.
No smaller than 15" unless it's VERY cheap and still meets other requirements.

I'll probably replace all drives with solid state drives if not already for battery/shock resistance if it has mechanical.

16gb ram or an empty slot to make it 16+
Not apple.
Strong hinge. It will not live its life on a desk.

Thinkpad may be the best option off the top of my head... still open to suggestions! :D

XPS 15 has a good keyboard and very large battery. MacBook Pro is nice too but it’s more expensive and the keyboard isn’t as good. Thinkpad X1 Carbon is also a good choice, better keyboard than the XPS but a bit smaller battery.

4 hours ago, Naveronasis said:

extremely durable keyboard and a very long battery life

Thinkpad P/T/X series, Latitude 7000 series etc

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Well I am someone who cares about the keyboard a LOT since type a lot and a sub-par keyboard is no good for me.

With that said, I have owned many laptops over the past few years and whilst I am an occasional gamer maybe I'll play a game once in a blue moon, I still bought many gaming laptops as they did have a great keyboard.

Here's a good one for you:

Custom Built MSI GE75 9SE Raider-287 - 17.3" Thin Bezel FHD 144Hz - i7-9750H - RTX 2060

HIDevolution has superb build quality and their thermal upgrades are superb. I recommend you select "Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut + Fujipoly Extreme Thermal Pads" in the lap confrigurator for the best cooling.

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro