Acer Predator X34 Failure. Customer Support awful.

So, the monitor comes with a swivel mount. It's really nice actually. Honestly, the screen has been practically amazing up until this point. Bought like six months ago and definitely still under the 3 year warranty.

Then, when swiveling, the base station disassembled, and the display fell and partially broke one side. Originally, I thought I caught the display in time and did not damage it. Upon further inspection, the screws for most of the base station were barely in. Maybe and 1/8-1/4 in. Some of these required to be deep in order to hold the display to the swivel. Two screws even fell out when this happened. So, thinking the display wasn't damaged, I spent half an hour, took apart the base station, and put it all back together properly. Put the display back on and everything mechanically seemed to be working as it should. 

Then, after turning on the display. the right side was entirely messed up. I thought, no worries. This is what warranties are for. Gave Acer a call. 2 hours later, they decided that I need to pay $500 for a repair in which was caused by their faulty put together stand. I am completely dumbfounded. After leaving a negative review, corporate contacted me and said it would only be $350. I should sent it to a repair center and if they determine the base was bad (which it is isn't because I fixed it) they would cover the charge. I have never had such a bad customer service experience in my life. Be careful buying Acer products. They don't stand by their warranties and will try and charge you whatever they can. Just a warning. Thanks for listening.

Attached is the scree image and the scratches caused from the base falling off as well as the swivel screws that are screwed in now, but were barely in.

Thanks,

Kevin

IMG-0005.JPG

IMG-0006.JPG

IMG-0008.JPG

IMG-0009.JPG

So it swiveled and moved around just fine for half a year without you noticing any play ... and then suddenly the screws are so loose that it just falls off its own stand? 

Sorry, but I'm having a hard time believing that. 

I never swiveled it to the max. Barely ever. It stood at my desk. One night, I tried to turn it to watch something in bed, and it happened.

Try going through the store warranty?

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Yeah, I've talked them down to $350 at this point, but it's frustrating because it's not like I broke it due to misuse. It was a manufacture defect,

If the screws are in fine now then where is the defect? If the screws came lose over time I would call that lack of maintenance.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.