AF vs SP Fans for 550D Front Intake?

Quack

I currently own a Corsair 550D case, and I'm looking to add some aftermarket front intake fans. The front of my 550D has a dust filter, the door thing, and a panel covering it. With that in mind, should I use fans (not just more Corsairs) that are rated for high Static Pressure, or fans that are rated for high CFM?

use static pressure in the front. the filter and door are obstructions that would limit high CFM fans.

Acceptable choices to use in the front of your case

Noctua NH-F12

Silverstone AirPentrators

Corsair SP120

There are more choices these are three that I have used.

I currently own a Corsair 550D case, and I'm looking to add some aftermarket front intake fans. The front of my 550D has a dust filter, the door thing, and a panel covering it. With that in mind, should I use fans (not just more Corsairs) that are rated for high Static Pressure, or fans that are rated for high CFM?

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

Stick with AF fans as the front intake.

I had a head full of whatever-the-heck when I typed this out. I meant to say go with SP's in the front. I have a 350D and use SPs all around (aside from rear exhaust).

Pew Pew Helicopters

It really depends, if you don't have any obstructions in the way in the front such as, drive cages or fan filters, go for air flow optimized fans. But if you have, let's say drive cages in the way go for a static pressure optimized fan.

AF fans are useful for open or unrestricted areas. But if theres is thick mesh or a dust filter infront of the fan, you should def go with SP. Thing is, performance in real world is the same with unrestricted intake, but the SPs are better in restricted cases. Just go with the SPs..

For the decision between Silent Edition or Performance Edition, silent edition is just locked at a lower CFM. If you have a good fan controller go ahead and buy the PEs, but if you dont want to bother with setting up your fans and you want tuned silent performance go with SEs. Good thing with SEs are they are quiet even on the highest voltage.

[CPU: 4670k] [CPU Cooler: Antec Kühler 1220] [Case: Obsidian 350D] [Mobo: Maximus VI Gene] [RAM: Vengeance Pro 8GB] [GPU: 770 DirectCU II] [PSU: CX750M

[Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 120GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB] [Screen: Dell U2312HM 23" E-IPS] [Keyboard: Steelseries Apex RAW]

SP's in the front but SP's are loud, I have the case and SP's so I know. The front is too restrictive for AF fans.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Silverstone air penetrator 122 is a nice air flow fan with a decent amount of static pressure, used it before I had noctua and it's a rather cheap fan that's not crap.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Since going with good static pressure fans seems to be the consensus, any recommendations that offer a good balance between noise, sound quality, and performance?