New Internet Router

Mr_Argon

Hi all. My internet router has been acting up a bit recently. I don't know much about networking stuff, would anyone be able to recommend a good router? Obviously I don't want it to be too expensive, above 150NZD isn't that great, 200NZD maybe if its really really good. I am on a fibre connection, I will be having anywhere from 4-10 devices connected at the same time, one of them on 5GHz.

PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT looking for diagnosis for my current router, I just want to know what options I have if I decide to replace it.

My current router is called a Huawei HG659b, I got it included with my Spark plan

Acting up?

If you got it with plan is it under warranty?

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

11 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Acting up?

If you got it with plan is it under warranty?

I'm just looking for a new router. I could probably get it replaced, but I don't think it's the best, I just want something good

16 hours ago, Mr_Argon said:

Hi all. My internet router has been acting up a bit recently. I don't know much about networking stuff, would anyone be able to recommend a good router? Obviously I don't want it to be too expensive, above 150NZD isn't that great, 200NZD maybe if its really really good. I am on a fibre connection, I will be having anywhere from 4-10 devices connected at the same time, one of them on 5GHz.

PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT looking for diagnosis for my current router, I just want to know what options I have if I decide to replace it.

My current router is called a Huawei HG659b, I got it included with my Spark plan

Im not familiar with your currency. BUT ASUS and Netgear are two brands that are thrown around here often. I have a Synology Router and its been pretty great, though its $200 USD, so probably out of your price range. Your looking for something with AC or higher. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

An old N56U would probably cover your needs, so find something of newer date in your price range and you'll be fine. Check smallnetbuilder for reviews on the once you find interesting.

Nope....Just nope.