Windows wont see one of my computers on the network

Hyra

I've encountered an issue with my file transfers between my two PC's. The one that has the files sees both itself and the other fine, but the one that needs the files, only sees itself on the network. They're both connected to the same network switch that goes to my router, and I've just reset both of their network configurations. Any tips?

Me when
me when I'm driving
whataburger???

IMake sure Network Discovery is enabled on both machines and try connecting using the opposing computers IP using the navigation bar: "\\ip-of-pc" Ex."\\192.168.0.250". After you get in you can map the folder to a drive letter for easier future access. I find it more reliable than going into Network Locations and hoping Windows finds the other computers on the network.

Disclaimer: This would require both computers to have Static IP's though if you must be able to move files between the hosts while being seated at either host. If one just acts as a server then only the one would require a Static IP. Alternatively they can be left Dynamic and you could reserve their current IPs in your router. Both would produce the same result.