Quality in-ear headphones

Amish IT Guy

I've been using the Panasonic Ergo-fit in-ear headphones (HERE), because they stay in my ears well, but they don't have the best audio quality. I've been having trouble finding better in-ear buds which aren't Bluetooth/wireless. I was hoping you guys had some recommendations. I use these headphones for almost everything, like gaming jogging, and just casually listening to music while I cook.

let me know if you have any suggestions of similar types of headphones with better quality, Thanks

I have these 2:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB50AP-Extra-Earbud-Headset/dp/B00JRD13T8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=sony+extra+bass+in+ear&qid=1559247705&s=gateway&sprefix=sony+extra+bass+in&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB510AS-Headphones-Sweatproof-Comfortable/dp/B01MTEU4V9/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=sony+extra+bass+in+ear&qid=1559247705&s=gateway&sprefix=sony+extra+bass+in&sr=8-4

The first ones sound like 3% better, but don't stay in the ears too well. Also both of these can be had for about 20, don't spend 50 on them.

Now for the sound quality. These are the best sounding in ears i have used, but they still can't really compete with over ears. Mids and highs are crystal clear, bass is also clear, but less punchy compared to overears. It is a matter of physics, 10mm drivers vs 50mm.

I still recommend over-ears or even on-ears, but i have used both of them for gaming and whatever and they sound good. I like the tone of 50ap more, but others stay in ear better, so a bit trade offy situation.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

How much are you willing to spend on quality in ear headphones? 

46 minutes ago, Amish IT Guy said:

I've been using the Panasonic Ergo-fit in-ear headphones (HERE), because they stay in my ears well, but they don't have the best audio quality. I've been having trouble finding better in-ear buds which aren't Bluetooth/wireless. I was hoping you guys had some recommendations. I use these headphones for almost everything, like gaming jogging, and just casually listening to music while I cook.

let me know if you have any suggestions of similar types of headphones with better quality, Thanks

Easy choice: Marshall Mode. Similar to the Ergo Fit in every way, but meatier sound. I like these so much because they don’t assault your ears with screaming treble like most earphones. But they’re on the bassier side. You won’t ever see good reviews online for the Mode, because the highs aren’t as emphasized. But I love that darker sound, especially at higher volumes in noisy environments. 

18 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

I have these 2:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB50AP-Extra-Earbud-Headset/dp/B00JRD13T8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=sony+extra+bass+in+ear&qid=1559247705&s=gateway&sprefix=sony+extra+bass+in&sr=8-3

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRXB510AS-Headphones-Sweatproof-Comfortable/dp/B01MTEU4V9/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?keywords=sony+extra+bass+in+ear&qid=1559247705&s=gateway&sprefix=sony+extra+bass+in&sr=8-4

The first ones sound like 3% better, but don't stay in the ears too well. Also both of these can be had for about 20, don't spend 50 on them.

Now for the sound quality. These are the best sounding in ears i have used, but they still can't really compete with over ears. Mids and highs are crystal clear, bass is also clear, but less punchy compared to overears. It is a matter of physics, 10mm drivers vs 50mm.

I still recommend over-ears or even on-ears, but i have used both of them for gaming and whatever and they sound good. I like the tone of 50ap more, but others stay in ear better, so a bit trade offy situation.

Ill check those out, thanks for a starting place

18 hours ago, zrmaxwell said:

How much are you willing to spend on quality in ear headphones? 

Im looking in the range of less than 100 $, probably around 50 would be best , but I could do higher or lower.

17 hours ago, rice guru said:

What is your budget and preferred sound signature?

budget around 100, perferred 50, I want good all around headphones for doing lots of different things so I guess I'd want balanced or flat sound signature 

Tin t2 seem to be the perfect pair $50 and super flat

17 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Tin t2 seem to be the perfect pair $50 and super flat

These are actually on (Mass)Drop atm for $35, or $10 more for the Pro. 

:)

42 minutes ago, seon123 said:

These are actually on (Mass)Drop atm for $35, or $10 more for the Pro. 

I wouldn't get the pro. The pro pumps up the highs making them sibilant

If you want something more colored. Gran the tin T3 more bass and slightly more highs than the t2 but not as bad as the pro

13 hours ago, rice guru said:

If you want something more colored. Gran the tin T3 more bass and slightly more highs than the t2 but not as bad as the pro

Ill check those out, thanks for the suggestions :)