Ryzen 5 1600 Memory Upgrade?

A few years ago I purchased a system to be used for everyday tasks along with some light gaming & a second stream machine. At the time, I only purchased 8GB 2400MHz memory as I didn't really intend on doing anything more with the system. Fast forward to 2019 and the system is being used much more with the new inclusion of gaming. I remember reading a few years ago that Ryzen was more reliant on memory speed and as I'm now using 5GB out of the 8GB available I'm thinking It's time for an upgrade.

Rather than just purchase another 8GB 2400Mhz stick, I was looking into 3000MHz or 3200MHz - am I right to be looking around those speeds for Ryzen? I'm not sure If the 'memory speed' thing with Ryzen was a major factor or not. The system is laggy even in normal tasks, gaming is very stuttered so I'm assuming that would be the fix seeing as my Task Manager always says I'm running 5GB+ or RAM.

4 minutes ago, elKz said:

The system is laggy even in normal tasks, gaming is very stuttered so I'm assuming that would be the fix seeing as my Task Manager always says I'm running 5GB+ or RAM.

I ran my sys r7 1700 2x8gb ram on 2133mhz and also with one stick for a while, wasnt laggy at all.

may be mobo/ bios issue?

4 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

I ran my sys r7 1700 2x8gb ram on 2133mhz and also with one stick for a while, wasnt laggy at all.

may be mobo/ bios issue?

I ran a benchmark on userbenchmark.com just to see how parts were performing and according to the results, my RAM is only at 36% along with my SSD (Crucial BX500) at 37.9%. I'll update the bios in a second.

3 minutes ago, elKz said:

I ran a benchmark on userbenchmark.com just to see how parts were performing and according to the results, my RAM is only at 36% along with my SSD (Crucial BX500) at 37.9%. I'll update the bios in a second.

if you aren't planning to replace the stick you already have then paying for higher speeds wont make a difference since when in dual channel the speed is the one of the slowest link in the chain(2400mhz in your case)

19 minutes ago, ki8aras said:

if you aren't planning to replace the stick you already have then paying for higher speeds wont make a difference since when in dual channel the speed is the one of the slowest link in the chain(2400mhz in your case)

My intention was to remove the 2400Mhz and replace it entirely with 16GB 3000/3200. 

Specifically, this one here.