Ad Buster Buster - Chrome to limit ad blocking to Enterprise users only

rcmaehl
On 5/29/2019 at 7:43 PM, Sauron said:

I don't see MS as being particularly anti ad or pro user freedom.

They are fine with anti-ads. I can't say for iOS, but Edge on Android has AdBlock Plus integrated. Disabled by default, but a tap away to enable it on the options.

10 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

They are fine with anti-ads. I can't say for iOS, but Edge on Android has AdBlock Plus integrated. Disabled by default, but a tap away to enable it on the options.

I'm not saying they are against adblockers but I also don't see them caring enough to diverge from chromium so heavily.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ironic considering that every enterprise deployment I am familiar with is not using any form of adblocker.

This includes multiple major public sector organizations (as in government organizations).

I assume they do so out of stupidity, or some kind of fear of lawsuit for using adblockers. Although I prefer to just think their administration is completely retarded and unaware of the security benefits of blocking any and all advertisements.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just posting some other alternative browsers and add ons

Firefox with AdNauseum (been awhile so I don't know if AdNauseum is still supported)

Brave (native ad blocker, script blocker can be turned off at will my preferred browser)

Dissenter (Chromium/Brave based with the brave rewards taken out and dissenter add on)

Vivaldi (honestly haven't used it too much but seems nice with cool tab options and window viewing)

PaleMoon (would have to check on this one again)

If you are still using Chrome... then the probability of you being an idiot increases exponentially.  :)

That's half serious, half sarcasm... Stop being a sheep to the google conglomerate.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:47 PM, Twilight said:

they forgot one key detail. chromium is open-source. if consumers want a browser with chromium's rendering engine but no restrictions on ad blockers it will be developed. 

also don't forget that firefox is a thing. safari is a thing for macOS users. there are open-source browsers that are kinda their own thing, like Waterfox, Pale moon, Midori etc. 

And Chrome browsers that will disregard this manifest shit. Like Opera and Brave which have their own adblocking built-in.