(Beta) X570 Motherboard List

Because X570 & Zen 2/7nm will make a big splash , and many people on older platforms (i.e. before 7th gen intel, and perhaps zen 1) might decide to upgrade, and there will be a huge amount of motherboards, and it may be hard to decide which one is the best.

This is now in Beta, as I have many details on lots of X570 boards

I will continue to update this, and if any of you want to help me with this, please send me a PM. Your help will be greatly appreciated, as this is a daunting task.

Information with a (?) next to it signifies that I am unsure of the information. VRM info with a (?) means that I counted inductors (yes, I know, a bad thing to do, but a 12+2 phase vrm will have 14 inductors, and a 8 phase vrm will have 8.), and guessed on the VCPU and the Vsoc ratio.

What I hope this will be useful for, is say you have 200$, and want a X570 motherboard. You can make a copy of the list, and delete all motherboards that are too expensive (i.e. 220$ or above), and ones that are too cheap (i.e. sub 150$). Then, you see that you have mobo A, B, and C. A and B might have better VRMs than C, but C might have more usb and better wifi. Thus, you can decide whether A is better than B, or C.

THIS IS NOT A TIER LIST, Board rankings are by alphabetical and placement in their product stacks. After this is mostly completed, I might make a X570 tier list, with the help of others, as ranking imo is very much based on opinion, thus having multiple opinions and reaching a consensus on a tier list is very important.

The key is on the first page, feel free to comment suggestions and questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j4X6MKRqaqgn2wbQnHzOfqV145F175Irz_N145KJHM8/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

Someone sticky this.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X  |  Cooler: Cryorig H7  |  Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar  |  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini  |  RAM: Team Vulcan 16GB  3000MHz  |  GPU: EVGA 1070ti Gaming (Kraken G12 Watercooled) |  PSU: Corsair TXM650  |  Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB + WD Blue M.2 500GB  |  Network Card: Asus PCE-AC56  |  Monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U  |  Audio: Sennheiser HD6XX + Schiit Fulla 2

Laptop:

Lenovo s540:  CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U  |  RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz  |  GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8  |  Storage: 256GB NVME SSD

Other builds:

Spoiler

Workstation 1:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X  |  Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 Rev 2  |  Motherboard: MSI X470 Gaming Pro  |  Case: Corsair Crystal 570X  |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz  |  GPU: Nvidia Quadro P5000  |  PSU: Corsair TXM750  |  Storage 1: WD Green 120GB  |  Storage 2: WD Blue 1TB  |  Storage 3: Seagate Barracuda 4TB  |  Monitor: LG 27UD68

@Firewrath9 From what we can tell on the new X570 boards, do you think there will be any high end boards lacking in certain areas? Or are we seeing strong motherboardss all around? For instance, the Z390 Asus lineup lacked quality VRMs..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

A few things to add here. This page shows specs for some MSi boards, so that might be useful:

https://www.msi.com/blog/amd-x570-motherboards-lineup?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=computex2019&utm_content=X570-motherboard-lineup

And the other thing...when you put 'watercooling' on the heatsink bit on the crosshair formula, I'd make it clear that it also does air cooled too for those that don't want to use water, as it's a hybrid cooler design.

25 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

A few things to add here. This page shows specs for some MSi boards, so that might be useful:

https://www.msi.com/blog/amd-x570-motherboards-lineup?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=computex2019&utm_content=X570-motherboard-lineup

And the other thing...when you put 'watercooling' on the heatsink bit on the crosshair formula, I'd make it clear that it also does air cooled too for those that don't want to use water, as it's a hybrid cooler design.

Well, its designed for a Custom Loop, it is a waterblock on the VRM, if you're going to buy the formula and put it on air, It's going to have worse vrm temps. I'll put hybrid though

On 5/29/2019 at 5:44 PM, ch3w2oy said:

@Firewrath9 From what we can tell on the new X570 boards, do you think there will be any high end boards lacking in certain areas? Or are we seeing strong motherboardss all around? For instance, the Z390 Asus lineup lacked quality VRMs..

Well VRMs haven't been fully released, just some,

I/O looks decent, 

VRMs are much improved over Z370/some Z390/some X370/X470, vrms as a whole look improved

None have PLX AFAIK, and pretty much all of them use a fan on the CS. Rather have a large fin array (i.e. perhaps like this)

Image result for chipset finned heatsink

All the VRM "heatsinks" are just VRM shields, they don't help temps at all.

I'd rather see some PCIe 4.0 to PCIe 3.0 x2 adapters or chips, if they aren't expensive

and more fins on heatsinks are good, heatsinks are getting better.

Less IO shield covering the Heatsink, and more motherboard "armor" on lowend would be nice