Good custom loop case

AngryBeaver

I am getting ready to toss together a system in July. I have been on the fence about my next case for over a year now (originally was going to do a 9900k build)

I will be cooling both GPU and CPU and I am planning on using dual 420mm rads.

The view71 rgb tg is one of the cases I like for the build, but I am sure there are better cases out there for the job. Just wanted to see what everyone else recommends.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

I will be cooling both GPU and CPU and I am planning on using dual 420mm rads.

Damn

How thick are the rads? If they're thin you might be able to squeeze them into the a 51 series case

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

26 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Damn

How thick are the rads? If they're thin you might be able to squeeze them into the a 51 series case

I figure I will either use the 60mm thick rads from alphacool or the 57mm ones from the GTR blackice line.

Another thing to consider is my current machine has 7 drives in it. 6 data one m.2. I figure I will run 2 -1tb m.2s, but will probably need a way to mount 1-2 hdds.

I know on the 71 they can mount to the back still even if you remove the front drive bays (which I probably will do)

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

I figure I will either use the 60mm thick rads from alphacool or the 57mm ones from the GTR blackice line.

Yeah, unless you want to go super tower like the Thermaltake Core 900, The View 91, The Core X9 or the Corsair 1000D, the View 71 might be your best bet. Though I'm not 100% sure if those thicknesses will be usable simultaneously

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, Mr. horse said:

Sorry I can't recommend a case myself. I do not use new cases.

But don't forget the fans added thickness. I done that before myself.

Very true. I know that the v71 can take thick rads on the front and side mount for sure.. just don't know about at the same time. Also not sure about the top. Time for more research lol.

I Just moved my system out of a view 71 because it was too big.  I believe The HDD caddys that sit within the middle are somewhat modular on rails so you can move them up and down.  So you could probably fit 2-4 in the main area and i think there are 2-3 mounting brackets on the back as well.  With these two radiators I think it's possible you could fit somewhere between 3-6 3.5" drives.  The 71 is nearly 100 Liters!

49 minutes ago, Vajra said:

I Just moved my system out of a view 71 because it was too big.  I believe The HDD caddys that sit within the middle are somewhat modular on rails so you can move them up and down.  So you could probably fit 2-4 in the main area and i think there are 2-3 mounting brackets on the back as well.  With these two radiators I think it's possible you could fit somewhere between 3-6 3.5" drives.  The 71 is nearly 100 Liters!

Awesome. Ya I picked the 420s because they have more surface area than a 480 while taking up less fan bays. I have heard the 140s that come with the rgb version do have good static pressure, but I'll probably swap then for ml140s (still unsure on this one). Then again maybe I will just order 3 or 4 more and use it on the other rad too.