Best headsets for business?

mark13568

I am a systems administrator in a call center, and I am constantly replacing headsets for the callers. It isn't because the callers are deliberately breaking the headsets, it is because the ones we buy (Sennheiser PC131) have horrible build quality. My question is, what are the best, sub-50$ headsets with the best sound, and fairly comfortable that I can buy to replace the broken Sennheiser PC131's. They also need to be 3.5mm connectors, and not USB. Thank you!

I used to work at a call center.

we used a version of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Corded-Office-Headsets-Encore-Headset/dp/B005JY9OX6/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1366778121&sr=8-24&keywords=Plantronics+professional

but they are terminated into RJ11 connectors for old call center phone systems. Thing was, much like the computers and the desk chairs, this company had never replaced any of this stuff. Some of those headsets were over 12 years old. Trust me, we TRIED to break a few of these after some bad calls. They were rock solid. As you see, they're very pricey though. You can get conversion cables that split the headphone and mic into separate wires, but that's even more cost.

For a regular 3.5mm terminated headset under $50 though, I'm not sure what to recommend. All the headsets I bought in distant past are broken from normal use as well. Perhaps you should look to a slightly more costly headset so you don't have to pay such a high price for replacement sooner rather than later.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

So what would be the best for lets say below 75$. The headsets will also need both earpieces, 3.5mm connectors, and hopefully inline audio controls (mute, volume control). 

You would have to look at the Sennheisers business product line. 

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/telecommunication/solutions/contact-center/unified-communications

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 -