Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bengali

Finally upgrading my X58 i7 920 build!!!

Posted · Original PosterOP

If you are not familiar with my current setup already, feel free to check it out here :)

The new Ryzen 3000 CPUs have me really excited, so much so that I am planning to finally get a new build. CPUs in the last decade or so really haven't been exciting, which is why I put off upgrading for so long, but I think it's now time

I am planning to spend $4k-$5k including a new 1440p Gsync monitor and keyboard. I wouldn't mind going over that budget if needed. This PC will be used for 60% gaming and streaming, 20% dev work, 20% video editing

I am trying to do grey / white / black themed build. Below is a parts preliminary parts list that I am planning to get when the new CPUs drop

• AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
  • Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
  • Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 2080Ti Xtreme
  • Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 4000MHz
  • Or CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3466
  • Dummy RAM kits
  • Gigabyte PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD (1TB)
  • Corsair AX1000 Titanium
  • Phantek Evolve X w/ vertical GPU mount
  • 360mm AIO from Corsair / NZXT / Thermaltake / Deepcool Anti-leak (X?) new gen
  • Cablemod custom sleeved cables (Paracord)
  • https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/#cfgload:5ced42fde37224.25754141
  • Lenovo Y27-GQ monitor (not released yet)
  • Or Asus PG279QZ
  • Corsair K95

You can see I have multiple options for some parts, like the cooler and RAM. Some parts like the SSD and the Deepcool anti-leak CPU cooler were just announced at Computex, so depending on the reviews when they come out, those might change 

I have a few questions at this point, that I need the community's assistance with 

1. The Gigabyte Aorus Master will have a daisy chain memory configuration. That would mean it will work best with 2 DIMMs for the best memory overclock. I am planning to get dummy RAM sticks to fill the other two, until I need 64GB. Would filling the other two memory slots with dummy sticks affect memory overclocking in a daisy chain configuration?
  2. Does Cablemod have white connectors for their cables? In the configurator, I see black connectors by default. Any way that can be changed?
  3. Will the default cable lengths for the AX1000 from the cablemod configurator be fine for the Phantek Evolve X case?
  4. Is there a white Dominator Platinum RGB kit?

I am also taking suggestions to improve on the build above, so please give me if you have any. Also, feel free to ask me any questions regarding my choices in the parts.

1) Don’t know, sorry

2) I don’t believe so

3) Probably.

4) For white Corsair RAM, there is Vengeance RGB Pro that comes in white.

I would get the Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium over the Corsair AX1000.. They're the same unit, fan and all, but the the Seasonic has better Cybenetics score and no capacitors in their cables (I think they might be longer as well) which was enough to convince me. They also get a slightly better praise from reviewers for being quiet. Both are top notch, though, and you will probably never notice the difference, but might as well get the best if you're paying for it.. I have the 1000w unit myself..

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Posted · Original PosterOP

I mainly wanted the Corsair PSU because of the included magnetic labels. It's a simple thing, but attracted me towards it :)

10 hours ago, Daniel Z. said:

1) Don’t know, sorry

2) I don’t believe so

3) Probably.

4) For white Corsair RAM, there is Vengeance RGB Pro that comes in white.

^^ for number 2 you can just tag @CableMod though, they should be able to give a solid yes or no on that matter. 

X58 Madlads: X58 Xeon/i7 discussion     X99 bois: X99 Xeon/i7 discussion

Big Rig (Completed) - (Current) - i7 5960X - 4.7Ghz/3.7Ghz ~ 1.3v/1.1v core/uncore - 76-78C under RealBench load- Custom Loop: 2x 360GTS with EK-ZMT/Stubbies and EK D5 pump/res combo - EVGA X99 Classified - 32GB (4x8GB) HyperX Predator DDR4 - 3200MHz CL16 - AMD Radeon VII (best TimeSpy so far: here) - 1TB 970 Evo - Corsair RM1000i - Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG - 6x iPPC NF-F12 2000 - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned Rig (big rig moving to F@H and benching) - i7 5820K - whatever cooler I decide on - EVGA X99 Micro 2 - 16GB (4x4GB) EVGA SSC DDR4 - EVGA XC Ultra 1660 Ti - 250GB 960 Evo - Whatever other drives I end up running - Corsair CX550 - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini - LG 25UM56-P - 25" 2560x1080 at 75Hz

Planned X58 rig - i7 950 - NH-D15S - EVGA X58 Classified SLI 3-Way - 24GB (3x8GB) HyperX Savage Red DDR3 - 2x EVGA Classified 780s - probably a basic SSD - EVGA 1600W T2 - Fractal Design Define S - 3x NF-P12 Redux + whatever other fans I end up using

Delayed Linux Box - X5670 - Intel i7 920 stock cooler - EVGA X58 Micro - 6GB (6x1GB) Corsair DDR3 most likely - AMD Radeon WX2100 - probably a basic SSD - 600W Enhance Flex ATX PSU - Old Dell slim mATX chassis - 2-3x NF-A8 fans

I lowkey enjoy HEDT

@Bengali we don't offer white connectors currently, sorry. For the lengths it's best to measure everything out yourself to ensure everything fits with the configuration you're doing yourself though.

On 5/30/2019 at 5:30 PM, Bengali said:

@CableMod Thanks. For the lengths, are they the same as the stock cables that come with the PSU?

@Bengali haven't used stock cables in a while. :P
We do show lengths of all cables though if you want to cross check.