Poor perfomance on FAR CRY 5, gtx 1070 i54690

furiosa

Very sad perfomance, my PC is i54690 gtx1070 16gb

Could you guys give me a hint how to solve this?

There is no way my PC cant hadle stable 60 fps in this game at High settings!

Low fps.png

2 minutes ago, furiosa said:

There is no way my PC cant hadle stable 60 fps in this game at High settings!

There is a way. First things first, see if your CPU is maxed out.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

24 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

There is a way. First things first, see if your CPU is maxed out.

In BIOS u mean? it`s all maxed out i think

7 minutes ago, furiosa said:

No, in task manager or through the NZXT CAM overlay or RTSS overlay (available through RivaTuner software that is either standalone or included with MSI Afterburner.) What you're watching for is CPU load and GPU load. If CPU load is close to or at 100% and GPU usage is not, you have a CPU bottleneck.

The pieces of software I mentioned are an easy way to see the numbers if you only have a single display. What you have in the top right corner of your screen is sufficient.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

5 minutes ago, furiosa said:

Not in BIOS, you need software to see CPU usage percentage. 

If your CPU is maxed out it would result in stuttery, inconsistent performance.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

22 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Not in BIOS, you need software to see CPU usage percentage. 

If your CPU is maxed out it would result in stuttery, inconsistent performance.

23 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

No, in task manager or through the NZXT CAM overlay or RTSS overlay (available through RivaTuner software that is either standalone or included with MSI Afterburner.) What you're watching for is CPU load and GPU load. If CPU load is close to or at 100% and GPU usage is not, you have a CPU bottleneck.

The pieces of software I mentioned are an easy way to see the numbers if you only have a single display. What you have in the top right corner of your screen is sufficient.

The picture I sent has the rtss overlay, check on the top right

2 minutes ago, furiosa said:

The picture I sent has the rtss overlay, check on the top right

Check out some different software like HWMonitor, see if half of the cores are maxed and the other two are at half usage or something. "85%" doesn't tell the whole story.

Primary PC:

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

see if your CPU is maxed out. If your CPU is maxed out it would result in stuttery, inconsistent performance.

1 hour ago, TheSLSAMG said:

If CPU load is close to or at 100% and GPU usage is not, you have a CPU bottleneck.

fc1.png.34b332a7f3563e384aebf9f72ee6a85b.png

The CPU is pretty hot(don't let it hit above 70, it's best to keep it in the 50's), and the CPU usage definitely hits above 85%. So what @fasauceome is suggesting might be spot-on. The i5-4690/1070 combo definitely has a CPU bottleneck. How minor or major the bottleneck is depends on the game being played and what each and every graphic setting is set to. And while you can run Far Cry 5 with these particular components, it's recommended to use custom graphic settings instead of the "high" preset. You also want to have/do one of the following two things. You're gonna want to have adequate cooling for that 3.7 GHz turbo boost you got going on there(partially why it's running hot), or... if you want to stick to stock cooling(which is fine), you're gonna want to manually clock that CPU to 3.5-3.6 GHz instead of the turbo 3.7 GHz. While this possibly could seem like a tough task, it's actually very simple and done in the BIOS.

If you don't want to mess with your CPU clock, then just lower some graphic settings(which I recommend regardless) and call it a day. I recommend toning down Shadows, Geometry & Vegetation and Environment to Medium. Choose one of those 3 to set to Low for an even bigger fps boost, I suggest Geometry & Vegetation(it still looks gorgeous on Low). I also recommend toning down Anti-Aliasing. The lower down you go, the more fps you will get. And then lastly, Water and Volumetric Fog. Tone both of those down to Medium. I'd also suggest toning Volumetric Fog down to Low for more fps boost unless you really personally like Fog in general(imo, Low looks great). Motion Blur you can turn off for a minor fps boost, but it's not a major impact on fps so if you personally prefer Motion Blur to be on, keep it on. I think Motion Blur looks great in Far Cry 5, especially while driving. Some people may prefer it off though. It can make you dizzy the more you drive.

Be sure to restart the game after changing graphic settings. Oh and take another screenshot after these changes. I'd like to see the results.

33 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

"85%" doesn't tell the whole story.

I can tell you right now, it's hitting 100%. That 67 degrees is from high CPU usage.

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

fc1.png.34b332a7f3563e384aebf9f72ee6a85b.png

The CPU is pretty hot(don't let it hit above 70, it's best to keep it in the 50's), and the CPU usage definitely hits above 85%. So what @fasauceome is suggesting might be spot-on. The i5-4690/1070 combo definitely has a CPU bottleneck. How minor or major the bottleneck is depends on the game being played and what each and every graphic setting is set to. And while you can run Far Cry 5 with these particular components, it's recommended to use custom graphic settings instead of the "high" preset. You also want to have/do one of the following two things. You're gonna want to have adequate cooling for that 3.7 GHz turbo boost you got going on there(partially why it's running hot), or... if you want to stick to stock cooling(which is fine), you're gonna want to manually clock that CPU to 3.5-3.6 GHz instead of the turbo 3.7 GHz. While this possibly could seem like a tough task, it's actually very simple and done in the BIOS.

If you don't want to mess with your CPU clock, then just lower some graphic settings(which I recommend regardless) and call it a day. I recommend toning down Shadows, Geometry & Vegetation and Environment to Medium. Choose one of those 3 to set to Low for an even bigger fps boost, I suggest Geometry & Vegetation(it still looks gorgeous on Low). I also recommend toning down Anti-Aliasing. The lower down you go, the more fps you will get. And then lastly, Water and Volumetric Fog. Tone both of those down to Medium. I'd also suggest toning Volumetric Fog down to Low for more fps boost unless you really personally like Fog in general(imo, Low looks great). Motion Blur you can turn off for a minor fps boost, but it's not a major impact on fps so if you personally prefer Motion Blur to be on, keep it on. I think Motion Blur looks great in Far Cry 5, especially while driving. Some people may prefer it off though. It can make you dizzy the more you drive.

Be sure to restart the game after changing graphic settings. Oh and take another screenshot after these changes. I'd like to see the results.

I can tell you right now, it's hitting 100%. That 67 degrees is from high CPU usage.

Thanks so much for your detailed advice! I'll try this asap

Also, idk why, but i'm kind depressed of pc gaming... I mean, i dont have a NASA pc but, it's not that bad either. I was really hoping my game would stay above 60 fps in intense gameplay :(

I did try to lower the settings, work a bit, but still, on heavy scenes my cpu goes up 100% again ?

1 hour ago, furiosa said:

Thanks so much for your detailed advice! I'll try this asap. Also, idk why, but i'm kind depressed of pc gaming... I mean, i dont have a NASA pc but, it's not that bad either. I was really hoping my game would stay above 60 fps in intense gameplay.

Welcome. Don't let your hardware get you down, it could definitely be a lot worse. You'd be surprised what that i5 is capable of. I think that you basically have a moderate bottleneck from that i5. I too own a 1070 but my i5 is a 6th gen i5 so my bottleneck is just a minor one and not so tough to deal with. The good news is that while a moderate bottleneck is not exactly a minor bottleneck and easy to deal with, at least it's not a major bottleneck and a complete pain to deal with.

51 minutes ago, furiosa said:

I did try to lower the settings, work a bit, but still, on heavy scenes my cpu goes up 100% again.

This right here is actually good news. You say it worked a bit, but still on heavy scenes, your CPU is hitting 100% again. For starters, this means you have identified that this is indeed a bottleneck. Knowing the problem is halfway to solving it. I say first to accept that your CPU is going to hit and hold 100%. The remedy will be to just get it to do that less often so that your CPU stays in a temperature range that is not considered hot, thus not putting a hit on your fps like it's been doing. You want your CPU in the 50's to low 60's(degrees). This will be an indicator that your bottleneck is no longer moderate and indeed minor.

The next step is to lower every single graphic setting in Far Cry 5. Put them as low as they can possibly go. Leave the resolution where it is at. Then play the game for a good 20-45 minutes and see if that gets rid of the 100% CPU usage. If it does, you're on the right track and we've identified the bottleneck even more.

After that, you'll need to do some things to your PC in general to optimize it for gaming. This step will be completely necessary with that i5. The more things you do to your PC to free up CPU usage and utilize more GPU usage, the more graphic settings you'll be able to crank up from their lowest they can go.

21 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Welcome. Don't let your hardware get you down, it could definitely be a lot worse. You'd be surprised what that i5 is capable of. I think that you basically have a moderate bottleneck from that i5. I too own a 1070 but my i5 is a 6th gen i5 so my bottleneck is just a minor one and not so tough to deal with. The good news is that while a moderate bottleneck is not exactly a minor bottleneck and easy to deal with, at least it's not a major bottleneck and a complete pain to deal with.

This right here is actually good news. You say it worked a bit, but still on heavy scenes, your CPU is hitting 100% again. For starters, this means you have identified that this is indeed a bottleneck. Knowing the problem is halfway to solving it. I say first to accept that your CPU is going to hit and hold 100%. The remedy will be to just get it to do that less often so that your CPU stays in a temperature range that is not considered hot, thus not putting a hit on your fps like it's been doing. You want your CPU in the 50's to low 60's(degrees). This will be an indicator that your bottleneck is no longer moderate and indeed minor.

The next step is to lower every single graphic setting in Far Cry 5. Put them as low as they can possibly go. Leave the resolution where it is at. Then play the game for a good 20-45 minutes and see if that gets rid of the 100% CPU usage. If it does, you're on the right track and we've identified the bottleneck even more.

After that, you'll need to do some things to your PC in general to optimize it for gaming. This step will be completely necessary with that i5. The more things you do to your PC to free up CPU usage and utilize more GPU usage, the more graphic settings you'll be able to crank up from their lowest they can go.

I did set everything on low, the 100% persistis only in really heavy, heavy moments, but it's a lot less than before. However, the FPS still declines on those moments and also when it's under 100%.

What things I can do in my PC to lower the cpu usage? I already unparked the CPU cores.

Also, do you believe if I buy a nice air cooling setup to replace my stock one would improve?

Thanks so much for your time!!

5 minutes ago, furiosa said:

What things I can do in my PC to lower the cpu usage? I already unparked the CPU cores.

without changing hardware, use max graphics setting to lower cpu for little stabler fps.

if the cpu is cool enough (under 80C) and Not throttling, no addition cooling needed / no effects

48 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

without changing hardware, use max graphics setting to lower cpu for little stabler fps.

That's gonna raise CPU usage, not lower it.

48 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

if the cpu is cool enough (under 80C) and Not throttling, no addition cooling needed / no effects

The max CPU temp on an i5-4690 is 72.72 degrees. Once it goes above that, it is no longer in the "safe" zone and could start thermal throttling. When you keep it in the 50's to 60's, there's never anything to worry about temperature wise at all.

56 minutes ago, furiosa said:

I did set everything on low, the 100% persistis only in really heavy, heavy moments, but it's a lot less than before. However, the FPS still declines on those moments and also when it's under 100%.

This is great news and completely common. You're in the right direction to a minor bottleneck. Fps also is common to dip in certain areas of certain games. Go outside the city into the countryside in GTA 5 and then go back into the city to see what I mean. Fps varies dramatically in these areas. Just how GTA 5 is. Same with The Witcher 3. And when you use fire spells and special effects are going on, your CPU is gonna hit 100%. That is common.

Also, do you believe if I buy a nice air cooling setup to replace my stock one would improve?

It will definitely lower your CPU temp and that is a good thing. You don't exactly need a beefy air cooling system, just something better than stock. However, stock is still sufficient when you get that 100% usage to not be so often. It won't hit such high temps when that usage is less often if you know what I mean.

Well, there's multiple things and you've either already done them or you haven't. Each one of them doesn't exactly boost performance in a big way, but the more things you do to your PC, that's when you'll start to notice better performance.

There are a number of guides and videos on the internet for optimizing your PC for gaming and in each guide/video, you will without a doubt find some of the exact same things to do to your PC. The trick is to watch and read as many as you can, completely optimizing your PC for gaming. Here are some example videos that worked for me...

I've been subbed to this guy for a while, he's someone you'll want to really listen to...

Found this one yesterday, it has some things worth doing in it...

This is one I've had bookmarked for quite some time. Tons of things in this one...

Another one packed with things to do...

Just another random one I found and bookmarked like a half a year ago. Some useful things here too.

Make sure you listen to what these people are explaining. You don't have to do every single thing they say. So if you're not sure about something and what they explain still doesn't get you to understand, just skip it. And when messing with anything to do with registry, make sure you listen very closely and decide if you want to mess with it. I personally don't touch my registry and messing with it is something of a last resort.

These things will not be a miracle fix. But what they will do is make a difference, hopefully a noticeable one. And they'll also make Windows snappier and give you better boot times. Always remember to restart your PC after doing all these.

The CPU is the problem. I have the 1070 and the benchmark showed low 80 fps average at Ultra.

3 hours ago, Franck said:

The CPU is the problem. I have the 1070 and the benchmark showed low 80 fps average at Ultra.

We've already established that the CPU is the problem and are troubleshooting accordingly. I have a 1070/i5 combo and have zero issues with any games I play in 1440p so I'm lending my advice on everything I do to get to having zero issues.

10 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

We've already established that the CPU is the problem and are troubleshooting accordingly. I have a 1070/i5 combo and have zero issues with any games I play in 1440p so I'm lending my advice on everything I do to get to having zero issues.

So you are lucky, i guess. Because the bottleneck sadly persistis, even on very low.

I'll try those things in the videos you mentioned but I had a similar painstakingly experience playing BF1, with the same issue

Thanks for ur help!

17 hours ago, furiosa said:

So you are lucky, i guess. Because the bottleneck sadly persistis, even on very low.

I'll try those things in the videos you mentioned but I had a similar painstakingly experience playing BF1, with the same issue

Thanks for ur help!

Welcome. I remember having issues in BF1 before I optimized my PC for gaming. Now I have buttery smooth 1440p gameplay at a capped 105 fps in BF1. Mostly around 85-90 fps or so when I play in fully populated lobbies. The trick to BF1 is to set every setting to OFF in the basic settings and in the advanced settings, set them up like this...

• DX12 OFF
  • Resolution Scale to 95%(this helps with the bottleneck a lot at the cost of the slightest blurry screen)
  • UI Scale Factor to 50(default I think)
  • Framerate limiter to the highest fps you can achieve, lowering this will take strain off your CPU bottleneck
  • Texture Quality to Medium(the difference visually is seriously not noticeable in BF1)
  • Texture Filtering to High
  • Lighting Quality to Low(a must with a CPU bottleneck)
  • Effects Quality to High
  • Post Process Quality to Low(also a must with a CPU bottleneck)
  • Mesh Quality to High(going lower than this will cause minor pop-ins from a distance on windows and roofs)
  • Terrain Quality to Medium(don't put this on Low or terrain will look very flat because parallaxing is OFF on low)
  • Undergrowth Quality to High(you might could lower this to Medium or even Low)
  • Antialiasing Post to TAA(the others make tree leaves look noticeably different in a way that I don't like)
  • Ambient Occlusion to OFF(I'm not a big fan, you can bump it up if you wish)

Now about that bottleneck sadly persisting... Aside from fully optimizing your PC for gaming with videos and guides, there is one more thing you can do about that bottleneck and this remedy will really help you out. You can setup a custom fan curve in your BIOS. It's actually very simple once you find it in there. Mine is located under Hardware Monitor but your BIOS will be different so you're just gonna have to find your fan settings.

This is what I have mine set to, you can do the same since your CPU is pretty much the same in terms of heat...

CPU Fan1 level 1 Temp 40

CPU Fan1 level 2 Temp 50

CPU Fan1 level 3 Temp 55

CPU Fan1 level 4 Temp 60

CPU Fan1 level 1 Percent 20

CPU Fan1 level 2 Percent 60

CPU Fan1 level 3 Percent 70

CPU Fan1 level 4 Percent 85

You can do any numbers you wish as long as you understand what you're looking at. Basically when my CPU temp hits 40 degrees, the fan speed will start at 20% of its full power. When it reaches 50 degrees, the fan speed will be at 60% of its full power. When it hits 55 degrees, the fan speed will be at 70% of its full power. When it hits 60 degrees, the fan speed will be at 85 percent of its full power. Some people crank it to 100%(I don't). You can if you wish.

Bare in mind, the fan will be louder than usual and that's completely normal. When you invest in a better cooler, they're commonly not as loud and do a little better job of cooling. But don't underestimate what stock cooling can do. Especially an Intel.

This fan curve right here keeps my CPU almost always in the 50's in any game I play so my fan speed never goes over 75-80%. It rarely reaches 60 degrees unless I clock my CPU at it's max turbo speed(which I disabled). When you keep your CPU in the 50's to 60's, you're set. Even if the bottleneck is moderate like yours, all that matters is CPU temperature and stability of fps.

Hope all this helps, I know I type too much to read.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man! What's up?

So I managed to get a playable game by changing the CPU priority to High, as instructed on this reddit post:

However, I have a few questions, take a look at this picture attached My CPU is not even on 100%, neither the GPU.

But still, the fps dropped at this gameplay moment. Why does this happens?

On the bright side, I thank you so much for your time to helping me!!

FarCry5_2019_06_02_04_32_44_828.png

34 minutes ago, furiosa said:

So I managed to get a playable game by changing the CPU priority to High

Excellent. Persistence pays off. Glad to hear this.

35 minutes ago, furiosa said:

However, I have a few questions, take a look at this picture attached My CPU is not even on 100%, neither the GPU. But still, the fps dropped at this gameplay moment. Why does this happens? On the bright side, I thank you so much for your time to helping me!!

fpstem.png.0de6b91e1046a488c2ab2cd550ffaf76.png

My guess is heat. I'm thinking you have your CPU fan speed set to default when it needs to be much higher. Have you tried setting a fan curve in your BIOS? If not, doing so might just be an ideal remedy. Imo, ya' gotta get that CPU temp into the 50's in order for your fps to be more stable and to experience less fps drops.

Can't find an

On 6/11/2019 at 2:34 AM, Dr. Historic Low said:

Excellent. Persistence pays off. Glad to hear this.

fpstem.png.0de6b91e1046a488c2ab2cd550ffaf76.png

My guess is heat. I'm thinking you have your CPU fan speed set to default when it needs to be much higher. Have you tried setting a fan curve in your BIOS? If not, doing so might just be an ideal remedy. Imo, ya' gotta get that CPU temp into the 50's in order for your fps to be more stable and to experience less fps drops.

Couldn't find anything related to fan curve on my bios. There's only to set silent mode, manual or full speed. I'll try the full speed setting to see if it helps a bit.

Since we're talking about this, I'm trying out the FO76 and look at this, CPU on 59 and the perfomance remains awful. But in this case, I guess it's the game fault :P

Fallout76_2019_06_10_23_08_09_332.png

Couldn't find anything related to fan curve on my bios. There's only to set silent mode, manual or full speed. I'll try the full speed setting to see if it helps a bit.

That's it right there. You want to go to manual and set it to how you want(or something very closely to what I listed for you above in this topic). If you leave it at full speed your fan most likely will be running at full speed at all times. You don't want that, especially when you're not gaming.

Since we're talking about this, I'm trying out the FO76 and look at this, CPU on 59 and the perfomance remains awful.

45 fps in FO76 with your hardware is actually good. Quick question, when you took this screenshot, is your fan speed on the full speed setting?

But in this case, I guess it's the game fault :P

You better believe it. FO76 requires a minimum of an i5-6600K CPU. That doesn't mean you can't try to get it to run(as you have done). Just don't expect the usual 60 fps in 1080p. Best to cap your fps in that game. Probably to 30 to be on the safe side, especially if you are playing it online.

On 6/13/2019 at 1:06 AM, Dr. Historic Low said:

That's it right there. You want to go to manual and set it to how you want(or something very closely to what I listed for you above in this topic). If you leave it at full speed your fan most likely will be running at full speed at all times. You don't want that, especially when you're not gaming.

45 fps in FO76 with your hardware is actually good. Quick question, when you took this screenshot, is your fan speed on the full speed setting?

You better believe it. FO76 requires a minimum of an i5-6600K CPU. That doesn't mean you can't try to get it to run(as you have done). Just don't expect the usual 60 fps in 1080p. Best to cap your fps in that game. Probably to 30 to be on the safe side, especially if you are playing it online.

Man, some sad thing happened.

I managed to have my BIOS reseted by accident ?.

So every tweak I had done was lost, and I already noticed my CPU not being so good anymore.

Couldn't remember everything I changed to increase CPU efficiency, I read an old reddit post with a guide telling its good to disable EIST function, C1, C3, C7 Halt fucntion to help withe bottleneck. Couldn't find this guide anymore.

There's my BIOS settings, anything you would recommend to change? Thanks

thumbnail_IMG_1535.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1536.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1537.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1538.jpg

25 minutes ago, furiosa said:

Man, some sad thing happened. I managed to have my BIOS reseted by accident ?. So every tweak I had done was lost, and I already noticed my CPU not being so good anymore. Couldn't remember everything I changed to increase CPU efficiency, I read an old reddit post with a guide telling its good to disable EIST function, C1, C3, C7 Halt fucntion to help withe bottleneck. Couldn't find this guide anymore. There's my BIOS settings, anything you would recommend to change? Thanks

If you want your CPU to how it was, not much I could do about that.

I think I do notice something that could cause an issue. It looks like you have turbo boost disabled, which is perfectly fine. However, it also looks like you have your CPU manually clocked to 3.9 GHz. That right there may or may not be a problem because while your CPU is able to clock to 3.9 GHz in 1-2 core games, it can only clock to 3.7 GHz in 4 core games. It may do this by itself(as shown in FO76 above), but I still suggest changing that CPU clock to 3.7 GHz. Also make sure your power plan in your Windows 10 settings is set to Balanced, otherwise your CPU is gonna constantly be clocked at 3.7 GHz and you don't want that. When on balanced, it will clock at 3.7 during games and lower itself outside of games to where it needs to be.

I had to do something similar with my CPU and since I don't have the greatest cooler, I actually clocked my CPU to 3.0 GHz instead of 3.2 GHz that it can run at in 4 core games. Which has been near perfectly fine for me. Sure I want that extra 0.2 GHz but it's not exactly gonna make much of a difference and it heats up my CPU big time(similar to how yours has been heating up).

Did you ever find the fan curve? You also need to set that up as I described. When you set your CPU to 3.7 GHz, that alone is gonna help out with heat tremendously. A fan curve is going to help out even more.

Oh and you never did answer this question... "when you took this screenshot(FO76 above), is your fan speed on the full speed setting?" Reason I ask is because the screenshot shows your CPU temp at 58. Which is a good 10 degrees lower than shown in that Far Cry 5 screenshot. Which is great.

13 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

If you want your CPU to how it was, not much I could do about that.

I think I do notice something that could cause an issue. It looks like you have turbo boost disabled, which is perfectly fine. However, it also looks like you have your CPU manually clocked to 3.9 GHz. That right there may or may not be a problem because while your CPU is able to clock to 3.9 GHz in 1-2 core games, it can only clock to 3.7 GHz in 4 core games. It may do this by itself(as shown in FO76 above), but I still suggest changing that CPU clock to 3.7 GHz. Also make sure your power plan in your Windows 10 settings is set to Balanced, otherwise your CPU is gonna constantly be clocked at 3.7 GHz and you don't want that. When on balanced, it will clock at 3.7 during games and lower itself outside of games to where it needs to be.

I had to do something similar with my CPU and since I don't have the greatest cooler, I actually clocked my CPU to 3.0 GHz instead of 3.2 GHz that it can run at in 4 core games. Which has been near perfectly fine for me. Sure I want that extra 0.2 GHz but it's not exactly gonna make much of a difference and it heats up my CPU big time(similar to how yours has been heating up).

Did you ever find the fan curve? You also need to set that up as I described. When you set your CPU to 3.7 GHz, that alone is gonna help out with heat tremendously. A fan curve is going to help out even more.

Oh and you never did answer this question... "when you took this screenshot(FO76 above), is your fan speed on the full speed setting?" Reason I ask is because the screenshot shows your CPU temp at 58. Which is a good 10 degrees lower than shown in that Far Cry 5 screenshot. Which is great.

Hey, sir!

Did what you told, it is supposed to be like this, right? (sorry for the blurred pic :P)

About the FO76, to be honest, I don't remember! I'll set full speed and will see.

And no, I did not find anything related to Fan Curve, only the standard settings to fan speed :( (as attached below)

e9846fc8-b22c-4ef3-872f-ec6031cfbd93.jpg

8fbcbdb5-8843-435f-9c8a-b380d253f5d1.jpg

6129951a-f3ce-4ae9-8353-e20ed25e32b0.jpg