Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joelw2003

Faulty GPU?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Recently my games have been having this issue where the fps is high but I have large lag spikes and stutters even after a fresh install of windows and updated drivers.

All games I tested, GTA5, CSGO, Hitman, Firewatch, The Division 2.

Specs:

Ryzen 2600

1070Ti 

16gb ram.

what do you mean by large spikes and stutter? do you monitor your fps? games are on hdd or ssd? what psu? do you play capped or uncapped fps?

usually faulty gpu result in crash then you see a event related with gpu in windows event log.

For stutter and lag i would say maybe you hit the power limit of the gpu, or you need set power management to high performance for windows and nvidia.

or even the hdd/ssd not loading too much fast resulting in lag/stutter.

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, bapt337 said:

what do you mean by large spikes and stutter? do you monitor your fps? games are on hdd or ssd? what psu? do you play capped or uncapped fps?

usually faulty gpu result in crash then you see a event related with gpu in windows event log.

For stutter and lag i would say maybe you hit the power limit of the gpu, or you need set power management to high performance for windows and nvidia.

or even the hdd/ssd not loading too much fast resulting in lag/stutter.

games on hdd but still have the issue on ssd, large spikes and stutter fps high 100+ Corsair TX650M, uncapped fps, and high performance mode is on