$30k mega build! NEED ADVICE

I have a high end client wanting something out of control for his Master Closet! He wants 18 projectors that will all work in unison 99% of the time, but here's the kicker. He wants to be able to use each one separately as well! These projectors will be rear firing and shooting to his walls and ceiling. He's going to walk into his room and say "I'm in the jungle" and the room will turn into the jungle, speakers and all. What I need to do is build a rig that can handle 18 1080P projectors as one unit or 18 separate ones. This is why it has to come out of one tower. I was thinking something similar to Linus' video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lThX7UovKCc) but, this isn't a gaming CPU and we're using 18 projectors... How about an Intel Xeon processor and 4 GeForce 2080ti and 1 1080ti cards, ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS (or similar).... Or am I way off track for something like that? Thanks for the advice!

14 minutes ago, Krysbrown said:

How about an Intel Xeon processor and 4 GeForce 2080ti and 1 1080ti cards, ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS (or similar).... Or am I way off track for something like that?

judging by the tone of the project, the hardware you think you need to do something like this, the fact you went to a forum with seemingly no game plan. 

i think this is another dream setup sort of thread. 

also, you just need 3 of these puppies:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7EPSVS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?creativeASIN=B00C7EPSVS&linkCode=w61&imprToken=uOkx.0xFWKbvp2QJXcvGbw&slotNum=20&tag=mmcdl-20

a solid GPU for renders. get some PCIe split cards for ease of use. get an 8 core 1900x and done. 

2 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

if its not for gaming and only 1080p why not just fill a EATX with gpu's clearly budget isn't a problem xD

I've never built anything more than a few gaming rigs for friends, using newegg haha. I can put a computer together and take it apart. I went to school for Computer Science, but this is insane haha and it's going to be way too much fun. Thank you for the info, I'm going to look into what you said and see if that would work.

2 minutes ago, Krysbrown said:

I've never built anything more than a few gaming rigs for friends, using newegg haha. I can put a computer together and take it apart. I went to school for Computer Science, but this is insane haha and it's going to be way too much fun. Thank you for the info, I'm going to look into what you said and see if that would work.

@GoldenLag explained it in detail way better than i did xD. go with his idea. for the voice command stuff it sounds like a coding job which is way out of my league. maybe he can pay someone to write him an AI lol 

4 minutes ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

for the voice command stuff it sounds like a coding job which is way out of my league.

there is most likely open source voice recognition software he can use to do what he wants. 

a project like this is mostly time consuming, its not very hardware demanding. 

edit: im also just calling out that the project is most likely fake as a person who has been charged with doing this sort of project would most likely know what he is doing and have a reasonable gameplan.

Your budget is 30K? All you need is GPU acceleration?

Oh boy you're in luck: https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-GPU-TITAN-RTX-RIG-Crypto-Mining-for-altcoins-super-computing-40-000-cores-/132465395852

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Luna said:

Your budget is 30K? All you need is GPU SolidWorks acceleration?

Oh boy you're in luck: https://www.ebay.com/itm/8-GPU-TITAN-RTX-RIG-Crypto-Mining-for-altcoins-super-computing-40-000-cores-/132465395852

Will this play roblox at 30 fps?

Asking for a friend.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

3 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

Your budget is 30K? All you need is GPU acceleration?

Hahahahahahahaha he can do what he wants in the jungle all while earning Bitcoin hahaha

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

there is most likely open source voice recognition software he can use to do what he wants. 

You rock!!! Thank you very much for the help.

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

judging by the tone of the project, the hardware you think you need to do something like this, the fact you went to a forum with seemingly no game plan. 

i think this is another dream setup sort of thread. 

also, you just need 3 of these puppies:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C7EPSVS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?creativeASIN=B00C7EPSVS&linkCode=w61&imprToken=uOkx.0xFWKbvp2QJXcvGbw&slotNum=20&tag=mmcdl-20

a solid GPU for renders. get some PCIe split cards for ease of use. get an 8 core 1900x and done. 

Are these "VisionTek Radeon 7750 2GB GDDR5 6M (6x MiniDP)" high quality though. Literally nothing can go out, money isn't too big of a deal if these aren't "the best". They look perfect though, I just don't know much about them.

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

edit: im also just calling out that the project is most likely fake as a person who has been charged with doing this sort of project would most likely know what he is doing and have a reasonable gameplan.

would be sort of hardware dependant if he wants a jungle that moves tho ? and yes it's most likely never ever going to become a reality lol. if i were handing 30k+ over to someone id like them to have at least 100 serious custom builds under their belt. 

10 minutes ago, Krysbrown said:

Are these "VisionTek Radeon 7750 2GB GDDR5 6M (6x MiniDP)" high quality though. Literally nothing can go out, money isn't too big of a deal if these aren't "the best". They look perfect though, I just don't know much about them.

they are specifically made to output to multiple displays. most card dont support more than 3-4 displays at once. 

there could be a worry regarding tearing between each set of 6 displays, but to avoid that you would need quadros and display sync cards. (not sure if AMD has something similar). 

you would also be having 1 main GPU handling all the rendering and these cards purely acting as displays. 

edit: https://www.amazon.com/ATI-FirePro-DisplayPort-PCI-Express-100-505746/dp/B008MHAMT2 

this is the GPU, and you would need to look for some open source software to make the cards play nicely as a single unit. 

27 minutes ago, Krysbrown said:

I have a high end client wanting something out of control for his Master Closet! He wants 18 projectors that will all work in unison 99% of the time, but here's the kicker. He wants to be able to use each one separately as well! These projectors will be rear firing and shooting to his walls and ceiling. He's going to walk into his room and say "I'm in the jungle" and the room will turn into the jungle, speakers and all. What I need to do is build a rig that can handle 18 1080P projectors as one unit or 18 separate ones. This is why it has to come out of one tower. I was thinking something similar to Linus' video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lThX7UovKCc) but, this isn't a gaming CPU and we're using 18 projectors... How about an Intel Xeon processor and 4 GeForce 2080ti and 1 1080ti cards, ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS (or similar).... Or am I way off track for something like that? Thanks for the advice!

For gpu you should probably be looking at something like the Nvidia NVS 810 with 8 displayport outputs.

You will want a workstation level motherboard to house the three gpu required to drive the 18 displays. This likely means using an HEDT platform with sufficient PCIe lanes, (Not all Intel HEDT cpu have sufficient PCIe lanes for good multiple gpu support.)

Lots of custom software likely required to make the thing work seamlessly.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 hours ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

would be sort of hardware dependant if he wants a jungle that moves tho ? and yes it's most likely never ever going to become a reality lol. if i were handing 30k+ over to someone id like them to have at least 100 serious custom builds under their belt. 

$30k is just for the rig, it's a $300k room with much more A/V equipment.

3 hours ago, brob said:

For gpu you should probably be looking at something like the Nvidia NVS 810 with 8 displayport outputs.

You will want a workstation level motherboard to house the three gpu required to drive the 18 displays. This likely means using an HEDT platform with sufficient PCIe lanes, (Not all Intel HEDT cpu have sufficient PCIe lanes for good multiple gpu support.)

Lots of custom software likely required to make the thing work seamlessly.

We have a long time to get this thing together, but I imagine lots of R&D will go into it before we're able to install it. I'm looking into everyone's suggestions and see what makes the most sense.

Just now, Krysbrown said:

$30k is just for the rig, it's a $300k room with much more A/V equipment.

are you just making up numbers or did this guy win the lottery and have no idea what hes doing lol. 300k AV room. even with the best of the best i can come up with atop of my head doesnt come close to 300k 

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

are you just making up numbers or did this guy win the lottery and have no idea what hes doing lol. 300k AV room. even with the best of the best i can come up with atop of my head doesnt come close to 300k 

These are real numbers ? and I know it doesn't make sense, unless you're in the industry.

We have a long time to get this thing together, but I imagine lots of R&D will go into it before we're able to install it. I'm looking into everyone's suggestions and see what makes the most sense.

"hire a professional" best advice you're gonna find here considering the insane budget you/he have. could get the guys over at Dolby to hook you up bigtime with that kinda granola 

6 minutes ago, brob said:

well you would still need 3 cards. so id just cheap out and save 400$ per card using the AMD solution. 

you know, to be cheap

1 minute ago, Norwegiantweaker said:

"hire a professional" best advice you're gonna find here considering the insane budget you/he have. could get the guys over at Dolby to hook you up bigtime with that kinda granola 

But this is the craziest build I've ever had the chance to do... Doesn't it sound like fun to you? It sounds like a blast to me. Now that I have a push in the right direction, I can do a bunch of research and get everything figured out.

But this is the craziest build I've ever had the chance to do... Doesn't it sound like fun to you? It sounds like a blast to me. Now that I have a push in the right direction, I can do a bunch of research and get everything figured out.

technically all you need to get the displays working it open source display wall software and 3 display cards and 1 rendering card. 

I am need 500,000$  50GPU supercomputer

has quad intel 48c cpu

50 NVIDIA Tesla

I'd recc a EPYC 7401P and a single socket SP3, and 2-3 nvidia NVS 810s

3 minutes ago, Krysbrown said:

These are real numbers ? and I know it doesn't make sense, unless you're in the industry.

what industry is that ? you can't just throw huge numbers at a project and expect it to work xD. there's a reason people get paid to install and figure out how to do AV installations xD it does sound fun but it also sounds like id be liable when inevitably it all goes to hell because i have no experience whatsoever in doing what i've been hired to do lmao.

best of luck i expect a update once its installed. 

Just now, Norwegiantweaker said:

what industry is that ? you can't just throw huge numbers at a project and expect it to work xD. there's a reason people get paid to install and figure out how to do AV installations xD it does sound fun but it also sounds like id be liable when inevitably it all goes to hell because i have no experience whatsoever in doing what i've been hired to do lmao.

best of luck i expect a update once its installed. 

i smell a shitpost...

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

i smell a shitpost...

obviously but im bored and its entertaining to see how some people's mind work.. or dont. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU:  Integrated with Motherboard
Motherboard: ASRock - Q1900M Micro ATX Celeron J1900 Motherboard  ($74.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: Kingston - ValueRAM 1 GB (1 x 1 GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  ($12.47 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 160 GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($15.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - RANGER-M MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($19.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($32.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $156.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-28 17:16 EDT-0400

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

1 hour ago, Firewrath9 said:

i smell a shitpost...

You'll see ?