Intermittent Static on speakers

CRA5HMAN
Go to solution Solved by CRA5HMAN,
19 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Tell him to move the audio cable away from any transformers (the PC's PSU is a big interference magnet) and power cables, also try buy a ground loop isolator

https://www.amazon.com/Smof-Isolator-Speaker-Eliminate-Completely/dp/B0171PQLB8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=ground+loop+isolator&qid=1559076114&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

Thanks, I will pass on the information.  Much appreciated.

A colleague of mine has been experiencing intermittent staticky sounds on his computer system while watching YouTube - he doesn’t game on it. It is a prefab HP gaming system with An I7 7700 and A GTX 1070. He has Bose companion 2 III speakers and he’s tried them on his laptop and they have worked fine there for over a week now.  He has indicated that there’s no pattern to the staticky sounds, they kind of just come and go.  His PC is on a floor stand and there is a power bar behind it.

Any ideas at what might be causing this?

Thanks for any ideas!

*edit to correct grammar 

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

is the audio cable close to the power bar or power cable? That can cause some interference 

I will check with them.

Thanks 

10700 |MSI Z 490 Gaming Edge|EVGA RTX 2080 ti FTW 3 Ultra|EVGA P2 750|32 GSkill Sniper X DDR4 3200|Fractal Meshify S2|Kraken X53|LG 34GN 850B

4 hours ago, CRA5HMAN said:

A colleague of mine has been experiencing intermittent staticky sounds on his computer system while watching YouTube - he doesn’t game on it. It is a prefab HP gaming system with An I7 7700 and A GTX 1070. He has Bose companion 2 III speakers and he’s tried them on his laptop and they have worked fine there for over a week now.  He has indicated that there’s no pattern to the staticky sounds, they kind of just come and go.  His PC is on a floor stand and there is a power bar behind it.

Any ideas at what might be causing this?

Thanks for any ideas!

*edit to correct grammar 

Tell him to move the audio cable away from any transformers (the PC's PSU is a big interference magnet) and power cables, also try buy a ground loop isolator

https://www.amazon.com/Smof-Isolator-Speaker-Eliminate-Completely/dp/B0171PQLB8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=ground+loop+isolator&qid=1559076114&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

19 hours ago, Derkoli said:

35 minutes ago, CRA5HMAN said:

Np :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)