Are Sabrent Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 drives any good?

davidst95
Go to solution Solved by kidroc666,

i have one it's been a good drive..

Hi, I recently purchased a short I5 NUC 8 with one M.2 slot so I am looking to put the largest amount of SSD in it that I can afford.   I recently ordered a Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 on Amazon for $260 with a promo code.   The reviews are mostly positive but I'm concerned that they don't release the TBW on these drives.   I'm having seconds thoughts and wondering if I should cancel the order.   Has anyone used this brand before for a PCIe M.2 drive?   It looks like it's major selling point is that it uses Toshiba's BiCS 3D TLC NAND flash memory.    If anyone has any advice I would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

David

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:29 PM, davidst95 said:

Hi, I recently purchased a short I5 NUC 8 with one M.2 slot so I am looking to put the largest amount of SSD in it that I can afford.   I recently ordered a Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 on Amazon for $260 with a promo code.   The reviews are mostly positive but I'm concerned that they don't release the TBW on these drives.   I'm having seconds thoughts and wondering if I should cancel the order.   Has anyone used this brand before for a PCIe M.2 drive?   It looks like it's major selling point is that it uses Toshiba's BiCS 3D TLC NAND flash memory.    If anyone has any advice I would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks!

David

Have you used the Sabrent? I purchased it today and I seek reviews too. I read that it has cloning issues as it only accepts 4K Sectors and no 512 emulation.

Can you please leave an update if you did get it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 9:10 PM, Shumayal said:

Have you used the Sabrent? I purchased it today and I seek reviews too. I read that it has cloning issues as it only accepts 4K Sectors and no 512 emulation.

Can you please leave an update if you did get it?

I know I'm a little late to the party, but Sabrent came out with a utility to change the 4K sectors to 512, after the drive is installed.  I'm also looking at this drive, probably going to buy one today/tomorrow on Amazon for $220 to replace my 2 mirrored 2TB spinners that are now 6 years old...