S10e or Note 9?

I've found comparable prices on both this weekend, and am looking to upgrade from my S7. I was sold on the S10e until I went to a store and held both at the same time. Is there a good reason NOT to go for the Note 9, other than it's slightly older? 

The S10e has a higher number, therefore it's automatically goodener:tm:.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

does screen size matters to you?

Note 9  is much larger / heavier 

do you need those cpu power?

s10e use a faster chip

17 hours ago, scrabblebabble said:

I've found comparable prices on both this weekend, and am looking to upgrade from my S7. I was sold on the S10e until I went to a store and held both at the same time. Is there a good reason NOT to go for the Note 9, other than it's slightly older? 

Two main things: performance and size.

Like it or not, the Snapdragon 855 in the S10e will be faster.  That could help it last longer.  It's not a night -and-day difference, but it's there.  You're not skimping on RAM or storage, either, and it should get software updates for slightly longer.

The big thing (pardon the pun) is size.  The Note 9 is a considerably larger phone.  That's great if you value screen area above all else, but not so hot if you're just trying to quickly check your phone.  The S10e is much better if you'd like something you can easily hold with one hand.

As one person suggested, though: how deeply attached are you to the Samsung way of doing things?  If you're happy with it, that's great, but it might be worth looking at the OnePlus 7 Pro if you're up for large phones.  The camera tech won't be as good, but it'll be faster, tout a nicer screen and get better update support, all for less than you'd pay for the S10e or (most likely) Note 9.

Unpopular opinion: Samsung's Software is pretty good. Even Samsung experience (didn't had OneUI yet).

Why? It is feature-loaded. It might slow down after 1-2 years a bit.

But it runs stable without any issues. My S7 Edge ran 2.5 years pretty much without any noticeable bug.

Xiaomi and even oneplus do have the one of other Bug. My Oneplus 6T, as much as i like it, annoys me at some points to hell.

Galery is trash, it doesn't show 1 Album i made (just to save some reddit stuff in it). It also creates a .nomedia file automatically, so i have to delete that everytime i want to see that Album.

Another Galery App shows everything perfectly. Oneplus' Galery doesn't.

But idk who's responsible for this .nomedia thingy. Mabye Oneplus, maybe Reddit is Fun.

Oneplus isn't perfect either.

Every popular Smartphone (brand) does have it's pros and cons. This is an undeniable Fact.

@Joelw2003 Actually, Oneplus 7 Pro does have a very competetive Camera.

Does it beat a Pixel? Probably not. But it's far up with all the others now.

I bet, 99,5% of all users out there won't notice anything bad unless they compare 1 vs. 1.

... It's not like every Smartphone camera other than the from MKBHD beloved Pixel is trash..

Another unpopular opinion: Pixel camera is a bit overrated too. There are some things it doesn't do very well. For example, no details in shadows, and way too sharp on selfies.