(16core added)AMD 3000 specs! 4.7 GHZ, R9 3950x, R7 3700x, 3800x.

1 minute ago, CarlBar said:

You didn't do very well at statistics did you?

Seriously even using a bit of brain power to limit things to reasonable ranges the number of possibble options for each item is huge. The odds of getting even one of them right are painfully low.

The options aren't that far ranging,  they have to be the same or better than current line up but still fit within the products range and be plausible for the projected improvements one would expect from a node shrink and refinement.  

1 minute ago, CarlBar said:

getting chiplets existence right so far in advance and then 3 sets of hardware specs, (out of 6 so a 50% hit rate), is way outside of probability. And getting the full combination of clocks and TDP right for each spec set he was right about in 3 seperate cases and getting none of the rest right is way outside of any sane statistical probability. Possible in theory but the odds are so long as to be nigh impossible.

Now anyone who hasn't assumed he's going to get even some hard data type stuff wrong, and that anything subject to change will change. Well thats on them. 

I would argue the exact opposite, given the way technology advances anyone with a close eye on the industry should easily have a 50% hit rate (which statistically speaking is just a guess).  And being able to guess within 20% should be fairly easy for the professional.    Adored has no more accuracy in this with his "leaks" than any other self proclaimed expert.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

I didn't take it at all at school, but that's not to say I'm ignorant on it. I'll leave it to others to go over it with a fine comb as I don't intent to waste any more time beyond this post on it. It does depend on what specific points you compare, and the misses far outweigh the few parts "correct". A person with sufficient interest in CPUs combined with previous official public information from AMD would have got most of the same low hanging fruit. The devil is in the detail and that's where he misses the mark.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

How did they/did they fix the gaming issues the 1950X had because of it's multiple CCXs on the 3900X? Does it also feature a 'gaming mode' crippling it's performance to a 3600X? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

21 minutes ago, melete said:

lol, this video includes Linus recounting MSI's advice to motherboard buyers for overclocking the 16 core CPU people still aren't sure exists. Around 7 minutes in.

I mean we have ES samples of a 16 core. So.........

I think we know roughly when that will be comming. 

And by roughly i mean whenever intel decides to launch a 10 core

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Given that his last prediction was 25% wrong, I now fully expect 3.75GHz.

/s

7 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

Seriously even using a bit of brain power to limit things to reasonable ranges the number of possibble options for each item is huge. The odds of getting even one of them right are painfully low. getting chiplets existence right so far in advance and then 3 sets of hardware specs, (out of 6 so a 50% hit rate), is way outside of probability. And getting the full combination of clocks and TDP right for each spec set he was right about in 3 seperate cases and getting none of the rest right is way outside of any sane statistical probability. Possible in theory but the odds are so long as to be nigh impossible.

Now anyone who hasn't assumed he's going to get even some hard data type stuff wrong, and that anything subject to change will change. Well thats on them. 

As I stated in the initial announcement thread for Lisa Su's keynote, AMD has done their damnedest to plug leaks these last several years. This has been born out by the fact they managed to completely conceal either a brand new uArch for RX or at least a very, very heavily modified uArch. As for leaks, the fact that Adored got a 50% hit rate on the important part of his leaks is actually pretty impressive all things considered. Regarding 5 Ghz, we have no clue what the power curve and/or heat output on these things looks like. They very well could hit 5 Ghz, but at power or heat requirements that AMD didn't want to be part of the spec. Since the only ones that really need the extra 400 Mhz would be enthusiasts and hardcore gamers, they can OC on their own time and AMD can run the spec at 65 and 105 watts instead of pushing that up to 150-200.

That's super exciting. A 9900k alternative that costs 330 USD? 65 freaking watts?!

Hell yeah, I'm getting on that train.

1 minute ago, That Franc said:

That's super exciting. A 9900k alternative that costs 330 USD? 65 freaking watts?!

Hell yeah, I'm getting on that train.

dont forget the pcie 4.0

21 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

dont forget the pcie 4.0

we need multiplex add-in cards to split those 16 lanes into 32 PCIe 3.0 lanes.........

AMD's Gaming benchmarks

R7 3800x vs R7 2700x

Below results are from the combination of 200Mhz clockspeed bump and IPC improvements.

• 34% uplift in CS:GO
  • 33% uplift in League of Legends
  • 31% uplift PUBG
  • 21% uplift in Overwatch
  • 15% uplift in DOTA2
  • 11% uplift in GTA5

11 minutes ago, Humbug said:

[...]

R7 3800x vs R7 2700x

-34% uplift in CS:GO

-33% uplift in League of Legends

-31% uplift PUBG

-21% uplift in Overwatch

-15% uplift in DOTA2

-11% uplift in GTA5

[...]

Sounds great, but using the minus signs as markers can be misleading, I would use bullet points instead.

19 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

Sounds great, but using the minus signs as markers can be misleading, I would use bullet points instead.

Or plus signs

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

20 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

done, thank you!

Such a great Shake up from AMD. Exciting times ahead.

Intel
5960X $1000
6900K $1000
9900K $499
9700k $385 8/8

AMD
1800X $499
1700 $329
2700 £299
2700X $329
3700X $329

3800X $399
3900X $499 12/24

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

is it just me or the price seems a little high compared to what the ryzen 2000 costs now?

MSI GX660 + i7 920XM @ 2.8GHz + GTX 970M + Samsung SSD 830 256GB

Even though the reality didn't live up to the hype from the rumours, I'm not disappointed in the least... those are still very good specs.

Now to decide between getting the gains from going 8 core /16 thread, to the same on Zen 2... or get the 12/24... after seeing some actual reviews and benches of course.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

7 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

I'm surprised that she hasn't confirmed whether PCIe 4.0 would be available on the current Ryzen motherboards. Any chance that we can find Ryzen 3 motherboards before the actual release of the processors? My motherboard died so it would be great to replace it with one of them 

The F40 firmware on my Gigabyte B450 Pro has an option to enable Gen 4 PCIE.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

16 minutes ago, Neftex said:

is it just me or the price seems a little high compared to what the ryzen 2000 costs now?

that is to be expected,  as amd continuously dropped the ryzen 2000 series over the last couple months in order to ensure zen 2 cpu's dont cannibalize demand for the earlier ryzen cpu's

22 minutes ago, Neftex said:

Sure, but then they probably want to clear the backlog. Prices should drop significantly within 6 months.

Ha ha, where's those $500 16 core 5GHz CPUs. /s

Lesson: Stay off the hype train.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

1 minute ago, r2724r16 said:

Ha ha, where's those $500 16 core 5GHz CPUs. /s

Lesson: Stay off the hype train.

its not unveilded at least. we know it exists. we have ES entries of it. 

but yes hypetrain can be a bit of a throwoff. at least we know when the 16 core is comming. its comming whenever intel launches the 10 core of theirs. 

5 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

its not unveilded at least. we know it exists. we have ES entries of it

but yes hypetrain can be a bit of a throwoff. at least we know when the 16 core is comming. its comming whenever intel launches the 10 core of theirs. 

not @ 5Ghz we don't.

1 minute ago, Humbug said:

not @ 5Ghz we don't.

no we dont have it at 5ghz. 

but we haave entries. i guess i should have specified. 

3 hours ago, ravenshrike said:

As I stated in the initial announcement thread for Lisa Su's keynote, AMD has done their damnedest to plug leaks these last several years. This has been born out by the fact they managed to completely conceal either a brand new uArch for RX or at least a very, very heavily modified uArch. As for leaks, the fact that Adored got a 50% hit rate on the important part of his leaks is actually pretty impressive all things considered. Regarding 5 Ghz, we have no clue what the power curve and/or heat output on these things looks like. They very well could hit 5 Ghz, but at power or heat requirements that AMD didn't want to be part of the spec. Since the only ones that really need the extra 400 Mhz would be enthusiasts and hardcore gamers, they can OC on their own time and AMD can run the spec at 65 and 105 watts instead of pushing that up to 150-200.

Where is this "50% hit rate" coming from? 

I counted his statements and how many were inaccurate a few pages back. He got 3 things right and around 11 wrong (and that's when I was generous and counted being extremely wrong on every single price as just 1 thing wrong). 

That's about 25% correct. Not 50%.

And that's also if we include things which had been hinted and speculated about before Adored made his video, like the chiplet design. 

Main:  1650 v2   @ 4,6GHz   -   X79 Deluxe                -   GTX 1080 @ 2000MHz   -   24GB DDR3 @ 2400MHz / CL10

Side:   i7-4790K @ 4,5GHz   -   Maximus 7 Hero        -   GTX 1070 @ 2114MHz    -  16GB DDR3 @ 2666MHz / CL12

HWBOT

1 minute ago, Freitas1992 said:
u­nt­i­l ­i ­l­o­o­k­e­d ­At t­h­e ­dr­A­ft s­Ay­i­n­g $9939, ­i ­d­i­d ­n­ot ­b­e­l­i­ev­e t­h­At...­my... ­b­est ­fr­i­e­n­d ­c­ou­l­d tru­l­ly r­e­c­e­iv­i­n­g ­m­o­n­ey ­p­Art t­i­m­e ­fr­o­m t­h­er­e ­pr­etty ­o­l­d ­l­A­pt­o­p.. t­h­er­e ­Au­nts ­n­e­i­g­h­b­our ­h­A­d ­b­e­A­n ­d­o­i­n­g t­h­is ­f­or u­n­d­er 7 ­m­o­nt­hs ­A­n­d just ­p­A­i­d t­h­e ­m­or­g­A­g­e ­o­n t­h­e­ir ­p­l­A­c­e ­A­n­d ­b­ou­g­ht ­A t­o­p ­o­f t­h­e r­A­n­g­e ­g­m­c. r­e­A­d ­m­or­e ­At, ­g­o t­o t­h­is s­it­e ­h­o­m­e t­A­b ­f­or ­m­or­e ­d­et­A­i­l

copy and paste this link in your URL box................  w­­­­­­­­w­­­­­­­­w­­­­­­­­.­­­­­­­­o­­­­­­­­n­­­­­­­­l­­­­­­­­i­­­­­­­­n­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­­­-3­­­­­­­­.­­­­­­­­c­­­­­­­­o­­­­­­­­m 

wtf is this