(16core added)AMD 3000 specs! 4.7 GHZ, R9 3950x, R7 3700x, 3800x.

40 minutes ago, Simon771 said:

I was reading this article about Infinity Fabric: https://www.anandtech.com/show/14525/amd-zen-2-microarchitecture-analysis-ryzen-3000-and-epyc-rome/11

Guess I misunderstood those speeds ... could it be because I was hoping for 2x faster link between CCX chips, that could potentially lead to better performance in BDO, without having to disable some cores/threads. Then again we are less than a month away from release date, when all information will be available to us :)

CCXs are contained within a chiplet (two CCXs within one CCD and either one or two CCDs per package along with an IOD). The latest Windows update will prioritize scheduling to each CCX instead of 'randomly' assigning it. Combined with better latency overall, better memory support (resulting in faster IF speeds) and clock speed. It should perform much more consistently and overall better regardless of what you wanna do. 

I'm not sure how much doubling IF speed would help performance deficiencies caused by cross-CCX communication. There appears to be some diminishing returns at least unless I'm mistaken.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:39 PM, porina said:

To my understanding IF was and still will be related to the true memory clock, which is half the marketing speed. That hasn't changed, other than now there's an even slower IF mode for those wishing to push ram faster.

It is unfortunate that AMD only chose to show how latency scaled with ram speed. It would be interesting to see bandwidth measurements also. 

On my phone so I can't dig up links but and talked about it when they announced EPYC back at the end of last year. They specifically said IF frequency was equal to mem speed instead of half mem speed as previous.

24 minutes ago, CarlBar said:

On my phone so I can't dig up links but and talked about it when they announced EPYC back at the end of last year. They specifically said IF frequency was equal to mem speed instead of half mem speed as previous.

That would be nice and take away some of my concerns if confirmed. In particular it would make the ram bandwidth make more sense at the lower speed, but then the bandwidth to the PCIe part would be excessive. I might try a search myself later. 

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Ruh-Roh Intel:

AMD Ryzen 9 3950X breaks three benchmarking world records. 

At this E3 event the AMD team used custom BIOS voltage settings and the Ryzen Master tweaking software, plus lashings of LN2, to coax three record breaking scores from the new consumer CPU champ. The scores it achieved and broke world records in were as follows:

• Cinebench R15: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X @ 5434 points
    Previous holder: Intel Core i9-9960X @ 5320 points
  • Cinebench R20: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X @ 12167 points
    Previous holder: Intel Core i9-7960X @ 10895 points
  • Geekbench 4: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X @ 65499 points
    Previous holder: Intel Core i9-7960X @ 60991points

At the end of its little video clip AMD asserts that the Ryzen 9 3950X delivers the "most performance in a mainstream CPU socket".

a4eb0b37-a755-46ce-a29f-8bfe315ffc19.jpg.4aed46e75ff25ab192f6b2d753797142.jpg

Source: https://hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/131642-amd-ryzen-9-3950x-breaks-three-benchmarking-world-records/

Additional food for thought:

ryzen_3000_process_voltage_-100798921-orig.thumb.jpg.65b91a987930e92a58f811e9a51b0489.jpg

Here's some mini news that doesn't require its own thread:

Apparently a new chipset called X590 has been spotted in a Gigabyte bios. It could be a fully unlocked chipset with 16 chipset lanes with a 15W TDP (for reference X570 has 4 lanes disabled for a reduced TDP).

x590_chipset.png

It remains to be seen if it'll be released (the rumored X490 never was) and whether it has other unknown extra features.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

mmmm doubt it'll get released. if two NVMe sticks require active cooling at the worst case scenario, 3 sticks.....

Heh, a chipset with a proper small heatsink would be hilarious.

Just wanted to add this in:

https://wccftech.com/retailer-leaks-prices-of-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-motherboards/

Gulp. TURN AWAY NOW. $830 for the Xtreme. Yeah..I turned away in disgust too. GamersNexus were talking about $600. I really hope these prices are nonsense, the xtreme will be the best seller for the big boards. Or at least it would be at $600. We're paying $350 more than the x570 creation for basically one difference...no chipset fan. I'm sticking to getting either the aorus master or the msi creation thanks very much, at least at these prices anyways.

Is anyone desperate enough to pay more than the 3950x costs just for the lack of a fan? I really like the Xtreme but there is no way in hell I'm paying $800.

On the positive side, MSI's flagship seems to be cheaper than expected, with the Godlike around $700 instead of $777. And the x570 creation is a lot more reasonable at just under $500. That's the one I'm most tempted by. Either that or the Aorus Master.

And the rumors of x590...I dare to think of what the x590 Xtreme costs...goodness me.

1 hour ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Just wanted to add this in:

https://wccftech.com/retailer-leaks-prices-of-amd-ryzen-3000-cpus-x570-motherboards/

Gulp. TURN AWAY NOW. $830 for the Xtreme. Yeah..I turned away in disgust too. GamersNexus were talking about $600. I really hope these prices are nonsense, the xtreme will be the best seller for the big boards. Or at least it would be at $600. We're paying $350 more than the x570 creation for basically one difference...no chipset fan. I'm sticking to getting either the aorus master or the msi creation thanks very much, at least at these prices anyways.

Is anyone desperate enough to pay more than the 3950x costs just for the lack of a fan? I really like the Xtreme but there is no way in hell I'm paying $800.

On the positive side, MSI's flagship seems to be cheaper than expected, with the Godlike around $700 instead of $777. And the x570 creation is a lot more reasonable at just under $500. That's the one I'm most tempted by. Either that or the Aorus Master.

And the rumors of x590...I dare to think of what the x590 Xtreme costs...goodness me.

Hold your horse.

A lot of the prices are placeholders.

12 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Hold your horse.

A lot of the prices are placeholders.

And you don't have to buy the expensive ones and the quality has gone up over last generation. Same model X570 are quiet different to X470 this time around. It's a more for more situation, as always though few need the high cost boards anyway.