Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VegetableStu

Megathread: a noncomprehensive list of Computex 2019

^

So what do you think about the airflow of the TU150 ?

If this case front panel was mesh for more airflow I would've bought it without a second thought, but as it goes I don't believe bottom and back are enough for cooling more than a medium system.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

If this case front panel was mesh for more airflow I would've bought it without a second thought, but as it goes I don't believe bottom and back are enough for cooling more than a medium system.

there's a 120mm fan mount behind the front panel (the front panel face is one wall, there's the front of the chassis behind it as another wall), but kinda not sure how well fans can pull air in

so like this is a strictly front-to-back cooling system, lol. I'd worry about the GPU actually, because the only thing that's the intake for the GPU are the fans on the GPU itself ._. might have a hot pocket there if the air cannot be vented

4 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

^

At 99 bucks you could take it to a local machine shop, have them CNC the center of the front panel out, epoxy some fine stainless steel mesh on the inside and call it a day all for much less than the NCase or something similar. At which point it's vastly superior to anything in the ITX range unless you want something that's ultra SFF like the RVZ03.

10 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

there's a 120mm fan mount behind the front panel (the front panel face is one wall, there's the front of the chassis behind it as another wall), but kinda not sure how well fans can pull air in

so like this is a strictly front-to-back cooling system, lol. I'd worry about the GPU actually, because the only thing that's the intake for the GPU are the fans on the GPU itself ._. might have a hot pocket there if the air cannot be vented

Yea I've seen the front setup , but deemed it ... disappointing, but I just had an idea, back intake, bottom intake(remove gpu fans and slap some Noctua A12x25) and front exhaust , it might work

coherency!

If 5-ish days of Computex 2019 all happened at once, here's the interesting scraps from the pile (at least to me)

AMD: Ryzen 3900X, Navi 7nm, E3 presentation two mondays from now

Intel: 9900KS (possibly a soft counter to 3900X), 10nm SoCs for laptops

Nvidia: WE R8 LAPTOPS 8/8

Motherboard Awards:

Ddm0N0U.png

AMD wins the TOO DAMN HIGH Award for stressing out board vendors for X570. The fans on the chipset aren't for show too.

ASUS wins the Occupancy Award for valiantly outing a DTX motherboard, only to have the extra space for a risered audio card. Admittedly causing ITX case anxiety in the process, but one unseen circumstance is causing heatsink anxiety with that SODIMM.2 tower.

EVGA wins the Small Shocker Award for bringing the only Intel motherboard worth talking about throughout the show by a galactic margin: the C621 SR-3 DARK

MSI wins the Universal Service Award for 12 USB 10G ports on the X570 MEG Creation.

GIGABYTE wins the Pocket Noctua Award for use of proper finsinks for VRM cooling on higher end boards

ASRock wins the INTEL INSIDE Award for integrating Thunderbolt to two of their AMD X570 boards, and chiefly their brave use of the LGA115x mounting position on one of them, which allows for a lot less area dedicated to keepout zone and component height, and 90 degree rotations for heatsinks. let that sink in for a bit

• ASrock also wins the Patron Saint of the Square Award for releasing the sole surviving mATX board on X570. Diminished a little by only having a x16 configuration that can't do two socket x8/x8 on the board itself without risers. as it was for mATX X370 and X470. le sigh.

The Computex 2019 PC:

• 9900KS (admit it, we're all waiting for the 16-core Ryzen CPU)
  • ASRock PG X570 ITX (if Intel-based coolers fit...)
  • 16GB Colourful LP RGB RAM (that's actually VLP inside)
  • Teamgroup RGB diffused SSD
  • Corsair Hydro X system
  • Silverstone SX1000L (1 kilowatt. in SFX-L)
  • that Inwin Trypophobia Case
  • MSI Optix MPG341CQR Face-reading Display (hey free camera!)
  • someone run to ABKONCORE's booth and grab some peripherals
  • wait drop the keyboard, go steal the Apex Hall Switch Keyboard from Steelseries
  • ... go grab a case for a seat

POST ERROR: REHEARSAL REMOVED TOO LATE

PC Hardware Tags: REKT, where's muh navi, wood watercool, threadripper case PC, TEMPERED GLASS, cough, how many lanes do you want to not have PCIe4, daylight disco party for ponies, WE MESH NOW BOIS

The Stuff That We Couldn't Find An Excuse For This Post Section:

• kubb PC: bleujour system
  • TOO SEQUENTIALLY FAST: Phison-based 4.0 NVMe SSDs
  • Modern Day Wall-E: Zenbo Junior Robot
  • Modern Day Moses: Phanteks Glacier add-on water distribution plate
  • Wait go back: Coolermaster's U-Turn vapor chamber heatsink tower
  • Booth Babe Missing: der8auer LINC
  • Death By Large Brick: Noctua passive cooler
  • Muscular Hypertrophy: Thermaltake TOUGHRAM
  • This One Laptop: ASUS Pro Duo Laptop
1 hour ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Yea I've seen the front setup , but deemed it ... disappointing, but I just had an idea, back intake, bottom intake(remove gpu fans and slap some Noctua A12x25 and front exhaust ) , it might work

might need to look for a full review later on in the year ._. it'll definitely help with that front fan, but it's just one relatively small one in the middle of the height