M.2s and SSDs

Pentex

How can I differentiate between the two upon installing windows, lets say I want to install windows on the SSD, how do I know that it is the SSD and not the M.2 since they both have the same capacity?

1 minute ago, Pentex said:

How can I differentiate between the two upon installing windows, lets say I want to install windows on the SSD, how do I know that it is the SSD and not the M.2 since they both have the same capacity?

Go into the bios and change boot order to the m.2 ssd. Then install windows in it

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

If they are the same capacity (which I remember being the only easy visible thing in the W10 installer) I would honestly just unplug the drive you don't want to install Windows on.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

13 minutes ago, Minibois said:

I would honestly just unplug the drive you don't want to install Windows on.

Always install Windows with one drive installed, because windows has a nasty habit of making boot sectors on secondary drives.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I see, seems that I will be connecting the M.2 only just for windows installation then create a new volume for both the SSD and the HDD.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it!