Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JayzSub

Ryzen 3000 desktop APUs

Posted · Original PosterOP

I know there be cpus for Ryzen but will there be new desktop APUs like the 2400G?

I have an AsRock A300 Ryzen mini pc do you think I can update it's bios to use 2nd gen Ryzen? 

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.) 

Nobody knows. We'll find out at Computex.

As for your mini PC supporting Zen2... Yes, it already can since the 21st of May, update the BIOS.

3.50  2019/5/21  7.89MB Instant FlashHow to Update 1.Supports AMD next generation Ryzen™ processors
2.Update AMD Combo_PI 1.0.0.1.
* Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" or a later version before updating to this BIOS.

https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini A300 Series/#BIOS

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro

Posted · Original PosterOP
4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Nobody knows. We'll find out at Computex.

As for your mini PC supporting Zen2... Yes, it already can since the 21st of May, update the BIOS.

https://www.asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini A300 Series/#BIOS

Thank you, can't wait for a new apu for espots gaming. 

Life is a journey in darkness, and in darkness we seek a light to light our path thru life,

In light we seek the darkness in our lives to shade the misdeeds we do unto those we meet. 

Jerry Lettins (Art teacher.) 

5 hours ago, JayzSub said:

I know there be cpus for Ryzen but will there be new desktop APUs like the 2400G?

I have an AsRock A300 Ryzen mini pc do you think I can update it's bios to use 2nd gen Ryzen? 

There won't be zen2/7nm Ryzen APU for a while.

The upcoming 3200G and 3400G are essentially slightly optimized 2200G and 3400G with the newer 12nm Process.

Rest stayed the same.

7nm is only for Server and Desktop CPU right now.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

5 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Not really as the ASROCK A300 has no way to put a GPU inside (well, technically you could with half a dozen Adaptors)

And without a graphics card, you can't really use that system because of that.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

29 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

Not really as the ASROCK A300 has no way to put a GPU inside (well, technically you could with half a dozen Adaptors)

And without a graphics card, you can't really use that system because of that.

Well obviously I wasn't suggesting OP to just plop a regular Zen2 CPU in there. I was referencing their APU lineup on that one.

Because for all we know, AMD could very well announce their new APU tomorrow, too.
The fact ASROCK even updated the BIOS to support AMD's next gen Ryzen, could be a clue that there will be such an announcement... Otherwise it's kind of a pointless update when the motherboard doesn't even have a PCI-e slot.

CPU: Intel Core i7 875k / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB  / RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GBx2 DDR3-1600
MOBO: ASUS P7P55D-e LX / SSD: Intel 520 120GB / Case: Cooler Master HAF912 / PSU: Corsair TX850w / OS: Windows 10 Pro