Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jason938

Getting spam reminder event in Windows notification center everyday

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, recently I'm getting some Russian spam (about some online making money) even in my windows notification center. It asks me to snooze or dismiss. When I click on that it opens my calendar I think (I don't remember well, didn't pay attention) and when I go in Windows calendar I don't see that event anywhere. I'm not home at my PC besides weekends & my wife is using my PC and she told me that this event pops up everyday. However, I noticed this spam even in my Google calendar as well and it was there in calendar. I deleted it and all the upcoming events and also changed event settings there from "automatically add events" to "no, only show invitations to which I have responded". Note, I have two accounts in my windows mail attached (both google and outlook). I checked outlook calendar, maybe that even was there too like it was on gmail, but surprisingly it wasn't there. So I have no idea from where this reminder appears everyday in windows notification center. Can anyone help me or advise me what to do? Thank you in advance.

uXItFYA.jpg

As we see, nothing here.

33 minutes ago, jason938 said:

Yes, I do.

Then it's notification from your email client. There is no other "spam" than email spam.

BTW. Try eM Client. Is much better.

Posted · Original PosterOP
15 hours ago, homeap5 said:

Then it's notification from your email client. There is no other "spam" than email spam.

BTW. Try eM Client. Is much better.

I don't understand why do I have this notification there? It says to not miss the chance to earn some millions or something in russian. It's definitely some spam advertisement. Why or from where I get this reminder everyday in my Windows notification center?

7 hours ago, jason938 said:

I don't understand why do I have this notification there? It says to not miss the chance to earn some millions or something in russian. It's definitely some spam advertisement. Why or from where I get this reminder everyday in my Windows notification center?

Because your built in email client uses notification center. As many other programs (including eM Client that I recommend if you made that settings). Disable notifications from email client.

I have configured about 8 email accounts (job, private, paid and free) in my email client and I receive over 100 spam emails every day. Most of them I filter automatically using my own predefined filters, so all I need is to empty trash. But still - I get new spam every day that I must delete manually (or add rule to filter list). I miss chances to earn milions every day. I miss also chances to get great perfumes, take care of my health, buying great watches and enlarge my... whatever. :) Every day someone wants to prove me that my account was hacked. Many people ask me for help. So many girls wants to meet me. Well - it's modern times - spam is annoying. Especially when someone (like me) wants to have control over it and do not use automatic spam filters from email / hosting provider (because some of that spam may be useful for my job - like offers from some type of producers).