EVGA GTX Titan with Waterblock and Backplate Appears

Glenwing

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130913

The price is high of course, but looks like a nice card. The backplate is a very nice touch, since no other Titan has that by default. One thing I noticed is that it still has the venting holes in the PCI bracket, so it's clear they didn't do any redesigning of the PCB itself, just replaced the cooler with a waterblock. It would have been nice (and made sense) if they had designed another output or two into the card, maybe a second DisplayPort or 3rd DVI connector, since the ventilation really serves no purpose on this card. Dual 8-Pin power connectors also would have been nice to see (even some GTX 680s have them) although I'm not sure if NVIDIA is allowing any custom PCBs on the Titan.

I believe dual 8-pin is reserved for the Titan Ultra. Honestly I don't understand the 600 series + Titan hydro copper blocks they're so much uglier compared to the GTX 590. I'd rather go with an XSPC waterblock+back plate, cheaper and more aesthetically pleasing.

I believe dual 8-pin is reserved for the Titan Ultra. Honestly I don't understand the 600 series + Titan hydro copper blocks they're so much uglier compared to the GTX 590. I'd rather go with an XSPC waterblock+back plate, cheaper and more aesthetically pleasing.
{IMG}http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/201101/evga_gtx580_ftw_hydro_copper2_01.jpg{/IMG}

I better this.

I believe dual 8-pin is reserved for the Titan Ultra. Honestly I don't understand the 600 series + Titan hydro copper blocks they're so much uglier compared to the GTX 590. I'd rather go with an XSPC waterblock+back plate' date=' cheaper and more aesthetically pleasing.[/quote']

evga_gtx580_ftw_hydro_copper2_01.jpg

This is better. :O

Really? I actually prefer the 600 series. I guess I just like the squarish, industrial look better. Some people prefer smoother curves like on the 590 though I guess.