youtube download

Go to solution Solved by kirashi,
14 minutes ago, Tamesh16 said:

i realise this might be on the nose for this forum, but just wondering if anyone else did compilations here, how they get media from youtube, recommended sites and such 

YouTube-DL is all you need, although according to YouTube, downloading videos from their platform is a violation of their Terms of Service. (Even though streaming a video technically downloads a copy to your computer, so you tell me how that logic works.)

https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl

i realise this might be on the nose for this forum, but just wondering if anyone else did compilations here, how they get media from youtube, recommended sites and such 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

YouTube-DL is all you need, although according to YouTube, downloading videos from their platform is a violation of their Terms of Service. (Even though streaming a video technically downloads a copy to your computer, so you tell me how that logic works.)

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

50 minutes ago, kirashi said:

wow i do not know how to use this at all 

but thank you, i will try 

Edit: i think i got the hang of it , thanks

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

wow i do not know how to use this at all 

but thank you, i will try 

Edit: i think i got the hang of it , thanks

Awesome to hear, and yeah, it's command line based, so not super easy to use compared to GUI-based tools or downloader websites. On the flip side, it's also open source, and doesn't come bundled with any crapware or unwanted programs, so it's absolutely worth learning it if you're able to. :) 

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

17 hours ago, kirashi said:

wow, I just downloaded it (after running it through virustotal, which all of you should've done) and checked the --help for options.

Thank you for this.