Help! I have pretty low fps in games with mid to high end pc

So i have low fps. I used to have around 160 to 170fps in fortnit constantly and stable. Now i have really low and almost unplayable fps wich go down to 20 or so. I tried a few things:

1. lowering settings

2. youtube video stuff like game dvr

3. reinstalling fortnite

4. setting pc settings optimal 

5. completely resetting windows

And also i dont understand why my pc doesnt use all my recourses instead of like 30 - 40% and gives me good stable fps.

• GPU: 1070oc windforce v2
  • CPU:ryzen 5 1600x
  • MOTHERBOARD: Asrock fatal1ty x370 gaming x
  • ssd

17 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

And also i dont understand why my pc doesnt use all my recourses instead of like 30 - 40% and gives me good stable fps

Your CPU has 6 cores and SMT, making 12 threads. Modern games can't quite leverage that yet.

17 minutes ago, MaxMVO said:

CPU:ryzen 5 1600x

First gen Ryzen is super sensitive to ram speed and bandwidth, as well as latency. What ram speed and how many dimms do you have?

Although if this was a spontaneous change in performance without a hardware change then it's not likely the culprit

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

On 5/25/2019 at 3:18 PM, Alexsolo said:

Try updating your videocard drivers or perhaps reinstalling them. Use DDU (display driver uninstaller) to remove the current ones, and install the latest version from Nvidia's website.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

i already did.

On 5/25/2019 at 3:29 PM, fasauceome said:

Your CPU has 6 cores and SMT, making 12 threads. Modern games can't quite leverage that yet.

First gen Ryzen is super sensitive to ram speed and bandwidth, as well as latency. What ram speed and how many dimms do you have?

Although if this was a spontaneous change in performance without a hardware change then it's not likely the culprit

i have 2x4 gb 2400mhz ram but u dont think thats it either

Its so wierd a time it was like 160 constant, no drops at all and now i have trouble staying above 60 

2 hours ago, MaxMVO said:

i have 2x4 gb 2400mhz ram but u dont think thats it either

Its so wierd a time it was like 160 constant, no drops at all and now i have trouble staying above 60 

Same to me, but in my case I got a palit rtx 2080 and ryzen 5 2600x with 2x8gb 3200mhz ram sticks... I’m so confused

it seems to me that it has trouble loading the textures etc. if i go onto creative hub, it is really bad first, then goes kinda ok but if i turn its bad again. I have also noticed 3d-drops (task manager gpu), so i turnt down my 3d res in fotnite to see if it gets better. With like 240x140 instead of 1920x1080 it was still the same so this definitely isn't it chief :(

16 hours ago, henrikholstad said:

Same to me, but in my case I got a palit rtx 2080 and ryzen 5 2600x with 2x8gb 3200mhz ram sticks... I’m so confused

yeah in your case it should be 200 cnstant at least more like 220. But i think its the harder to get more fps the higher you get. thx for answering on this topic

I have noticed that when i turn on power saving mode my pc performance goes up to 100 to 160 not cobstant but a lot better than before. Now i wonder if smt is up with my psu? its a cheap one. 

On 5/27/2019 at 3:06 PM, MaxMVO said:

I have noticed that when i turn on power saving mode my pc performance goes up to 100 to 160 not cobstant but a lot better than before. Now i wonder if smt is up with my psu? its a cheap one. 

Yeah, you should never skimp on a PSU. This will be a pain in the butt, but replace the PSU and the cables, as well, as if the PSU is faulty, I wouldn't trust the other stuff either. I'd go for a Seasonic or EVGA 650-750w PSU

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

On 5/28/2019 at 8:21 PM, ImAyaanKhan said:

Yeah, you should never skimp on a PSU. This will be a pain in the butt, but replace the PSU and the cables, as well, as if the PSU is faulty, I wouldn't trust the other stuff either. I'd go for a Seasonic or EVGA 650-750w PSU

is evga good? how about evga 550w gold or bronze?

should i buy new or used?

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/evga-supernova-650-gs-80-gold-650w/1125317680-225-8756?utm_source=sharesheet&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

EVGA has good quality in terms of power supplies, and I just built a system similar to yours in pcpartpicker, and it looks like a 550w PSU will be enough, I would recommend gold certified if you can afford it, however, bronze is fine if you'd like to save money. Also, stay away from used PSU's as they tend to deteriorate over time, so getting a new one is always better. I would also recommend staying away from eBay and sticking with more trusted sites like Newegg, unless you trust the buyer you're purchasing from.

My recommendation: Go for it, and see how it works. Cheers!

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

On 5/25/2019 at 9:12 AM, MaxMVO said:

So i have low fps. I used to have around 160 to 170fps in fortnit constantly and stable. Now i have really low and almost unplayable fps wich go down to 20 or so. I tried a few things:

1. lowering settings

2. youtube video stuff like game dvr

3. reinstalling fortnite

4. setting pc settings optimal 

5. completely resetting windows

And also i dont understand why my pc doesnt use all my recourses instead of like 30 - 40% and gives me good stable fps.

• GPU: 1070oc windforce v2
  • CPU:ryzen 5 1600x
  • MOTHERBOARD: Asrock fatal1ty x370 gaming x
  • ssd

Run MSI Afterburner as you play to see what is dropping CPU or GPU. 

The last time I lost a lot of frames it was dust.  It was only a light coating and it did not affect anything but 3D open world games.

My fix was buying a Compu Cleaner that I saw JayzTwoCents use.

RIG#1 CPU: AMD, R 7 5800x3D| Motherboard: X570 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3200 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 2TB | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG42UQ

RIG#2 CPU: Intel i9 11900k | Motherboard: Z590 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 3600 | GPU: EVGA FTW3 ULTRA  RTX 3090 ti | PSU: EVGA 1300 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO | Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | SSD#1: SSD#1: Corsair MP600 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX300 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k C1 OLED TV

RIG#3 CPU: Intel i9 10900kf | Motherboard: Z490 AORUS Master | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 4000 | GPU: MSI Gaming X Trio 3090 | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD#1: Crucial P1 1TB | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV

RIG#4 CPU: Intel i9 13900k | Motherboard: AORUS Z790 Master | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 32GB DDR5 6200 | GPU: Zotac Amp Extreme 4090  | PSU: EVGA 1000 G+ | Case: Streacom BC1.1S | Cooler: EK 360mm AIO | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB  | SSD#2: Crucial MX500 2.5" 1TB | Monitor: LG 55" 4k B9 OLED TV