Remote Backup Xeon Server

Looking to build a backup Unraid server from desktop Xeon grade parts. This machine doesn't need to be too powerful (4 cores/8threads, more is fine as well) as it will mostly be handling data backup over the internet. I need to have a motherboard with an IPMI (or equivalent BMC) port for easy remote management. This machine will be located two hours away so performing manual power cycles isn't exactly an option. I don't know the xeon or enterprise grade space very well so I am not sure what would make a good combo. Any help is greatly appreciated.

budget?

Id get something like a used dell or hp server. you get pretty cheap, can get lots of drive bays, and good remote management built in.

How much storage do you need?

It can't be a rack mount chassis. I am looking for a ATX desktop format. I plan on buying a few SATA 8TB drives for it. They will fit in the chassis I have. 

I would say budget is about $500-$600.

4 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

budget?

Id get something like a used dell or hp server. you get pretty cheap, can get lots of drive bays, and good remote management built in.

How much storage do you need?

Meant to quote you.

It can't be a rack mount chassis. I am looking for a ATX desktop format. I plan on buying a few SATA 8TB drives for it (24 TB). They will fit in the chassis I have. 

I would say budget is about $500-$600.

Supermicro boards all have IPMI and they do make ATX boards. Check ebay for whatever's available and then get a xeon that fits the socket. For your use case specs aren't all that important so it pretty much comes down to what you feel like spending. 

That said, both Dell and HP make tower form servers intended for small businesses that have iDRAC and iLO compatibility. Getting a complete unit might be better from a reliability standpoint that DIYing it. 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4