Setting up a router's wireless to act as an Access Point.

I'm in the market for a network upgrade and this is what I need. I am wiring 2 rooms up for ethernet access and I want both wireless and up to 4 ethernet ports in each room. Would it be easier to just get 2 router's and set them up separately for wireless or would it be better to get something like Ubiquiti AP's and a switch for ethernet? If I do go with the AP's I will need 3 of them as I live in a 2 story house and my budget under $1000 AUD.

There is no doubt about it... go with Ubiquiti. Even the Lite version is fine. I run 3 Lite's and they do a fantastic job of signal and coverage. Put all the wired ports in each room you want to run but don't skimp on wireless. UniFi is about the best you can do because it's commercial grade mesh.

20 hours ago, Professor G - Games - Tech said:

I'm in the market for a network upgrade and this is what I need. I am wiring 2 rooms up for ethernet access and I want both wireless and up to 4 ethernet ports in each room. Would it be easier to just get 2 router's and set them up separately for wireless or would it be better to get something like Ubiquiti AP's and a switch for ethernet? If I do go with the AP's I will need 3 of them as I live in a 2 story house and my budget under $1000 AUD.

Keep in mind that Roaming between AP's is a bitch. Last I heard Ubiquti has its own solution that works well. Trying to find a solution that works well with multiple routers will be next to impossible. 

Are you plan on running 4 Ethernet cables to each room or are you going to be using a switch in each room? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

9 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Are you plan on running 4 Ethernet cables to each room or are you going to be using a switch in each room? 

I was going to run 2 to each room, one for the access point and 1 for the switch. or if I did routers following this tutorial https://www.savjee.be/2012/10/creating-one-WiFi-network-with-multiple-access-points/. 1 for a router ( wifi and ethernet for secondary devices like Xbox, server, and others) and 1 for a direct connect to the main router using the main device aka my PC.

5 hours ago, Professor G - Games - Tech said:

I was going to run 2 to each room, one for the access point and 1 for the switch. or if I did routers following this tutorial https://www.savjee.be/2012/10/creating-one-WiFi-network-with-multiple-access-points/. 1 for a router ( wifi and ethernet for secondary devices like Xbox, server, and others) and 1 for a direct connect to the main router using the main device aka my PC.

Like I stated above. If you need roaming between AP's then using two routers is not wise. Other wise it should work. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.