ports not opening?

Flux Azreal

i opened my port but it still remains closed (i used a port checker) how can i solve this?

if your using your company modem they don't usually allow ports to be opened you would need to buy a router which would let you

Do you have a service listening to that port and does it accept icmp/ping/etc? 

Intel 11700K - Gigabyte 3080 Ti- Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro - Sabrent Rocket NVME - Corsair 16GB DDR4

Would you happen to know if you're behind a double NAT? (A router plugged into another router) This is a common issue and will cause opening ports to fail.

Who is your ISP and what is the service type? (DSL, Coax, Fiber, LTE) Some ISPs won't allow port forwarding and some won't allow it on certain service types like LTE.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:17 PM, Windows7ge said:

Would you happen to know if you're behind a double NAT? (A router plugged into another router) This is a common issue and will cause opening ports to fail.

Who is your ISP and what is the service type? (DSL, Coax, Fiber, LTE) Some ISPs won't allow port forwarding and some won't allow it on certain service types like LTE.

Using just a modem connected to ethernet to my pc and my ISP is AT&N

3 hours ago, Flux Azreal said:

Using just a modem connected to ethernet to my pc and my ISP is AT&N

Although AT&T does allow for port forwarding it can be affected by your connection type. For example did you have to install a SIM card into your router? This would be a LTE router and from what I've read in the past you cannot Port Forward with this connection.

If you're on Coax or Fiber you should be able to do it.

3 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

Although AT&T does allow for port forwarding it can be affected by your connection type. For example did you have to install a SIM card into your router? This would be a LTE router and from what I've read in the past you cannot Port Forward with this connection.

If you're on Coax or Fiber you should be able to do it.

not sure what cable im using to connect my modem but it seems to be another ethernet (i dont have another modem/router the cable comes straight out the wall) i dont use a sim for the modem

3 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

not sure what cable im using to connect my modem but it seems to be another ethernet (i dont have another modem/router the cable comes straight out the wall) i dont use a sim for the modem

Most WAN connections don't use Ethernet.

What is the model number of this modem/router?

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

Most WAN connections don't use Ethernet.

What is the model number of this modem/router?

BGW210

1 minute ago, Flux Azreal said:

BGW210

Judging by the Amazon listing for this product, the Green "Broadband port" is for vDSL. The ONT port Im guessing is used if you have Fiber. Either way it should port forward. My guess is either shit firmware on the box itself. Like maybe AT&T neutered it. Or something is just not set right. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

4 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

BGW210

So you have either Fiber or DSL (phone line). I'm going to assume it's the latter. It should work for port forwarding so this exhausts the common issues I know of.

With the ports open you could try calling your ISP and asking if they can see them open. If not they would probably be able to instruct you further for your specific device. I know the Port Forwarding menus between routers varies greatly.

What does the port forwarding page look like for you? Can you post a screenshot of the configuration?

I've got the BGW210 myself but only use it in passthrough mode but should be able to see if you're on the right track.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 hours ago, Lurick said:

What does the port forwarding page look like for you? Can you post a screenshot of the configuration?

I've got the BGW210 myself but only use it in passthrough mode but should be able to see if you're on the right track.

i'm not too techy into modems n stuff i just know some simple stuff and how to port forward were can i find the "configuration"?

image.png.619b0406f2ce34918fbf1525edb8802d.png

these are my option things

Under NAT/Gaming there is a Custom Services option

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Under NAT/Gaming there is a Custom Services option

image.png.99c68e38657226b5a746b35d52022e0f.png

this?

3 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

this?

Yah, the bottom button "Custom Services" but it looks like you have a Minecraft service already on the global NAT tab. Is ProdigyZero your computer?

It's weird because I don't have any of those services but like I said I'm in passthrough mode so it might not pick up on that for me. On that page, not the custom service one, if you find the Minecraft service in the "Service" list and click on "Service Details" post a screenshot of that :)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

12 minutes ago, Lurick said:

Yah, the bottom button "Custom Services" but it looks like you have a Minecraft service already on the global NAT tab. Is ProdigyZero your computer?

It's weird because I don't have any of those services but like I said I'm in passthrough mode so it might not pick up on that for me. On that page, not the custom service one, if you find the Minecraft service in the "Service" list and click on "Service Details" post a screenshot of that :)

I dont find "Microsoft Service" anywere just these image.png.ae5d72d6d66baba811198fc1ad1f4b3c.png

and yes ProdigyZero is my pc 

26 minutes ago, Flux Azreal said:

I dont find "Microsoft Service" anywere just these image.png.ae5d72d6d66baba811198fc1ad1f4b3c.png

and yes ProdigyZero is my pc 

Ah, I see what I was missing. So if you go to the Custom Services tab you'll see the Minecraft service there. Just post a screenshot of that part, like this:

image.png.f54d23b14a2ff8924c06bb9f48bce2e9.png

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Ah, I see what I was missing. So if you go to the Custom Services tab you'll see the Minecraft service there. Just post a screenshot of that part, like this:

image.png.f54d23b14a2ff8924c06bb9f48bce2e9.png

image.png.002a166afc2c680d257540fcf041c749.png

i cannot find it sorry

1 minute ago, Flux Azreal said:

-snip-

i cannot find it sorry

that's the right page, everything looks right. The only other thing would be in the Firewall > Packet Filter if something was setup there

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 hours ago, Lurick said:

that's the right page, everything looks right. The only other thing would be in the Firewall > Packet Filter if something was setup there

this is what i see 

Screenshot_1.png

12 hours ago, Flux Azreal said:

this is what i see 

-snip-

Well darn, nothing is active so it's all good on that part too. There isn't anything in the router that should be blocking the port and I know that AT&T doesn't block that port either since I have their service too and I can access my server just fine on port 25565. The only other question I can think of is, do you have the minecraft server running when you check the ports?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC: