Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joelw2003

OnePlus Settled

Posted · Original PosterOP

First of all I don't hate OnePlus (I've owned a few of there phones) but they have some stuff they need to address and sort because it's bad marketing and bad reputation

1. First of all the "10-layer liquid cooling system" is just a standard heatpipe (Source: JerryRigEverything OP7 pro teardown)

2. The 3x optical zoom is fake it's 2.2x and digitial (Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/brxs28/oneplus_7_pros_telephoto_camera_is_not_3x/

3. Multiple users reporting 'ghost touch issue' on the 7 pro (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT1U8ilxy4k&feature=youtu.be

4. They're no longer a 'flagship killer' they're the flagship, phones with glass back? what's the point if no added feature is given e.g. wireless charging.

5. There 7 pro ads are photoshopped the bezels are bigger irl (https://prnt.sc/nt0qzs)

OnePlus started as a brand for consumer and are now like any other phone company.

oui

Primary PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel® Xeon® X5675 @ 4.62 GHz 1.4V Motherboard: ASUS P6X58-E WS (BCLK: 201 MHz) CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 & Noctua NA-SRC10 RAM: Crucial DDR3-1606 8-11-11-28 (2x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce® GTX 770 DirectCU II (Core Clock: 1250 MHz, Memory Clock: 3505 MHz) SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB (Windows 10 Pro) HDD: WD Green 3.5" 1TB (7.2K RPM) PSU: Corsair AX860i & White CableMod ModFlex™ Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: Intake: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12, Exhaust: 1x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitor: Samsung S24D390 23.6" 1080p 60Hz 250 nit PLS (OC'd to 75Hz) Keyboard: Logitech G710+ (Cherry MX Browns) Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Racing Wheel: Logitech G27 & Six-Speed Shifter Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones (Charcoal)

Primary Laptop:

Spoiler

Model: Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2019 (Silver, 2x TB3 Ports) CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-8257U @ 1.4 GHz RAM: LPDDR3-2133 (8GB) GPU: Intel® Iris® Plus Graphics 645 SSD: NVME PCIe 256GB Display: 13.3" 2560x1600 60Hz 500 nit IPS dbrand Skins: Trackpad (White Marble) & Palmrest (Hyperblack Titanium) Audio: Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones (Midnight Black)

I'll agree with most of your points except the flagship killer one. It's kind of obvious they weren't going to go after that crown forever, and why would they? You want to grow your company, not maintain razor thin margins. They still beat the big boys by several hundred dollars, if not more, which is great. They also have features a lot of them still aren't implementing, like high refresh rate screens. Honestly, this is probably the first OnePlus device I'd actually consider purchasing. They also haven't (as far as I know) marketed themselves as a flagship killer in a while. That was their initial campaign, which was true; they've since grown, and they're letting other companies take the bargain basement crown. Personally, I'm happier with their more upscale market push.

Current PC:

Spoiler

*WORK IN PROGRESS*

Mothballed PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

44 minutes ago, Joelw2003 said:

4. They're no longer a 'flagship killer' they're the flagship, phones with glass back? what's the point if no added feature is given e.g. wireless charging.

Fact: Oneplus with the 7 Pro is now closer to beeing a flagship killer than it ever was.

Fakt #2: Oneplus was NEVER a Flaggship killer. Tell me 1 single Oneplus device, that could actually "kill" even 1 Flaggship?

And Xiaomi isn't either. With not even 1 single Device.

Edit: Also Fact #3: Oneplus stopped settling more than ever before. The Oneplus 7 Pro was a bigger "step up" then any Oneplus device ever was.

- Not just 1440p Resolution, but also 90 Hz Refresh Rate (on an OLED Panel!!)

- MUCH better Vibration engine. The one on Oneplus 6t and before was absolutely GARBAGE (literaly, nothing worse exists)

- stereo speakers after having nonstop mono speakers

- Main Speaker finally on the correct site.

This one made a huge jump up. If any Oneplus Device ever wants to be a flaggship killer, it's the 7 Pro before any other.

Because this baby finally has a chance in "killing" any other flaggship.

People seem to be missing points #1, #2, and #5.

Whether or not OnePlus still is (or ever was) a flagship killer can be discussed until the end of times.

What irks me is their shady business practices people seem to be glossing over.

Advertising false specs being the worst offense here.

You don't just accidentally say "3x zoom" as opposed to 2.2x.

They knowingly did this, for seemingly no reason. They attract a small group of enthusiasts, which I'd say is their main demographic. Why would they lie to us about that? And more importantly, what else have they lied about? It's rather worrying to me, to be honest...

On the other hand, which manufacturer doesn't lie, or "uses tricks"?

This doesn't justify the act of course, but others aren't better.

That's why you wait for reviews, and don't blindly believe a stupid presentation.

And Pixel 3 / XL also had 2 hand full of problems waiting to be fixed, months and months after release.

Same with new graphic Cards. AMD or Nvidia only use specific Benchmarks, where their own Product looks good.

AMD will use Doom or other Vulkan games.

Nvidia will use Games where Nvidia has the edge, like many e-sports games etc.

Well, this isn't lying but it doesn't show the whole picture.

Stuff like that happens all the time.

This Thread could be literaly changed to talk about every single Smartphone manufacturer, not just Oneplus.

Posted · Original PosterOP
8 hours ago, Darkseth said:

On the other hand, which manufacturer doesn't lie, or "uses tricks"?

This doesn't justify the act of course, but others aren't better.

That's why you wait for reviews, and don't blindly believe a stupid presentation.

And Pixel 3 / XL also had 2 hand full of problems waiting to be fixed, months and months after release.

Same with new graphic Cards. AMD or Nvidia only use specific Benchmarks, where their own Product looks good.

AMD will use Doom or other Vulkan games.

Nvidia will use Games where Nvidia has the edge, like many e-sports games etc.

Well, this isn't lying but it doesn't show the whole picture.

Stuff like that happens all the time.

This Thread could be literaly changed to talk about every single Smartphone manufacturer, not just Oneplus.

Ok, well, LYING about 3x zoom isn't just marketing it's fraud, if apple for example called there 2x zoom 3x people would mad and rant like tons at them