EKWB Release the Lignum (Wood) Line of Water Blocks

The Benjamins

EK Lignum

The founder and owner of EK Water Blocks, Edvard König, has designed a new line of showstopping products – the EK Lignum series. 

Mr. König discovered his passion for woodworking at a very young age and began his career in a workshop. That knowledge and enthusiasm ultimately led him to start designing and manufacturing water blocks that we know today. It was only a matter of time when these two paths of his would collide and bring about something truly amazing.

EK Lignum, signature edition of EK liquid cooling products is inspired by Mr. Edvard König’s love for woodwork and modern computer technologies. It is the perfect symbiosis of the oldest natural building material and contemporary high-end cooling solutions. An unparalleled example of how your PC can reflect your lifestyle. EK Lignum and it’s wooden opulence can bring a feeling of comfort and warmth to your home while keeping your PC cool and silent for its maximum possible performance.

I got some real HARD WOOD for this new trend in water cooling parts. So far today, Walnut versions of the CPU block 2080ti Block and Hard Tubing Compression Fittings showed up. It ships 6th of June 2019

Not much to say right now, EK hasn't released their new Blog post yet lol.

EK-CPU Lignum - Walnut:  $ 189.99 (comes with fittings)

EK-FC RTX 2080 Ti Lignum - Walnut: $ 374.99 (comes with fittings & Backplate)

EK-HTC Lignum 12mm - Walnut: $ 17.99

All Posts are required to have a PUN.

www.ekwb.com/lignum

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/lignum

lignum_break4_build-1.png

MORE PICS 

Spoiler

lignum_break3_img.png

lignum_break1_product_state2-2.png

lignum_break5_gpu-2.png

ek-lignum_cpu_intel_front-1_as.v4.jpg

ek-lignum_gpu_pbc_as.v4.jpg

ek-lignum_fitting_2_as.v4.jpg

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

wood you look at that

I'm like, "wood you believe that"?

But seriously, wood you buy it?

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

These are actually quite beautiful. Have been in love with them since they showed them off last year at Computex and then when Jay basically told EK, get me these NAOOWWWWWWWWWWW for the Post Malone build. Hopefully they fixed the issue they had with Jayz and not having the SLI cutout on them forcing Jay to mod them to be able to add the SLI bridge lol. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, BachChain said:

What's lignum

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lignum

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, BachChain said:

What's lignum

I assume it's just latin for wood

Just now, VegetableStu said:

i still haven't budged after tree times though

quit being a birch and just buy it. there really aren't any questions should should have to ash yourself

Just don't leaf water on it as it will warp

GAMING PC CPU: AMD 3800X Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3080 GAMING OC RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT MESHIFY 2 XL DARK TG Cooling: EK Velocity + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC35 II
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT H700 White

1 minute ago, Sychic said:

quit being a birch and just buy it. there really aren't any questions should should have to ash yourself

I really oak they have RGB. :P

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

wood buy.  ?

image.png.c6ecc9c6e13e42d173f19edc2d0a3f7c.png

I would love a cedar option. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Wood you look at those fittings, id actually like some of those

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I see that wood is the next ridiculous fad.

InWin tried wood on Cases but they had issues with manufacturing it so they got canned but the white 305.

10 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I hope this is just a veneer and not hard wood coming in contact with the coolant.

It's just a Acetal block with wood glued on.

No wood contacting coolant.

I don't have a pun.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

11 minutes ago, Mr. horse said:

I hope this is just a veneer and not hard wood coming in contact with the coolant.

Its kind of neat to be honest. But where is the cherry and mahogany ?

The fact the new post is missing, I think these got posted live early.

I think tis real wood, but as a cover over the top of the block.

19 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I see that wood is the next ridiculous fad.

Yup, we're going full circle

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

46 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

ugh those are a pine to look at

but it would be more poplar

EKWB got Wood

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Heh, interesting. First on cases, backplates now waterblocks and fittings. I wonder about durability. Personally wouldn't want to use wood, not some big wood fan though. Heck wish my guitar wasn't made of wood. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

the name reminds me of the ligma/sugma meme

the post above beat me to it

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

2 minutes ago, LukaH said:

the name reminds me of the ligma/sugma meme

the post above beat me to it

luv u

hi