RGB controller question.

Fortknox77

hi, I have a question.. my father in law bought a corsair case I recommended for him. There's 4 fans in it and 3 of them are corsair RGB.

https://www.corsair.com/ca/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Mid-Tower-ATX-Cases/Carbide-Series-SPEC-DELTA-RGB-Tempered-Glass-Mid-Tower-ATX-Gaming-Case-—-Black/p/CC-9011166-WW

I think its a pretty neat case for a 76yo gamer ;)

But his motherboard doesn't have a RGB controller.. is there something highly recommended to plug and control all those fans? an old Asus Z87-A (i7 4770k)

Like probably USB. and which can do better controlling than just some basic colors. Something decent with a program.

Any recommendations? im totally lost in the RGB world.

Thanks a lot!

Rig1: Asus Prime Z370-P = Intel I5 9600K OC'd @ (5.2GhzAll6cores (1.360v)) = Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED = 16GB G.skill RipJaws V 3200mhz 1.35v (2x8GB) = Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G OC'd @ (2066mhz/9208mhz (+2%)) = Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower.

Rig2: Asus P5Q Pro = Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 OC'd @ (4Ghz (1.XXv)) = Thermalright P94 Cooler (Copper Version) = 8GB Kingston Hyper X OC'd @ (don't remember) = XFX Radeon 5850 2GB in CFX = Some Antec case.

Not a single person has a recommendation !? :(

Rig1: Asus Prime Z370-P = Intel I5 9600K OC'd @ (5.2GhzAll6cores (1.360v)) = Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED = 16GB G.skill RipJaws V 3200mhz 1.35v (2x8GB) = Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 WINDFORCE OC 8G OC'd @ (2066mhz/9208mhz (+2%)) = Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower.

Rig2: Asus P5Q Pro = Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 OC'd @ (4Ghz (1.XXv)) = Thermalright P94 Cooler (Copper Version) = 8GB Kingston Hyper X OC'd @ (don't remember) = XFX Radeon 5850 2GB in CFX = Some Antec case.

44 minutes ago, Fortknox77 said:

Not a single person has a recommendation !? :(

Corsair's RGB fans and lights are proprietary to their own ecosystem and controllers and cannot plug and play with standard or addressable RGB controllers. 

7 minutes ago, W-L said:

Corsair's RGB fans and lights are proprietary to their own ecosystem and controllers and cannot plug and play with standard or addressable RGB controllers. 

well I bought for a pc a cheap (real cheap like 17$CAD) Deepcool kit with 2 rgb strips, a controller and a remote and its the same 4 pins connectors as the corsairs.. maybe I should just buy another one of those kits to control the fans and colors.. but its only like 16 colors and works only with a remote and the power is from a molex.

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811980001&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwordsCA-_-DSA-_-AllPages-_-NA&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrJ7nBRD5ARIsAATMxstbOn5gG2E8Gt4H0AzNpRfAp4yIIsvkaq8F2hpnDL0JshQWv1a18JYaAneYEALw_wcB

isn't this the same as corsairs ? if you look on the last picture.

Just now, Fortknox77 said:

well I bought for a pc a cheap (real cheap like 17$CAD) Deepcool kit with 2 rgb strips, a controller and a remote and its the same 4 pins connectors as the corsairs.. maybe I should just buy another one of those kits to control the fans and colors.. but its only like 16 colors and works only with a remote and the power is from a molex.

Corsair's fans are 5V addressable LED's and will not work with the 4 pin (12v) analog controller you have for the deepcool kit. What you would require is the lighting node pro and the RGB hub for connect all the fans for controlling the lighting with Corsair Cue. 

Here's an example of the kit with the control hardware:

Image result for corsair rgb fan kit

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Corsair's fans are 5V addressable LED's and will not work with the 4 pin (12v) analog controller you have for the deepcool kit. What you would require is the lighting node pro and the RGB hub for connect all the fans for controlling the lighting with Corsair Cue. 

hola. . and is this controllable without a RGB motherboard?

Just now, Fortknox77 said:

hola. . and is this controllable without a RGB motherboard?

This is their own ecosystem with software and completely independent of a built in RGB control system like on a motherboard. Note that the fans on the 6 port RGB hub must be the same fans or they will not light correctly. I believe your case has the SP series of RGB fans.

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

the actual corsair fans that came with the cases are the same 4 pins connectors as the deepcool and with a 3 way splitters but the splitters is connected to an adaptor with a connection like shown on these corsairs controllers. wondering if I simply don't use the adaptor if im gonna blow the leds on the fans and simply connect them on the 12v molex. wouldn't mind using on my own pc but that's not mine tho.

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

This is their own ecosystem with software and completely independent of a built in RGB control system like on a motherboard. Note that the fans on the 6 port RGB hub must be the same fans or they will not light correctly. I believe your case has the SP series of RGB fans.

oh thanks that's great infos there.. so out of curiosity are each prioritary systems like asus, asrock, etc gonna work on a kit like corsair ?

5 minutes ago, Fortknox77 said:

oh thanks that's great infos there.. so out of curiosity are each prioritary systems like asus, asrock, etc gonna work on a kit like corsair ?

The Corsair RGB system will not interface with the motherboard at all since it is completely separate meaning no compositors issues. The only thing that will connect to the motherboard is for fan speed control. 

Just now, W-L said:

The Corsair RGB system will not interface with the motherboard at all since it is completely separate meaning no compositors issues. The only thing that will connect to the motherboard is for fan speed control. 

is it controlled/detected with an USB connector ?

• 8 months later...
On 5/25/2019 at 12:19 AM, W-L said:

I bought a Corsair Spec Delta Case with 3 Crosair RGB fans up front. They work fine plugged into a ASUS Z390-X Gaming.  The case comes with cables connecting all three fans to one plug and after installing ASUS's Aura software, they work perfectly.  The Aura software also controls the lighting on my Logitech gaming Keyboard and both keyboard and fans sync.

Bad news....after two days of use, the topmost fan on the Corsair Case has had an LED failure.  Pretty disappointing from Corsair.

So to sum up, any ASUS MB that is Aura capable should control the Corsair fans. If the case doesn't come with a cable connecting all of the fans to the Aura port on the MB, then you might be out some money on some cables, but otherwise, you are golden with any ASUS MB with an Aura Port.

16 hours ago, DonnerWII said:

I bought a Corsair Spec Delta Case with 3 Crosair RGB fans up front. They work fine plugged into a ASUS Z390-X Gaming.  The case comes with cables connecting all three fans to one plug and after installing ASUS's Aura software, they work perfectly.  The Aura software also controls the lighting on my Logitech gaming Keyboard and both keyboard and fans sync.

Bad news....after two days of use, the topmost fan on the Corsair Case has had an LED failure.  Pretty disappointing from Corsair.

So to sum up, any ASUS MB that is Aura capable should control the Corsair fans. If the case doesn't come with a cable connecting all of the fans to the Aura port on the MB, then you might be out some money on some cables, but otherwise, you are golden with any ASUS MB with an Aura Port.

Corsair Spec Delta case looks like it has non corsair eco system fans that sync to any mb with rgb head.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/716qCkTIH8L._SL1500_.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

the problem is there are not many software controlled usb rgb controllers that use the stander 4pin connector. only ones i no of are lamptron and coolermaster. even if you uses ones on these controlelrs there softeare dose not offer much of rgb colors or effects so there that.

now is there a way to attach standerd 4pin rgb to non standerd yes there is but its can be costly and even more confusing.

if you want a cheap slotion would be to get an manual controller with a remote.

other option is to replace the fans with say corsair or thermtake

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links