DHCP wan ip from isp and DMZ

jhonny173

Hi, i have a problem setting up DMZ for my system. I have 1 modem/router from my isp (fiberhome) and my own router (Asus-AC13000UHP). So my own router connected to modem via static ip. Then i set up dmz in modem providing static ip of my router to make all port packets forwarded to my router. However, my modem wan ip is not renewing after 1.5hrs (didn't receive any wan ip) and i suspect that the renewal response packets is also being forwarded to my router instead to my modem.

The problem is that i think my isp not allowing me to use bridge mode, whenever i set lan port from my modem to be in bridge mode, i cannot received any public ip from my 2nd router. it display an error that there is a problem on dhcp from my isp. Also note that my isp is providing DHCP wan ip for my modem

Are you connecting through PPPoE? If so, you need to enter your credentials in your Asus router in order to connect after you enable bridge mode on the ISP modem.

Nope. I'm connected via DHCP. ISP is supplying public ip for me without providing credential.