Sound Blaster Awe 64 Gold

TheDeadDodo

so i recently picked up some computer parts from an old man who wanted to get rid of them, included 10 useless cd drives and a few crappy old LAN cards, but also a sound blaster card model CT4390... my question is if i managed to find a little gold piece or is it just some useless old junk (its literally gold so its a gold piece nonetheless)

(thought i'd throw it here since i have no clue where i'm supposed to go with such a question)

It's gold plated, so you're looking at a tiny fraction of a gram of gold. I doubt that it's even $1 of gold.

2 minutes ago, badreg said:

It's gold plated, so you're looking at a tiny fraction of a gram of gold. I doubt that it's even $1 of gold.

meant a small joke, but the feedback is definitely appreciated ?

5 minutes ago, badreg said:

The card does sell on eBay for around $75-100 though, so it's not exactly worthless junk.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=+CT4390&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

i saw that, but do they sell? i can't really get statistics on that, and its such a niche, i might not even be able to sell it all in holland...

Edit: i mean, can i sell it in holland, since i dont have a credit card and don't really use ebay, i'm somewhat restricted to our local market within BeNeLux

2 minutes ago, TheDeadDodo said:

i saw that, but do they sell? i can't really get statistics on that, and its such a niche, i might not even be able to sell it all in holland...

8 sold in the US in the past 90 days, so there seems to be a fairly strong market for these things. These were used for audio production, and legacy hardware is often in demand in that industry.

16 hours ago, badreg said:

8 sold in the US in the past 90 days, so there seems to be a fairly strong market for these things. These were used for audio production, and legacy hardware is often in demand in that industry.

True, one of the pc's i use at my work has one in a spare pci slot for playback. Studio gear hasnt advanced too much lately except for simplifying sound processing and what not

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)