Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reubybaby

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 ARGB Sync AIO CPU Cooler Z390 compatibility?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all,

Just bought a Thermaltake CL-W234-PL12SW-A Water 3.0 360 ARGB Sync AIO CPU Cooler after seeing good reviews, to go with my newly purchased Gigabyte z390 Aorus Ultra MB.

All the fans are working, everything appears great, but for the life of me I can't see how to plug the RGB header into the MB.  The instructions (from the AIO) say to use the 3 pin DVG plug and plug this into the DVG addressable header on the MB, however, there doesn't appear to be one.  There are 4 pin addressable headers, and I do have a 4 pin cable that was labelled for use with ASROCK, ASUS, etc, MBs, but I am not sure if plugging this in will cause damage (the cable has a + symbol on it, leading me to believe it is power related, whereas the MB does not).  

MB manual can be found here: http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_z390-aorus-ultra_1001_190219_e.pdf

Do I need an adapter cable, or another solution?  Is there another solution?

4 pin isnt ARGB compatible... 4 pin is just normal 12 volt RGB. You will need a ARGB hub to work with your 3 pin, 5v ARGB fans. 

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans 

Posted · Original PosterOP

Thanks for the reply.  Is there a hub that you would recommend with the Thermaltake fans?  I still need another 3 fans for the case, and I don't care if they are RGB or not, so maybe an integrated fan and RGB controller for the 6 fans?