FREE $29.99(supposedly) Steam Game at EG

Paul Rudd

RiME is FREE right now on the Epic Games store. Steam link... RiME.

A $29.99 game that has regularly been hitting around $2.39 - $4.79 in 2019.

It released to Steam 2 YEARS AGO, May 26th, 2017 and has 1,734 Very Positive reviews.

It's a story rich open world atmospheric 3D puzzle platformer with a great soundtrack.

Excellent pickup as always at Epic. They are continuing to live up to their name.

And they can have all the information on my PC that they wish.

All they'll find is the likes of Paul Rudd and most certainly will never even speak one word to the dude.

Seems to work, thanks! :D

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

Does this mean I'd have to install their game launcher?
If so, no thanks.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Does this mean I'd have to install their game launcher?
If so, no thanks.

Anywhere you get a game you need some form of launcher. Except GOG.

Didn't the free games used to be every 2 weeks? Now it says every week. Wonder if it's a ploy to try to bring in more people. All I know is I still haven't spent a dime there.

#Muricaparrotgang

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Does this mean I'd have to install their game launcher? If so, no thanks.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with their launcher. I've had zero issues with it since the EG store launched in December and I like it just as much as I like Steam. I mean, look at what Steam used to look like back when it launched in 2003... You can't expect Epic to just be the greatest in its first year.

steam1.png.a44b34da2f5f9487e679db62e48fedb9.png

3 hours ago, JZStudios said:

Didn't the free games used to be every 2 weeks? Now it says every week. Wonder if it's a ploy to try to bring in more people.

It's definitely not a ploy, it's a sale they have going on in May/June...

egms.thumb.png.108e96a45e848d58650a94040485a82a.png

I'm not talking about the sale, I'm talking about the free games. Weren't they bi-weekly before? Shifting that up to every week gets more people to look at it.. Or at least gets the same people to keep looking at it.

As to the launcher, I also have no real issues with it, although I'm only snagging free games. I'm watching Helloween play through Metro Exodus and he seems to have... some sort of problem with the game+launcher. None of the games I've played have though. They are missing out on actual basic features they should've launched with. I really couldn't care less about friends when you can use Discord or 15 other apps for it.

#Muricaparrotgang

25 minutes ago, JZStudios said:

I'm not talking about the sale, I'm talking about the free games. Weren't they bi-weekly before?

Yes, they were bi-weekly. But as I just showed you, they're now weekly as part of the Mega Sale. If you'd just take some time to read what I'm putting in front of you.

egsale.png.ed2b839929e9f5e1be68e2a12a7cd946.png

They go back to bi-weekly on June 13th, as shown here, once again...

epgasala3.png.4b3bc6cb95130823389d79c1a358405e.png

11 hours ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Yes, they were bi-weekly. But as I just showed you, they're now weekly as part of the Mega Sale. If you'd just take some time to read what I'm putting in front of you.

egsale.png.ed2b839929e9f5e1be68e2a12a7cd946.png

They go back to bi-weekly on June 13th, as shown here, once again...

epgasala3.png.4b3bc6cb95130823389d79c1a358405e.png

That's not exactly a strong indication that it's temporary, but you could treat me like a fucking retard anyway.

#Muricaparrotgang

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 12:48 PM, JZStudios said:

That's not exactly a strong indication that it's temporary, but you could treat me like a fucking retard anyway.

Well, I waited until June 13th had come and gone to see if EG would give us further indication of if the free games every week is temporary or not.

This is all that changed...

freegrime.png.ffdddab147bfc680c3e741e804510248.png

freeg1.png.d114531d277bce1541d0d06ad1e0d7fd.png

It went from "NEW FREE GAME EVERY WEEK" to "Get a free game to play every week". This is not the strong indication that we may be looking for. However, I chose to get in contact with Epic today about this and got a response in approximately 3 hours(very happy with the response time) that should be a strong indication(at least imo) of what will be going on in the future at Epic with the free game situation. Here is the response...

"Epic Games player support cannot disclose any upcoming information and details of events and free games that Epic Games will produce. We would rather highly recommend you to stay tuned and update on Epic Games official website only since they will also update and keep posting things for players like you. So stay tuned!"

I actually like the response and I like what I think they are doing. Imo, this means two things. One, that I may need to try a different Epic Games support than player support to get the answer I'm looking for(which I'm thinking would be a pretty similar response). And two, I think this means that Epic will most likely be randomly switching up how often free games are given. Meaning that one month, it might be weekly and another month it might be every 2 weeks. For right now, as shown above, they have chosen to keep it at a weekly pace. Which is fine with me. It keeps things fresh, and surprising. I like that.

That next game, Rebel Galaxy, at first glance I thought to myself, noooo, don't do it. The game looked like it could possibly be a poor quality game. But when I visited its Steam page, it actually looks like a very decent quality game. May or may not be my cup of tea, but a quality game nonetheless. And a game I most certainly will be giving a go.

I played through Rebel Galaxy. It's neat. the music can get old, but there's a way to "import" your own music. It's basically naval battles in space. There's a new one coming out that's more focused on fighters, customization, and eventually full mod support.

It's a lot of same things different place, but it's engaging enough to be interesting. I finished the main campaign, but beyond that it does get a bit samey. The new one is more Freespace style which interests me more.

#Muricaparrotgang