Nvidia says 'something super is coming', any guesses?

MeatFeastMan

The next cards are rumoured to be code named Ampere right?

My Rigs | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X | Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 | GPU: AMD Radeon Powercolor 7800XT Hellhound | RAM: 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo @3600MHz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C TG | SSDs: WD BLACK SN850X 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | HDD: Seagate IronWolf 4TB (Backup of Other PCs) | Capture Card: AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 2 | Monitors: AOC G2590PX & Acer XV272U Pbmiiprzx | UPS: APC BR1500GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Pro | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

First System: Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 3GB DDR2 RAM

PSU Tier List          AMD Motherboard Tier List          SSD Tier List

1 minute ago, ThePD said:

Early adopters rekt. Seriously though, if WCCFtech is actually accurate then I feel the new cards will be just as short lived as the current RTX cards. Next gen Nvidia cards are supposedly using EUV 7NM from Samsung and I would imagine those cards would have a much bigger performance jump then we saw from Pascal to Turing. Even if Super cards are going up a tier and a new 2080ti is coming out, I would hold out for 2020 and see Navi 20 and next gen Nvidia first.

Why wait? We finally have at least decent choices available. On the Nvidia side, we have what people actually wanted. An 8gb vram mid-range card, the 2060 Super. That's what they should have done originally, and I and many others have been screaming from the rooftops about the lack of vram. I may be an AMD lover, but I appreciate that Nvidia have decided to learn from their mistakes and listen to people.

The prices still aren't ideal from what is being rumored, but the extra vram and slight improvement in performance is welcome. The RX 5700 and RTX 2060 Super are both great choices, and we finally have options in the midrange that are (just about) worth buying that aren't Vega.

This is great, I was disappointed I had to buy a RTX 2080 since AMD didn't deliver anything up to it, now the RTX 2080 Super Edition might be that little bit better at same price point I was hoping to see.

Ryzen 7 3800X + RTX 2080 Super Edition... sounds a good pairing for a high end gaming system.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

How long was the GTX 1060 3Gb since it released to when the 6Gb finally came?

The RTX 2060 6Gb to the Super 8Gb may be similar to the GTX 1060 3Gb to 6Gb, no?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

15 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Why wait? We finally have at least decent choices available. On the Nvidia side, we have what people actually wanted. An 8gb vram mid-range card, the 2060 Super. That's what they should have done originally, and I and many others have been screaming from the rooftops about the lack of vram. I may be an AMD lover, but I appreciate that Nvidia have decided to learn from their mistakes and listen to people.

The prices still aren't ideal from what is being rumored, but the extra vram and slight improvement in performance is welcome. The RX 5700 and RTX 2060 Super are both great choices, and we finally have options in the midrange that are (just about) worth buying that aren't Vega.

We don't have anything. It is all rumor. We don't know specs, we don't know prices. This could be just like when they did a memory speed bump on the 1060 which did nothing for actual performance. Until we see actual specs and pricing, nothing has changed.

1 hour ago, Albal_156 said:

The next cards are rumoured to be code named Ampere right?

Yes.

Seems like nvidia's strategy is to release cards priced as high as possible (or unreasonably so). Wait for AMD to release or try to respond to. Then respond back with either a more reasonably priced version or release higher performing versions so the public eye will react like "Amazing! It's finally a good value. Time to buy!".

Anything was more performance is always welcome. I have no problems with the RTX cards. They all run better and faster than my GTX 10 series cards. Anything better is a winner in my book. Navi is nothing. A waste of money to even buy them. 

33 minutes ago, mercury7elite said:

Anything was more performance is always welcome. I have no problems with the RTX cards. They all run better and faster than my GTX 10 series cards. Anything better is a winner in my book. Navi is nothing. A waste of money to even buy them. 

I think it would be prudent to wait for actual pricing and benchmarks before calling Navi a waste of money.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

44 minutes ago, mercury7elite said:

Navi is nothing. A waste of money to even buy them

Navi (as shown on E3) is also equal to its competitor in terms of Price and Performance so theres no waste there

✨FNIGE✨

4 hours ago, RotoCoreOne said:

Seems like nvidia's strategy is to release cards priced as high as possible (or unreasonably so). Wait for AMD to release or try to respond to. Then respond back with either a more reasonably priced version or release higher performing versions so the public eye will react like "Amazing! It's finally a good value. Time to buy!".

lol. Most people wont understand this.. No point in trying to explain anything to basic minds.. This is the entire point of marketing.. Make everyone think they're winning.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

So.... It's reusing the same numbers as existing cards except it has Super in the name... but isn't the same chip? What?
Nvidia loves making things confusing for the average consumer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

27 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

So.... It's reusing the same numbers as existing cards except it has Super in the name... but isn't the same chip? What?
Nvidia loves making things confusing for the average consumer.

I think nvidia just doesn't like to make too many price drops on their products and just release more models instead. Forces techtubers like ltt or gamers nexus to do a review on it and benchmark it for more press.

8 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

How long was the GTX 1060 3Gb since it released to when the 6Gb finally came?

The RTX 2060 6Gb to the Super 8Gb may be similar to the GTX 1060 3Gb to 6Gb, no?

-1 month. The 6gb 1060 preceded the 3gb 1060.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

23 minutes ago, 79wjd said:

-1 month. The 6gb 1060 preceded the 3gb 1060.

1598787481_images(2).png.642df1ecd65ebea83edbe9d0a3c02771.png

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

2 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

1598787481_images(2).png.642df1ecd65ebea83edbe9d0a3c02771.png

yep, the 6G was out in July 2016 while the 3G release in august 2016.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Although I don't mind these ''Super'' cards it does kind of make me scratch my head, knowing the regular cards came out less than a year ago. Not really to flattering for the adopters of the regular cards.

But can't deny I wouldn't mind a  RTX 2080 Super that has the capabilities of the a regular RTX 2080ti.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

6 hours ago, Reytime said:

Not really to flattering for the adopters of the regular cards.

I keep hearing this or a sentiment close to it.  But the reality is all PC parts get cheaper and faster over time. if you bought Ram 6 months ago you'd be pissed a the price now.  I am looking at 32G dual channel for about $50 more than 8G this time last year.   Then there is the early adopter tax that everyone knows about on top of that,  If you play on the bleeding edge you'll get cut.

14 minutes ago, mr moose said:

If you play on the bleeding edge you'll get cut.

Good point. In that case I should probably hold off on getting one of these Super cards and just wait for the 3000 series huh.

But lets wait for benchmarks! Maybe the super is not so-so super in the real world.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

1 minute ago, Reytime said:

Good point. In that case I should probably hold off on getting one of these Super cards and just wait for the 3000 series huh.

But lets wait for benchmarks! Maybe the super is not so-so super in the real world.

My advice is always to wait for benchmarks.  You woudln't buy a car unless you saw how many seats it had, or how much it could tow.

7 minutes ago, mr moose said:

My advice is always to wait for benchmarks.  You woudln't buy a car unless you saw how many seats it had, or how much it could tow.

My thing is just the resale value of the regular cards. In the near future when we're past these super cards and people are selling their 2000 series cards - the regular cards will sell for less than these super cards.

You might argue the (possible) insignificance of the Super card, but regardless of specs, 9 out of 10 people would prefer something super over not-super. Lmao.

So better sell before it's too late and the market is flooded with super cards ':)

2 minutes ago, Reytime said:

My thing is just the resale value of the regular cards. In the near future when we're past these super cards and people are selling their 2000 series cards - the regular cards will sell for less than these super cards.

You might argue the (possible) insignificance of the Super card, but regardless of specs, 9 out of 10 people would prefer something super over not-super. Lmao.

So better sell before it's too late and the market is flooded with super cards ':)

I guess if you intend on selling within the first year of buying then that might be a problem for you.

2 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I guess if you intend on selling within the first year of buying then that might be a problem for you.

That all depends on what you're getting for it.

43 minutes ago, Reytime said:

PC parts are like cars: they lose ~10% value the moment you open the box / drive off the dealership, and depreciate steadily year over year.