Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeatFeastMan

Nvidia says 'something super is coming', any guesses?

Rumors had stated that only the 2060, 2070 and 2080 were going to get SUPER versions and they were going to be refreshes – let’s just say that’s not even half of the story. Ladies and gents, I can confirm that SUPER series is very much a new lineup in its own right and contains a new flagship: The RTX 2080 Ti SUPER (yes, even the 2080 Ti is getting a SUPER version). Oh and launch date? sooner than you might think, it’s going to be a SUPER summer after all.

Turns out, there is an RTX 2080 Ti SUPER variant and its a brand new chip. It’s not an old part and it’s not a repurposed Quadro part (trust me, I asked). Oh, and its completely unlocked, meaning the AIBs can have 300 watts TDP on this thing if they wanted to – and knowing the insane custom designs that come out of AIBs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. I don’t have the exact specifications of the chip or the exact pricing yet but I am fairly confident this will have a higher core count as well as faster GDDR6 memory.

Source: https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

Looks like Nvidia is gonna give us some real beasts this summer.

Will AMD be able to come back and compete in the real high-end market now?

WS: 8700K@4.8ghz - 32GB -  1.5TB SSD  - 15TB HDD - RTX 2070 Super - 40" 3840x2160  - W10 Pro
LAPTOP: Lenovo ThinkPad X131e - 12GB - 120GB SSD - W10
NAS: HP MicroServer Gen8 - 32TB

warning: WCCF

New chip: the NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti SUPER exists and will be an absolute beast of a card
Turns out, there is an RTX 2080 Ti SUPER variant and its a brand new chip. It’s not an old part and it’s not a repurposed Quadro part (trust me, I asked). Oh, and its completely unlocked, meaning the AIBs can have 300 watts TDP on this thing if they wanted to – and knowing the insane custom designs that come out of AIBs, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this. I don’t have the exact specifications of the chip or the exact pricing yet but I am fairly confident this will have a higher core count as well as faster GDDR6 memory.

it's not a repurposed quadro part? o_o that's out of character i think. Nvidia usually makes the same chip for the same model stack across the 4 types (Quadro, Tesla, Titan, Geforce)

was about to guess a TU100 chip, but that seems to not be the case now ._.

28 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

warning: WCCF

it's not a repurposed quadro part? o_o that's out of character i think. Nvidia usually makes the same chip for the same model stack across the 4 types (Quadro, Tesla, Titan, Geforce)

was about to guess a TU100 chip, but that seems to not be the case now ._.

Well, I hope this will all turn out to be true. But somehow I don't see why NVIDIA would lower prices, I'm guessing if they made a 2000$ 2080Ti Super it would still sell...

Anyhow 11GB 2080 Super at like 700-800€ might be something that I'm willing to buy.

NEW RYZEN BUILD CPU: AMD 3800X (4.275 @ 1.325V) Motherboard: Asus STRIX X570-E GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SEA HAWK EK X RAM: 16GB G.Skill 3600MHz/CL14  PSU: Corsair RM850x Case: NZXT H700 White Cooling: EK Velocity + MSI EK 2080 block + D5 pump + 360mm rad + 280mm rad
WHAT MY GF INHERITED CPU: Intel i7-6700K (4.7GHz @ 1.39v) Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro GPU: Asus GTX 1070 8GB RAM: 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury Hard Drive: WD Black NVMe SSD 512GB Power Supply: XFX PRO 550W  Cooling: Corsair H115i Case: NZXT Switch 810 (white) Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit Monitor: AOC 27" QHD 144Hz Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Elite Audio: Bose QC25

-Threads Merged-

LTT Official Folding Month Oct 1st-Nov 4th! Donate your hardware to science, get forum badges and be entered for win PC hardware!

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- RGB Build Post 2019 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

39 minutes ago, snortingfrogs said:

Turns out, there is an RTX 2080 Ti SUPER variant and its a brand new chip. It’s not an old part and it’s not a repurposed Quadro part (trust me, I asked).

Taking this with a huge grain of salt given it's a rumour from WCCFTech, but this actually wouldn't surprise me if true. The past few generations we've seen the _80 card come out at launch and then 6-12 months later the _80 Ti card come out with a new & more powerful chip. The 2080/2080 Ti launch was different in that the 2080 Ti was available at launch, leading many to speculate that further down the line Nvidia may release something else. It has now been roughly 9 months since the launch of the 2080/2080Ti. Kind of fits Nvidia's pattern.

NVIDIA SUPER Lineup Leaked

Core VRM bundled? vRAM Pricing level (approx.)
NVIDIA RTX 2080 Ti SUPER New Chip No TBC TBC
NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER RTX 2080 Ti non-OC Unlocked No 11 ~Vanilla RTX 2080
NVIDIA RTX 2070 Ti SUPER New Chip No 8 TBC
NVIDIA RTX 2070 SUPER RTX 2080 non-OC Unlocked No 8 ~Vanilla RTX 2070
NVIDIA RTX 2060 SUPER RTX 2070 non-OC Unlocked No 8 ~Vanilla RTX 2060

https://wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

NVIDIA’s SUPER Summer starts on 6/21

Okay, disclaimer here, while I have been told that NVIDIA is preparing their announcement for 6/21, keep in mind they can move this date around a bit.

According to the WCCFtech article the announcement for the Super branding will come in less than 2 weeks, so at least we don't have long to wait to see if WCCFtech is full of shit or not.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

If Nvidia releases these cards and price drops the current cards, then I'll gladly adopt the Navi DOA memes circulating, cause these will cause the current lineup of RTX cards to actually be good FPS/$ while simultaneously obsoleting the Navi cards. Its a real shame AMD couldn't price Navi any lower.

Source

The posting references a graphics card model with the code PG151. Off the top of your head you might be wondering what the hell that could be; the latest Nvidia prefixes have all been RTX, from GeForce to Quadro, after all. But that’s actually referring to the board number or model of a particular card. The best example in this case is the RTX 2080 Ti which has a board number of PG150 and the RTX 2080 which has a board number of PG180.

it's just ECC memory version of 2000 series 

7 minutes ago, Tedny said:

Source

it's just ECC memory version of 2000 series 

What? Where are you getting that from? No where at all in the article you linked does it mention ECC memory. :S  That also wouldn't make any sense for a consumer gaming card.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x8GB 3000MHz G.Skill Ripjaws 5 | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Early adopters rekt. Seriously though, if WCCFtech is actually accurate then I feel the new cards will be just as short lived as the current RTX cards. Next gen Nvidia cards are supposedly using EUV 7NM from Samsung and I would imagine those cards would have a much bigger performance jump then we saw from Pascal to Turing. Even if Super cards are going up a tier and a new 2080ti is coming out, I would hold out for 2020 and see Navi 20 and next gen Nvidia first.

The next cards are rumoured to be code named Ampere right?

My Rigs | CPU:Ryzen 7 2700X | Motherboard:ASRock X470 Taichi | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070(used) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz Hynix | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W G+ | Case: Fractal Design Define R6 | Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism | SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200Pro 500GB, Crucial P1 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | SSHD: Seagate FireCuda 2TB (Backup) | Monitor: AOC G2590PX 144Hz | UPS: APC BR900GI Back-UPS Pro | Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2 | Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

First System: Dell Dimension E521 with AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, 3GB DDR2 RAM

Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, ThePD said:

Early adopters rekt. Seriously though, if WCCFtech is actually accurate then I feel the new cards will be just as short lived as the current RTX cards. Next gen Nvidia cards are supposedly using EUV 7NM from Samsung and I would imagine those cards would have a much bigger performance jump then we saw from Pascal to Turing. Even if Super cards are going up a tier and a new 2080ti is coming out, I would hold out for 2020 and see Navi 20 and next gen Nvidia first.

Why wait? We finally have at least decent choices available. On the Nvidia side, we have what people actually wanted. An 8gb vram mid-range card, the 2060 Super. That's what they should have done originally, and I and many others have been screaming from the rooftops about the lack of vram. I may be an AMD lover, but I appreciate that Nvidia have decided to learn from their mistakes and listen to people.

The prices still aren't ideal from what is being rumored, but the extra vram and slight improvement in performance is welcome. The RX 5700 and RTX 2060 Super are both great choices, and we finally have options in the midrange that are (just about) worth buying that aren't Vega.

This is great, I was disappointed I had to buy a RTX 2080 since AMD didn't deliver anything up to it, now the RTX 2080 Super Edition might be that little bit better at same price point I was hoping to see.

Ryzen 7 3800X + RTX 2080 Super Edition... sounds a good pairing for a high end gaming system.

Workstation Rig:
CPU:  Intel Core i9 9900K @5.0ghz  |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Dark Rock 4 |~|  MOBO: Asus Z390M ROG Maximus XI GENE |~| RAM: 32gb 3333mhz CL15 G.Skill Trident Z RGB |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN V  |~| PSU: beQuiet! Dark Power Pro 11 80Plus Platinum  |~| Boot: Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2X4TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Iron Wolf + 2X2TB SSD SanDisk Ultra |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Acer Predator X34 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Personal Use Rig:
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900 @4.75ghz |~| Cooling: beQuiet! Shadow Rock Slim |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z390M Gaming mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3400mhzCL15 Viper Steel |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition RTX 2080 Ti |~| PSU: beQuiet! Straight Power 11 80Plus Gold  |~|  Boot:  Intel 660p 2TB NVMe |~| Storage: 2x2TB SanDisk SSD Ultra 3D |~| Case: Cooler Master Case Pro 3 |~| Display: Viotek GN34CB 3440x1440p100hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

HTPC / "Console of the house":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

How long was the GTX 1060 3Gb since it released to when the 6Gb finally came?

The RTX 2060 6Gb to the Super 8Gb may be similar to the GTX 1060 3Gb to 6Gb, no?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

15 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

Why wait? We finally have at least decent choices available. On the Nvidia side, we have what people actually wanted. An 8gb vram mid-range card, the 2060 Super. That's what they should have done originally, and I and many others have been screaming from the rooftops about the lack of vram. I may be an AMD lover, but I appreciate that Nvidia have decided to learn from their mistakes and listen to people.

The prices still aren't ideal from what is being rumored, but the extra vram and slight improvement in performance is welcome. The RX 5700 and RTX 2060 Super are both great choices, and we finally have options in the midrange that are (just about) worth buying that aren't Vega.

We don't have anything. It is all rumor. We don't know specs, we don't know prices. This could be just like when they did a memory speed bump on the 1060 which did nothing for actual performance. Until we see actual specs and pricing, nothing has changed.

1 hour ago, Albal_156 said:

The next cards are rumoured to be code named Ampere right?

Yes.

Seems like nvidia's strategy is to release cards priced as high as possible (or unreasonably so). Wait for AMD to release or try to respond to. Then respond back with either a more reasonably priced version or release higher performing versions so the public eye will react like "Amazing! It's finally a good value. Time to buy!".

Anything was more performance is always welcome. I have no problems with the RTX cards. They all run better and faster than my GTX 10 series cards. Anything better is a winner in my book. Navi is nothing. A waste of money to even buy them. 

33 minutes ago, mercury7elite said:

Anything was more performance is always welcome. I have no problems with the RTX cards. They all run better and faster than my GTX 10 series cards. Anything better is a winner in my book. Navi is nothing. A waste of money to even buy them. 

I think it would be prudent to wait for actual pricing and benchmarks before calling Navi a waste of money.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

44 minutes ago, mercury7elite said:

Navi is nothing. A waste of money to even buy them

Navi (as shown on E3) is also equal to its competitor in terms of Price and Performance so theres no waste there

You can change this by going into your account settings, going down to your signature tab and Typing whatever fits within the rules.

Your welcome

4 hours ago, RotoCoreOne said:

Seems like nvidia's strategy is to release cards priced as high as possible (or unreasonably so). Wait for AMD to release or try to respond to. Then respond back with either a more reasonably priced version or release higher performing versions so the public eye will react like "Amazing! It's finally a good value. Time to buy!".

lol. Most people wont understand this.. No point in trying to explain anything to basic minds.. This is the entire point of marketing.. Make everyone think they're winning.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

So.... It's reusing the same numbers as existing cards except it has Super in the name... but isn't the same chip? What?
Nvidia loves making things confusing for the average consumer.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB(upgrade pending) / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro