Recommendation: iPhone Xr or iPhone Xs Max

Sorenson

My iPhone 7's battery drains too quickly for me so I'm looking to upgrade. The main thing i'm looking for is better battery life and a better camera. Hopefully someone who has actually used either of the two options can tell me what they think. If you have the iPhone Xs Max (and you are actually paying for it) is the extra 300 it would cost me to get it worth the OLED screen and second camera?

everyone's going to hate me for this

mi 8 is like 300-350 bucks and goes close to that xs max

Worth is entirely subjective, and really only something you can answer on your own.

It takes slightly better pictures, and has a nicer screen. The rest is on you.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Worth is entirely subjective, and really only something you can answer on your own.

It takes slightly better pictures, and has a nicer screen. The rest is on you.

Thank you, I'm looking for people who have gotten either phone and if they are happy with their decision or wish they had gone with another one. 

7 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

everyone's going to hate me for this

mi 8 is like 300-350 bucks and goes close to that xs max

No, I know i'm getting gouged by apple. I have a MacBook pro and an iPad so the added value of everything working together makes up the difference. Also, I just personally like IOS more. All I do on my phone is watch youtube videos, text, and browse the internet. If I want to mess around with something I work on my PC. 

9 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

I've tried the XR, imho it's a piece of shit, it feels cheap, light and not worth $750 (the XS Max isn't worth $1200 neither, the fuck is wrong with people who think paying over $1000 for a phone is normal), yeah you get the same CPU but the camera is shit (maybe it's because of the screen), the screen is shit, and the speakers aren't that great

I know you don't want any Android BUT this is something you should know: there's the Google Pixel 3A Plus, 6.2" (IIRC) OLED (IIRC), amazing battery life, one of the best cameras out there, you get the latest patches and updates from Google themselves, and it's over $400, it depends on what you want to do between your Apple devices, for me it's just a mobile phone and nothing else so...

Thanks for the reply! I completely agree, 1000+ phones are crazy, but I also keep my phones for around 3 years. Apparently the iPhone 11r will have an OLED screen. I should probably just buy a battery bank and wait it out. 

30 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

Apparently the iPhone 11r will have an OLED screen. I should probably just buy a battery bank and wait it out. 

or you can grab something like the google Pixel 3a and have an OLED screen, batterylife, software updates and a phone you can keep around for a long time for around 1/2 the price. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

or you can grab something like the google Pixel 3a and have an OLED screen, batterylife, software updates and a phone you can keep around for a long time for around 1/2 the price. 

I could do that, and have my AirPods not work well, not be able to send texts on my computer or laptop, not be able to face time my relatives, not be able to use the voice assistant to play my 4.99 a month apple music, and have everything I ever do on the phone tracked and used to advertise to me. 

I don't mean to be rude, but there is a reason I like iPhones. $250 isn't going to break my bank over a 2 year period. Why would I give up all of the benefits I get from using an iPhone to save $10 a month?

Just now, Sorenson said:

I could do that, and have my AirPods not work well, not be able to send texts on my computer or laptop, not be able to face time my relatives, not be able to use the voice assistant to play my 4.99 a month apple music, and have everything I ever do on the phone tracked and used to advertise to me. 

im pretty sure Apple music works fine with Googel assistant with Apple music. 

but yes that is an issue when you dig into the ecosystem. i can see why you wouldnt want to. you could also just pick up a used iphone X at some point. its not like they changed between the X and Xs. 

2 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

I don't mean to be rude, but there is a reason I like iPhones. $250 isn't going to break my bank over a 2 year period. Why would I give up all of the benefits I get from using an iPhone to save $10 a month?

fair enough, i can see why people like the Ecosystem. also i wouldnt grab an Xr. for what it is, its not impressive. 

26 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

Or you could buy a battery kit and replace it, it's too easy to do in the iPhone 7 plus you gain experience and knowledge (and you could sell it or keep it in good condition)

I got it swapped through Apple 3 months ago. I’m a substitute teacher durning the day so I end up using my phone a lot while the kids are working on their chrome books. From 6-11 my phone will be at like 30%. 

Heyo!

I am paying for my XS Max, OLED is 100% worth it for a few reasons, the most important to me being Force Touch, which is absent on the XR.

Also the XS Max has a slightly better battery than the XR and the extra cameras help immensely. I have a buddy with an XR and he half regrets his purchase simply because of the camera quality.

I use my phone in probably every way iPhones get hammered on battery for being used (Hotspot, GPS Navigation, and Bluetooth streaming.) Due to the fact that most of my life professionally and socially are run from my phone, I am on it the majority of the day. I can get ~20 hours of screen on time with only the last 2 on power saving mode no problem. No regrets on my XS Max purchase!

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

Also feels good to be recognized, thank you @PacketMan❤️

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

8 minutes ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

Heyo!

I am paying for my XS Max, OLED is 100% worth it for a few reasons, the most important to me being Force Touch, which is absent on the XR.

Also the XS Max has a slightly better battery than the XR and the extra cameras help immensely. I have a buddy with an XR and he half regrets his purchase simply because of the camera quality.

I use my phone in probably every way iPhones get hammered on battery for being used (Hotspot, GPS Navigation, and Bluetooth streaming.) Due to the fact that most of my life professionally and socially are run from my phone, I am on it the majority of the day. I can get ~20 hours of screen on time with only the last 2 on power saving mode no problem. No regrets on my XS Max purchase!

Thanks for taking the time man! I totally forgot about force touch not being on the XR. You made the decision a lot easier!

18 hours ago, PacketMan said:

My father has the iPhone XS Max, I can't say anything bad about it (well actually yes, it's too big for me, the XS is perfect size, and the golden version isn't that pretty)

Good battery life (not amazing, enough for a full day), amazing OLED display, amazing speakers, amazing design...

I've tried the XR, imho it's a piece of shit, it feels cheap, light and not worth $750 (the XS Max isn't worth $1200 neither, the fuck is wrong with people who think paying over $1000 for a phone is normal), yeah you get the same CPU but the camera is shit (maybe it's because of the screen), the screen is shit, and the speakers aren't that great

I know you don't want any Android BUT this is something you should know: there's the Google Pixel 3A Plus, 6.2" (IIRC) OLED (IIRC), amazing battery life, one of the best cameras out there, you get the latest patches and updates from Google themselves, and it's over $400, it depends on what you want to do between your Apple devices, for me it's just a mobile phone and nothing else so...

Google themselves don't provide updates past the 3 year mark...

For practicality, I'd probably lean toward the XR (of your two options). The XR boasts the best battery life of any iPhone, and (if you keep phones for a very long time) LCD displays tend to endure better than OLED.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, PacketMan said:

Disagree, Google says that there are no guaranteed support for their phones, not that they definitely won't support it, so who knows (if the support is as bad as the iPhone 6/6S in the last year... No company is perfect)

Umm what? The last update they released was targeted at making their older phones run faster. They still support the iPhone 5s which was released in September 2013, a nearly 6 year old phone. 

The XR feels cheap, the screen isn't that great for the price (the bezels are huge compared to the XS, and it looks ugly imho) and the battery life and camera aren't that great for, again, the price ($750)

I agree that the Xr looks cheaper, but I think it is more due to the lack of an OLED screen and slightly larger bezels. I actually like the color of the blue they use on the aluminum back. In reports it gets the longest battery life out of all of the models, almost as much as the pixel 3a while having a  smaller battery. After looking into it more, the camera in the Xr is the same one used in the Xs and Xs max. They might not be the "best" smartphone camera, but it is a damn good one. It is just missing the second telephoto camera. 

but maybe it's just because Apple decided to make their base phone the "cheap" choice with the best materials for the +$1000 phones

I wouldn't pay $750 for the 64GB iPhone XR, too expensive for what it really offers while having cheaper and (personally) better alternatives, like the Pixel 3A or the iPhone 8 Plus (can be found for around $400-$500), it's something personal so what I found not worth it can be worth it for other people, and viceversa

Personally, I would rather go with the iPhone Xr than the pixel 3a. It's made out of plastic and looks like an old Nokia phone from 2012. 

It looks like you're already in the ecosystem, so I don't see a point of arguing Android vs iOS at this point; you seem content with iOS regardless. With that being said, I would probably pick up the XR. The lower-resolution LCD screen is a bit disappointing, but does bring benefits in battery life that which in many test do outperform the XS max even. I don't have experience with the XR but I think in day-to-day it's not a big deal, even though OLED is pretty sexy. The price difference though is what takes it home I think.

I personally would prefer a OP7P (I don't know how this phone hasn't been brought up in discussion yet if you're talking iPhone price range), but to each their own, I currently have an iPhone X myself.

tl;dr iPhone XR

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

XR and XS Max are toe to toe in battery life, not sure where you all have seen otherwise.

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 5/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, PacketMan said:

Disagree, Google says that there are no guaranteed support for their phones, not that they definitely won't support it, so who knows (if the support is as bad as the iPhone 6/6S in the last year... No company is perfect)

You need to do some info hunting. My gf has 6S, she gets all updates day 1 (iirc, pretty sure of that). 5S got the latest updates as well, that's 6 years guaranteed vs. Googles "who knows maybe 3+". 

As an android user I can only dream of that kind of support. 

On 5/24/2019 at 3:07 PM, PacketMan said:

Samsung Galaxy S5/S6 for 3+ years can relate, no issues with the OLED screen, there's obviously some models that get worse displays (like the Pixel and the burnt screens) but it's just that: the model

Have seen some insane burn ins on Galaxy S7 for instance (not even 2 days ago on my uncles phone as an example), they are possible on best displays. So no, it isn't "the model". 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

@SenpaiKaplan @PacketMan

So I decided to try out the iPhone XS Max, since you can return it with min 14 days, and I love most of it. The screen is huge and amazing to use, I can text a lot faster on it, the speakers are so much better than my iPhone 7’s, the battery life is great, and Face ID is so fast! My one complaint is my hands are cramping up from using the darn thing ?. Turns out I’ve been skipping hand day at the gym.

5 hours ago, Sorenson said:

@SenpaiKaplan @PacketMan

So I decided to try out the iPhone XS Max, since you can return it with min 14 days, and I love most of it. The screen is huge and amazing to use, I can text a lot faster on it, the speakers are so much better than my iPhone 7’s, the battery life is great, and Face ID is so fast! My one complaint is my hands are cramping up from using the darn thing ?. Turns out I’ve been skipping hand day at the gym.

XS Max is a thicc boi, especially if you aren't used to phablet sized phones

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

11 hours ago, PacketMan said:

In my family there has been an iPhone 5S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 8 and iPhone XS Max, the 5S and 6S Plus got a huge slow-down with iOS 11

Absolutely no issues here on 6S or slow downs that iirc were due to battery limitations, or better to say on phones that Apple limited with OS. Can't comment on other phones. Maybe because she did swap her battery? Honestly do not know. 

The thing with the now updates day 1 is that I feel like Apple is treating its customers as beta testers, every update I hear people complaining about something broken, unlike the old updates which worked perfectly fine, I can support minor bugs but something like the iOS 11 was poorly made and poorly tested, only think customers can hope is Apple will never do that again and test it way better

Just to be clear since we are talking beta testing, we all know Pie has been out for almost a year, yet the Pixels (even the 3a) still has the memory management issue. As in apps closing in background when you have 3 apps open with a lot of unused RAM left. A bug that has not been resolved since day 1. My LG with 4GB doesn't have that issue. LG. Then we have Pixels still not saving all photos, a bug that I have seen people complaining since OG Pixel. Apple never had such issues. It's ridiculous Google can't sort that out. 

About the OLED burnt screen, LCD, LED and TFT can be faulty and can have defects too

They absolutely can, but in general LCDs do last longer than OLEDs, or better to say it has been here longer, is more developed and no chance of burn in (I have an OLED, I don't like it but it's the truth, yet I would still go OLED). We were talking how OLED depends on "the model", but it's not completely true. Even new Samsungs have OLED issues. Are they higher quality? Yeah absolutely, and them having issues says a lot. Much less chance you will have issues with an XR LCD than with XS LOED but after getting used to blacks and AMOLED background, I would still take the risk.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Watchdog UK found that the battery life of the phone xr is nearly 50% lower than the claims that were being made by apple. Apparently the talk time is 16hours ad 32 minutes when apple claimed it was 25 hours. https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/apples-iphone-battery-life-claims-are-exaggerated-claims-uk-watchdog

In short, if you absolutely have to get an iphone, get the XS or XS max, not the XR. The difference in price is worth it i guess. 

Desktop: Slick

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600    Motherboard: Asus Prime X470-Pro    RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz CL16   GPU: GTX 1080 8GB 

Storage: Samsung PM981 256GB (970 EVO)    PSU: Corsair TX650M   Case: Lian-Li PCO11 Dynamic - White  Fans: Deepcool RF120mm RGB

Peripherals: HP Omen X 35 Ultrawide (3440x1440, 100hz, G-Sync), Logitech g903, mdr-1000x, umc22 + AKG D5, Drevo Blademaster 87K RGB (Gateron Browns)

Laptop: Surface Laptop 2 Platinum - i5 8250u, 8gb ram, 256gb nvme, 13 inch pixelsense touch display

Phone: Huawei Mate 20 pro 128gb Black + iphone 6s 32gb gold

4 hours ago, Zeddex said:

Watchdog UK found that the battery life of the phone xr is nearly 50% lower than the claims that were being made by apple. Apparently the talk time is 16hours ad 32 minutes when apple claimed it was 25 hours. https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/apples-iphone-battery-life-claims-are-exaggerated-claims-uk-watchdog

In short, if you absolutely have to get an iphone, get the XS or XS max, not the XR. The difference in price is worth it i guess. 

With carrier deals the price is like only $200 between the models. The article you linked was a story about the study, not the study itself. They even claim in the article that the watchdog’s information conflicted with their own. I’m sure apple’s talk time numbers are completed under ideal conditions, but we shouldn’t draw conclusions without looking at the testing methodology the watchdog used. Also I’m a millennial, who cares about talk time? it’s all about the internet browsing battery life. 

XR unless you need more storage than the largest variant can offer! :3

Lake-V-X6-10600 (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9190pts | R23 score SC: 1302pts

R20 score MC: 3529cb | R20 score SC: 506cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: Intel Core i5-10600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.4/4.8GHz, 13,5MB cache (Intel 14nm++ FinFET) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B460 PLUS, Socket-LGA1200 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W / RAM A1, A2, B1 & B2: DDR4-2666MHz CL13-15-15-15-35-1T "Samsung 8Gbit C-Die" (4x8GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Storage 5: Crucial P1 1000GB M.2 SSD/ Storage 6: Western Digital WD7500BPKX 2.5" HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter (Qualcomm Atheros)

Zen-II-X6-3600+ (Gaming PC)

R23 score MC: 9893pts | R23 score SC: 1248pts @4.2GHz

R23 score MC: 10151pts | R23 score SC: 1287pts @4.3GHz

R20 score MC: 3688cb | R20 score SC: 489cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 6-cores, 12-threads, 4.2/4.2GHz, 35MB cache (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Display: HP 24" L2445w (64Hz OC) 1920x1200 / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: ASUS Radeon RX 6600 XT DUAL OC RDNA2 32CUs @2607MHz (T.S.M.C. 7nm FinFET) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4, Socket-AM4 / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W / RAM A2 & B2: DDR4-3600MHz CL16-18-8-19-37-1T "SK Hynix 8Gbit CJR" (2x16GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1 & 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD / Storage 3: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 4: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Storage 5: Kingston A2000 1TB M.2 NVME SSD / Wi-fi & Bluetooth: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Wireless Adapter (Intel)

Vishera-X8-9370 | R20 score MC: 1476cb

Spoiler

Case: Cooler Master HAF XB Evo Black / Case Fan(s) Front: Noctua NF-A14 ULN 140mm Premium Fans / Case Fan(s) Rear: Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (red) / Case Fan(s) Side: Noctua NF-A6x25 FLX 60mm Premium Fan / Case Fan VRM: SUNON MagLev KDE1209PTV3 92mm / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo / CPU: AMD FX-8370 (Base: @4.4GHz | Turbo: @4.7GHz) Black Edition Eight-Core (Global Foundries 32nm) / Display: ASUS 24" LED VN247H (67Hz OC) 1920x1080p / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX Vega 56 Gaming OC @1501MHz (Samsung 14nm FinFET) / Keyboard: Logitech Desktop K120 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING, Socket-AM3+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 850W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz CL8-10-10-28-37-2T (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Windows 10 Home / Sound: Zombee Z300 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Seagate® Barracuda 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Seagate® Desktop 2TB SSHD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN951N 11n Wireless Adapter

Godavari-X4-880K | R20 score MC: 810cb

Spoiler

Case: Medion Micro-ATX Case / Case Fan Front: SUNON MagLev PF70251VX-Q000-S99 70mm / Case Fan Rear: Fanner Tech(Shen Zhen)Co.,LTD. 80mm (Purple) / Controller: Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless (DS4Windows) / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 95w Thermal Solution / Cooler: AMD Near-silent 125w Thermal Solution / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / CPU: AMD Athlon X4 880K Black Edition Elite Quad-Core (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Display: HP 19" Flat Panel L1940 (75Hz) 1280x1024 / GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC 2GB (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5 OC "Afterburner" @1450MHz (T.S.M.C. 28nm) / Keyboard: HP KB-0316 PS/2 (Nordic) / Motherboard: MSI A78M-E45 V2, Socket-FM2+ / Mouse: Razer Abyssus 2014 / PCI-E: ASRock USB 3.1/A+C (PCI Express x4) / PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2, 550W PSU / RAM 1, 2, 3 & 4: SK hynix DDR3-1866MHz CL9-10-11-27-40 (4x4GB) 16.38GB / Operating System 1: Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) / Operating System 2: Windows 10 Home / Sound 1: Zombee Z500 / Sound 2: Logitech Stereo Speakers S-150 / Storage 1: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (x2) / Storage 2: Western Digital My Passport 2.5" 2TB HDD / Storage 3: Western Digital Elements Desktop 2TB HDD / Wi-fi: TP-Link TL-WN851N 11n Wireless Adapter

Acer Aspire 7738G custom (changed CPU, GPU & Storage)
Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2-cores, 2-threads, 2.4GHz, 3MB cache (Intel 45nm) / GPU: ATi Radeon HD 4570 515MB DDR2 (T.S.M.C. 55nm) / RAM: DDR2-1066MHz CL7-7-7-20-1T (2x2GB) / Operating System: Windows 10 Home / Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5" SSD

Complete portable device SoC history:

Spoiler
Apple A4 - Apple iPod touch (4th generation)
Apple A5 - Apple iPod touch (5th generation)
Apple A9 - Apple iPhone 6s Plus
HiSilicon Kirin 810 (T.S.M.C. 7nm) - Huawei P40 Lite / Huawei nova 7i
Mediatek MT2601 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TicWatch E
Mediatek MT6580 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - TECNO Spark 2 (1GB RAM)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (orange)
Mediatek MT6592M (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone my32 (yellow)
Mediatek MT6735 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - HMD Nokia 3 Dual SIM
Mediatek MT6737 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - Cherry Mobile Flare S6
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (blue)
Mediatek MT6739 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - my|phone myX8 (gold)
Mediatek MT6750 (T.S.M.C 28nm) - honor 6C Pro / honor V9 Play
Mediatek MT6765 (T.S.M.C 12nm) - TECNO Pouvoir 3 Plus
Mediatek MT6797D (T.S.M.C 20nm) - my|phone Brown Tab 1
Qualcomm MSM8926 (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE
Qualcomm MSM8974AA (T.S.M.C. 28nm) - Blackberry Passport
Qualcomm SDM710 (Samsung 10nm) - Oppo Realme 3 Pro

i went from the Xs Max to the XR and honestly i cant notice any difference in screen quality at all or camera quality between the two. i was having sever connection issues on my Xs Max where LTE would randomly drop out and my service would sometimes drop and i would be forced to turn airplane mode off and back on. went to apple to try and replace but they said nothing was wrong and to talk to my carrier, but when i went to my carrier they said talk to apple. so i paid the 300$ early fee to try the S10+ out and i missed ios too much so i went back to the Xr since my friend had it and had zero connectivity problems. and after using both i dont see why the Xs Max is worth up to 500$ more then the Xr. i rarely used 3D touch lol forgot it existed at some times. also in my experiance battery on the Xr is a lot better then the Xs Max as well. for those who says the Xr feels cheap there wrong it doesnt feel cheap in any way

i7 12700k/Asus Tuf z690/32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHZ/EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra/Samsung 980 Pro 1TB/Asus 2540x1440p 165hz Gsync/Acer 2560x1440p G Sync 144hz