Need new Case for Custom water cooling

Skiiwee29

So right now I have the Phanteks Enthoo Evolv, the original one and have had to buy custom tops & front for it to be decent at air flow and heat dissipation. I have a full custom loop in it with a 240mm up front and a 280mm slim at the top. Right now I have the my Pump/Rez mounted to the radiator, causing it to disrupt air flow quite a bit for the case overall. I am looking at getting something with much better water cooling support with good air flow compared to this case. The case of choice for me right now is the Fractal Meshify S2. Full system specs are listed in my signature so you know what hardware is getting put into the box since it will basically be a 1 to 1 swap of just the case. Reason I am looking at the Meshify S2 is the decent to high air flow allowed, amazing water cooling support and native support to mount my pump/rez to the back wall, opening up air flow inside the case. I am very open to suggestions. Budget isn't really a concern, but $200 or less ideally. I also like the vertical GPU mount so I can see my water block for my EVGA Hydro block I have on my 2080ti, but almost all cases now support vertical mounting of some sort these days. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

In my mind the PC O11D is the only viable alternative to the Meshify S2 for your use case. (You could always get the P600S and just leave the front plate off too. That case actually has a built in drain port as well!)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

In my mind the PC O11D is the only viable alternative to the Meshify S2 for your use case. (You could always get the P600S and just leave the front plate off too. That case actually has a built in drain port as well!)

im really looking to not have to take parts of the case off to have good air flow sadly. Its one of my problems ive had with the Enthoo Evolv.. looks phenomenal, but has probably the worst thermals in the history of cases. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

im really looking to not have to take parts of the case off to have good air flow sadly. Its one of my problems ive had with the Enthoo Evolv.. looks phenomenal, but has probably the worst thermals in the history of cases. 

You arent removing panels per say, there is a panel you have the option to remove but it's only for sound deadening. Taking off the two panels (one in front, one on top) just gives the case exceptional air flow and imo a better look than leaving the panels on. I own a p600s and it was a dream to build in

1 minute ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

You arent removing panels per say, there is a panel you have the option to remove but it's only for sound deadening. Taking off the two panels (one in front, one on top) just gives the case exceptional air flow and imo a better look than leaving the panels on. I own a p600s and it was a dream to build in

could you give me pictures of how it looks to visualize what you're saying. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

could you give me pictures of how it looks to visualize what you're saying. 

I'm not at home right now but I'll have a look online and link a few

The first picture is the case with the sound deadening panels in place, they are made out of thick metal and padded with sound deadening material, nothing is getting through them.

The second picture is with the panels removed, this reveals a nylon mesh which allows an incredible amount of air to get into the system. Science Studio did a test on this case and it had the best airflow in any case hes tested with the panels removed.

PH-EC600PSTG-14z.jpg

CM02SPT_200662_800x800.jpg

5 minutes ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

The first picture is the case with the sound deadening panels in place, they are made out of thick metal and padded with sound deadening material, nothing is getting through them.

The second picture is with the panels removed, this reveals a nylon mesh which allows an incredible amount of air to get into the system. Science Studio did a test on this case and it had the best airflow in any case hes tested with the panels removed.

Only thing that will probably keep me from using that is that it has the exact same internal layout as my current Enthoo Evolv ATX which would force me to mount my pump/rez to my Radiator much like it is now. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

@Skiiwee29 what about those Lian-Li cases? iirc they are ‘built’ for customs loops 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

1 minute ago, Stormseeker9 said:

@Skiiwee29 what about those Lian-Li cases? iirc they are ‘built’ for customs loops 

I am considering the o11 Dynamic for sure. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

7 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Only thing that will probably keep me from using that is that it has the exact same internal layout as my current Enthoo Evolv ATX which would force me to mount my pump/rez to my Radiator much like it is now. 

they sell a bracket to mount it in the basement i believe

but I need the hard drive bays that are down there for my 2 3tb drives. And I know there are 2 down there, but the 1 would need to come out for the PSU and cables it looks like and then the front would have to be removed leaving me with no 3.5inch drive bays. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

5 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

but I need the hard drive bays that are down there for my 2 3tb drives. And I know there are 2 down there, but the 1 would need to come out for the PSU and cables it looks like and then the front would have to be removed leaving me with no 3.5inch drive bays. 

Yeah I'm seeing now that the case wouldn't really be suitable, I saw a build on youtube where the guy put a custom loop in the p600s if I can find it I'll link it. Might give you some ideas

Even if it doesnt give you any ideas its still a pretty awesome build 

3 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Four brackets are included with the case, you can buy more for additional storage. 

image.png.707300d6f9b3df97411920f8cb656c13.png

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Four brackets are included with the case, you can buy more for additional storage. 

image.png.707300d6f9b3df97411920f8cb656c13.png

I forgot you could mount the hard drives in the top, if you could still fit in a slim radiator between the front of  the case and the drive cages you could potentially mount the res in the basement? I'm not sure if it would fit off the top of my head but it seems possible

I forgot you could mount the hard drives in the top, if you could still fit in a slim radiator between the front of  the case and the drive cages you could potentially mount the res in the basement? I'm not sure if it would fit off the top of my head but it seems possible

I know for a fact it's doable in the Define R6 (semi unrelated, but an example of a case than can do it), I'm not sure about the P600S. Quickly looking on PCPartPicker, there wasnt any examples of cases that had both a front rad and extra drive cages :( 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

I know for a fact it's doable in the Define R6 (semi unrelated, but an example of a case than can do it), I'm not sure about the P600S. Quickly looking on PCPartPicker, there wasnt any examples of cases that had both a front rad and extra drive cages :( 

Looking into my own I dont think there would be, the mounting points for the drive cages are only a few mm from the front fans, you could potentially mod it to make holes further away but I've never tried so I'm not sure how successful that would be. You could probably do it if you were creative with it.

@Radioactive Snowman @TVwazhere 

Thank you both for the input today in this. I ended up going with the Meshify S2. Much appreciated.

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Just now, Skiiwee29 said:

@Radioactive Snowman @TVwazhere 

Thank you both for the input today in this. I ended up going with the Meshify S2. Much appreciated.

Great case! I almost bought the same one before I ordered my P600s. Good luck with the build.