What settings should I use to get 1080p60 in Streamlabs

Hi. I stream to Twitch *link removed* and I use streamlabs. I use an Elgato HD60 capture card. What settings will I have to use to get 1080p60 or at least 720p60. TIA.

EDIT: Before you say my PC isn't powerful enough (I know it isn't) I'm getting a R5 2600 and 16gb of ram at the end of the month.

Edited by wkdpaul

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

Streaming 1080/60 is very very tough on a single PC and generally not advised. Go for 720/60. Here is the settings I personally use for it, though I do 1600x900 myself with no issues beyond the GPU allocation bug causing me to have to limit my FPS to ensure enough GPU overhead for OBS to render the frames.

Bitrate: CBR 3000-5000 is good. (This will depend on the upload of your ISP connection. You want to try and avoid capping your ISP connection on this, so make sure you have atleast 2Mbps over this, 3000 bitrate = 3Mbps)

Keyframe: 2

CPU Preset: Try on faster first and adjust from there. You can play around with this depending on the game and how you're streaming. If from a console, then crank it up to like medium or slow for the best quality, but highest taxing on the CPU. But with a 2600, I wouldnt get any faster than fast when gaming/streaming at the same time.

Profile: High

Under video, there are 3 downscaling filters, Bilinear, Bicubic, & Lanczos. Lanczos is the best quality, but uses the most CPU. If you see yourself having CPU issues with this on, try changing the filter to Bilinear or Bicubic as they are less demanding.

EDIT: This is all assuming you will be using x264 encoding and not NVENC. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

It makes no sense to stream 1080p60 for these reasons:

1.) If you want it to look better than 720p60 you need to use high bitrates otherwise 720p60 will provide better quality than 1080p60. Also, with those high bitrates (10000 at the very least for x264 Very Fast, idealy 12000), you will lose viewers because not everybody got fast internet or people are watching from mobile and data caps exist.

Also, 1080p60 can get very demanding fast if you want to stick to using x264 encode.

2.) There is a way to make 1080p60 look good on lower bitrates. Use slower presets. For example SLOW or VERY SLOW if using x264. There is a catch. This is the reason why some streamers use 2 PCs. One for gaming, the other for streaming. These slower presets have incredibly high demands on CPU, you would simply not be able to play games and stream on these setting without having performance issues or dropping frames.

3.) Unless youre a twitch affiliate you cant even stream at 10000+ bitrate so nobody will able to watch you. Just stick to 5000-7000 bitrate at most for 720p60 and you will be fine.

And the settings that @Skiiwee29 recommended are good.

Set your streaming/recording resolution in the VIDEO tab. DO NOT use Rescale Output in the OUTPUT tab where you are setting up Streaming/Recording encoding settings. This would affect your performance quite a bit.

14 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Streaming 1080/60 is very very tough on a single PC and generally not advised. Go for 720/60. Here is the settings I personally use for it, though I do 1600x900 myself with no issues beyond the GPU allocation bug causing me to have to limit my FPS to ensure enough GPU overhead for OBS to render the frames.

Bitrate: CBR 3000-5000 is good. (This will depend on the upload of your ISP connection. You want to try and avoid capping your ISP connection on this, so make sure you have atleast 2Mbps over this, 3000 bitrate = 3Mbps)

Keyframe: 2

CPU Preset: Try on faster first and adjust from there. You can play around with this depending on the game and how you're streaming. If from a console, then crank it up to like medium or slow for the best quality, but highest taxing on the CPU. But with a 2600, I wouldnt get any faster than fast when gaming/streaming at the same time.

Profile: High

Under video, there are 3 downscaling filters, Bilinear, Bicubic, & Lanczos. Lanczos is the best quality, but uses the most CPU. If you see yourself having CPU issues with this on, try changing the filter to Bilinear or Bicubic as they are less demanding.

Thanks

PC: Ryzen 7 2700 | RX 5700 XT | Asus Prime B450-PLUS | CoolerMaster Masterwatt 600W | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz RAM | 512GB NVME SSD & 7TB combined HDD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6, Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and WIndows 10 Pro x64

Laptop: MacBook Pro 15" 2015 | i7-4870HQ | R9 M370X | 16gb | 1tb SSD

iPhone 13 Pro Max | 256GB | iOS 15.7

My Folding Stats | #MuricaParrotGang

I think most of these people are missing you have a capture card. That takes a lot of the requirements off the cpu.

Now that being said the 2600 upgrade is a good start, but you will also want a GPU capable of 60fps at 1080p. I think right now the 570 8gb and 580 8gb are your best options.  The 580 is like 150 at microcenter atm and can be found online for around 170. The 570 can be found for around 100 at microcenter and around 120 online.

30 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I think most of these people are missing you have a capture card. That takes a lot of the requirements off the cpu.

Now that being said the 2600 upgrade is a good start, but you will also want a GPU capable of 60fps at 1080p. I think right now the 570 8gb and 580 8gb are your best options.  The 580 is like 150 at microcenter atm and can be found online for around 170. The 570 can be found for around 100 at microcenter and around 120 online.

Capture card does absolutely nothing for CPU performance unless it is a capture card that can do encoding by itself and even then you have to use their proprietary software for it. Since OP is using OBS/Stream Labs... it doesent matter that he has a capture card. It can only take external sources over HDMI and let the PC to encode them.

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

Capture card does absolutely nothing for CPU performance unless it is a capture card that can do encoding by itself and even then you have to use their proprietary software for it. Since OP is using OBS/Stream Labs... it doesent matter that he has a capture card. It can only take external sources over HDMI and let the PC to encode them.

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020250-how-do-i-use-open-broadcaster-software-to-stream-with-elgato-game-capture-hd-

Also these cards encode to h264 on the fly which is why they can port straight to YouTube or whatever with minimal CPU usage.

9 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020250-how-do-i-use-open-broadcaster-software-to-stream-with-elgato-game-capture-hd-

Also these cards encode to h264 on the fly which is why they can port straight to YouTube or whatever with minimal CPU usage.

They encode to h264 via their software.

They have option to stream it directly to YT or Twitch or other websites via their own software, for that, it will use their encoder.

If you pass it to OBS like the guy did in the video in your link. You take the already encoded image by the Elgato Card, then you encode it AGAIN with the OBS to get it to twitch or YouTube and for that you are using your PC resources.