Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
josbeph83

What settings should I use to get 1080p60 in Streamlabs

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Original PosterOP

Hi. I stream to Twitch *link removed* and I use streamlabs. I use an Elgato HD60 capture card. What settings will I have to use to get 1080p60 or at least 720p60. TIA.

 

EDIT: Before you say my PC isn't powerful enough (I know it isn't) I'm getting a R5 2600 and 16gb of ram at the end of the month.

Edited by wkdpaul

PC (Custom Build):

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler       

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450-PLUS

RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX 2x8gb 3000MHz

GPU: XFX R9 270X 2gb

Case: NZXT Source 530 

HDDs: 1x 2tb, 2x 1tb, 1x 500gb

 

Laptop (HP):

CPU: AMD E2-7110 APU with Radeon R2 graphics

RAM: 4gb Generic DDR3

HDD: 250gb Crucial SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Streaming 1080/60 is very very tough on a single PC and generally not advised. Go for 720/60. Here is the settings I personally use for it, though I do 1600x900 myself with no issues beyond the GPU allocation bug causing me to have to limit my FPS to ensure enough GPU overhead for OBS to render the frames.

 

Bitrate: CBR 3000-5000 is good. (This will depend on the upload of your ISP connection. You want to try and avoid capping your ISP connection on this, so make sure you have atleast 2Mbps over this, 3000 bitrate = 3Mbps)

 

Keyframe: 2

 

CPU Preset: Try on faster first and adjust from there. You can play around with this depending on the game and how you're streaming. If from a console, then crank it up to like medium or slow for the best quality, but highest taxing on the CPU. But with a 2600, I wouldnt get any faster than fast when gaming/streaming at the same time.

 

Profile: High

 

Under video, there are 3 downscaling filters, Bilinear, Bicubic, & Lanczos. Lanczos is the best quality, but uses the most CPU. If you see yourself having CPU issues with this on, try changing the filter to Bilinear or Bicubic as they are less demanding.

 

EDIT: This is all assuming you will be using x264 encoding and not NVENC. 


PSU Tier List Thread

 

"White Ice"

Ryzen 1800x @ 4.0ghz | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 14-14-14-34 3200mhz 32gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 3x Corsair ML140 Pro White LED case fans | 3x Corsair ML120 Pro White LED Case Fans 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It makes no sense to stream 1080p60 for these reasons:

 

1.) If you want it to look better than 720p60 you need to use high bitrates otherwise 720p60 will provide better quality than 1080p60. Also, with those high bitrates (10000 at the very least for x264 Very Fast, idealy 12000), you will lose viewers because not everybody got fast internet or people are watching from mobile and data caps exist.

Also, 1080p60 can get very demanding fast if you want to stick to using x264 encode.

 

2.) There is a way to make 1080p60 look good on lower bitrates. Use slower presets. For example SLOW or VERY SLOW if using x264. There is a catch. This is the reason why some streamers use 2 PCs. One for gaming, the other for streaming. These slower presets have incredibly high demands on CPU, you would simply not be able to play games and stream on these setting without having performance issues or dropping frames.

 

3.) Unless youre a twitch affiliate you cant even stream at 10000+ bitrate so nobody will able to watch you. Just stick to 5000-7000 bitrate at most for 720p60 and you will be fine.

 

And the settings that @Skiiwee29 recommended are good.

 

Set your streaming/recording resolution in the VIDEO tab. DO NOT use Rescale Output in the OUTPUT tab where you are setting up Streaming/Recording encoding settings. This would affect your performance quite a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Streaming 1080/60 is very very tough on a single PC and generally not advised. Go for 720/60. Here is the settings I personally use for it, though I do 1600x900 myself with no issues beyond the GPU allocation bug causing me to have to limit my FPS to ensure enough GPU overhead for OBS to render the frames.

 

Bitrate: CBR 3000-5000 is good. (This will depend on the upload of your ISP connection. You want to try and avoid capping your ISP connection on this, so make sure you have atleast 2Mbps over this, 3000 bitrate = 3Mbps)

 

Keyframe: 2

 

CPU Preset: Try on faster first and adjust from there. You can play around with this depending on the game and how you're streaming. If from a console, then crank it up to like medium or slow for the best quality, but highest taxing on the CPU. But with a 2600, I wouldnt get any faster than fast when gaming/streaming at the same time.

 

Profile: High

 

Under video, there are 3 downscaling filters, Bilinear, Bicubic, & Lanczos. Lanczos is the best quality, but uses the most CPU. If you see yourself having CPU issues with this on, try changing the filter to Bilinear or Bicubic as they are less demanding.

Thanks


PC (Custom Build):

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2GHz

Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler       

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450-PLUS

RAM: Corsair Vengance LPX 2x8gb 3000MHz

GPU: XFX R9 270X 2gb

Case: NZXT Source 530 

HDDs: 1x 2tb, 2x 1tb, 1x 500gb

 

Laptop (HP):

CPU: AMD E2-7110 APU with Radeon R2 graphics

RAM: 4gb Generic DDR3

HDD: 250gb Crucial SSD

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of these people are missing you have a capture card. That takes a lot of the requirements off the cpu.

 

Now that being said the 2600 upgrade is a good start, but you will also want a GPU capable of 60fps at 1080p. I think right now the 570 8gb and 580 8gb are your best options.  The 580 is like 150 at microcenter atm and can be found online for around 170. The 570 can be found for around 100 at microcenter and around 120 online.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I think most of these people are missing you have a capture card. That takes a lot of the requirements off the cpu.

 

Now that being said the 2600 upgrade is a good start, but you will also want a GPU capable of 60fps at 1080p. I think right now the 570 8gb and 580 8gb are your best options.  The 580 is like 150 at microcenter atm and can be found online for around 170. The 570 can be found for around 100 at microcenter and around 120 online.

Capture card does absolutely nothing for CPU performance unless it is a capture card that can do encoding by itself and even then you have to use their proprietary software for it. Since OP is using OBS/Stream Labs... it doesent matter that he has a capture card. It can only take external sources over HDMI and let the PC to encode them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WereCat said:

Capture card does absolutely nothing for CPU performance unless it is a capture card that can do encoding by itself and even then you have to use their proprietary software for it. Since OP is using OBS/Stream Labs... it doesent matter that he has a capture card. It can only take external sources over HDMI and let the PC to encode them.

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020250-how-do-i-use-open-broadcaster-software-to-stream-with-elgato-game-capture-hd-

 

Also these cards encode to h264 on the fly which is why they can port straight to YouTube or whatever with minimal CPU usage.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1020250-how-do-i-use-open-broadcaster-software-to-stream-with-elgato-game-capture-hd-

 

Also these cards encode to h264 on the fly which is why they can port straight to YouTube or whatever with minimal CPU usage.

They encode to h264 via their software.

They have option to stream it directly to YT or Twitch or other websites via their own software, for that, it will use their encoder.

If you pass it to OBS like the guy did in the video in your link. You take the already encoded image by the Elgato Card, then you encode it AGAIN with the OBS to get it to twitch or YouTube and for that you are using your PC resources.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×