Mini ITX Advice for Newbie Build

Hi, this is my first post so please bare with me. 

I'm planning to build a Mini ITX gaming PC.

The parts are bellow. I'm new to this and it's a big investment, so I'm hoping some of you might have ideas for improvement or just a thumbs up. 

AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Gen2 6 Core AM4 CPU/Processor with Wraith Spire Cooler

be quiet Dark Rock 4 Intel/AMD Air CPU Cooler

NZXT Black H200 Mini ITX Windowed PC Gaming Case

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO White 16GB 3200 MHz DDR4 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Corsair RM650x 650 Watt Fully Modular 80+ Gold ATX PSU/Power Supply

MSI AMD Ryzen B450I GAMING PLUS AC WiFi AM4 Mini ITX Motherboard

EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB BLACK GAMING Turing Graphics Card

---

much appreciated

5 minutes ago, tsutomu88 said:

I'm planning to build a new PC but I'm a first timer and I was wondering if you could give some advice on this build for a Mini ITX gaming PC.

not really recommend itx for 1st time builders. due to cable management

all you want is everything fits. check all dimensions of every parts.

(lazy way is to search for a completed build with same parts)

Thanks for the reply. I'll get help with cable threading. 

Paging @fasauceome 

Also consider waiting for Ryzen 3000 series, AMD's CEO will be making the opening keynote at Computex next Monday.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Just now, BigRom said:

Paging @fasauceome 

Also consider waiting for Ryzen 3000 series, AMD's CEO will be making the opening keynote at Computex next Monday.

Yeah I heard this from some other forums, but I don't know how much this will make a difference. 

Just now, tsutomu88 said:

Yeah I heard this from some other forums, but I don't know how much this will make a difference. 

Might either force a reaction from Intel and/or slash prices for the older Ryzen CPUs, or the price of the new 3000 series is so good that it doesn't make sense to buy the older ones.

Anyway, we're so close now that the smart move is to just wait and see what happens, then decide on your next move.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

2 minutes ago, BigRom said:

Might either force a reaction from Intel and/or slash prices for the older Ryzen CPUs, or the price of the new 3000 series is so good that it doesn't make sense to buy the older ones.

Anyway, we're so close now that the smart move is to just wait and see what happens, then decide on your next move.

Seems the new CPU is due July 7. That's quite a wait. I'll think about it as you make a valid point.

3 hours ago, tsutomu88 said:

NZXT Black H200 Mini ITX Windowed PC Gaming Case

If you want a super tiny case, there are some good small choices. The H200 is on the large side for ITX

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

If you want a super tiny case, there are some good small choices. The H200 is on the large side for ITX

https://imgur.com/r/sffpc/Q0831jo

I can see it's on the large side but a friend told me NZXT cases are good quality for price. 

4 minutes ago, tsutomu88 said:

https://imgur.com/r/sffpc/Q0831jo

I can see it's on the large side but a friend told me NZXT cases are good quality for price. 

They're quite good, I always recommend the tiny Sugo SG13B.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Looks too good to be true. Can all the components actually fit in that tiny thing without it exploding from heat or sounding like a jet engine is taking off? Also, seeing as you're here and humouring me, would you wait for the release of the Ryzen 3000 before making any purchases, CPU wise?

38 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

It's a nice case but the 2600X stock cooler is 71mm and the case spec lists 61mm as the max cpu cooler height. So an aftermarket cpu cooler would be required. Finding an aftermarket cpu cooler that will permit overclocking of the 95W TDP 2600X will just add to the system cost.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, tsutomu88 said:

would you wait for the release of the Ryzen 3000 before making any purchases, CPU wise?

Definitely

1 hour ago, tsutomu88 said:

Looks too good to be true. Can all the components actually fit in that tiny thing without it exploding from heat or sounding like a jet engine is taking off?

Definitely

28 minutes ago, brob said:

It's a nice case but the 2600X stock cooler is 71mm and the case spec lists 61mm as the max cpu cooler height. So an aftermarket cpu cooler would be required. Finding an aftermarket cpu cooler that will permit overclocking of the 95W TDP 2600X will just add to the system cost.

Instead of overclocking, leave it at stock with a Wraith Stealth, plenty of people sell those on eBay. Then recoup the cost by selling the spire.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Instead of overclocking, leave it at stock with a Wraith Stealth, plenty of people sell those on eBay. Then recoup the cost by selling the spire.

That might work. I have my doubts. https://www.techspot.com/review/1635-amd-wraith-coolers-compared/ uses a 65W TDP 2600 and the results suggest the cooler might be hardpressed to keep a loaded 95W TDP 2600X at a reasonable temperature.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 minute ago, brob said:

That might work. I have my doubts. https://www.techspot.com/review/1635-amd-wraith-coolers-compared/ uses a 65W TDP 2600 and the results suggest the cooler might be hardpressed to keep a loaded 95W TDP 2600X at a reasonable temperature.

The advantage Ryzen has is that the throttling is smarter, at 85 degrees it'll drop the clocks a little instead of waiting until it hits 100 like Intel and then dropping to or below base clock.

Primary PC: