Opinion of Google blocking Huawei products?

Jackgamer91

Is Google's block of Huawei products justified?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is Google's block of Huawei products justified?

• Yes
    • No

Do you think Huawei is being treated unfairly by the US administration and by Google? Is the ban justified? I own a Huawei tablet which I only got earlier this year in February so it's a shame to see this happen. 

Core i7 2700K Oc'ed 4.4 Ghz, EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 SC'ed, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, 240 GB Intel 730 SSD and 2 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Zalman Z9 plus case with 7 blue LED fans, Windows 10 Preview 

Huawei make great products and I still have my P10 Pro. A fair amount of hipocrisy here considering Google is spying on all of us yet nothing happens to them because they are spying for the US government, not the Chinese government.

Doesn't Google have to block Huawei products by law as well as every other US company?

in a sense, google isnt <directly> doing anything, other than following a trade ban. google's a USA company, in a sense they have no choice.

also, current huawei products supposedly arent affected.

If nothing else, Huawei and Google are working together for a solution. Google has no interest in blocking Huawei on their own since it's by far the 2nd biggest android player. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

21 hours ago, Jackgamer91 said:

Do you think Huawei is being treated unfairly by the US administration and by Google? Is the ban justified? I own a Huawei tablet which I only got earlier this year in February so it's a shame to see this happen. 

Don't think you can blame Google here -- they either honour US law or they get into serious trouble.  Huawei increasingly feels like a scapegoat, especially since Trump talked about possibly lightening the burden on Huawei if there's a resolution to the trade war (and that's a big "if" knowing Trump).  There hasn't been any public evidence of Huawei being up to anything fishy with its devices, just a lot of sabre rattling.

I think Huawei could have gotten around Google easy enough, given their size and reach, dumping their own Mobile OS or some of the Linux versions that were attempted to be put out.

I think even the American government realised that this wouldnt do much, so they then stripped them of access to the ARM chipsets ( British/ European I believe) they used. this would hurt alot more than Google.

Sad part for me is that Huawei, ZTE and Oppo all seemed to make as good or better phones for the price point.

ie my Oppo Pro R15 barring the Camera is as good as the overpriced Samgsung.

current main system: as of 1st Jan 2023

motherboard : Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

ram : 16Gig Corsair Vengeance 3600mhz

Video Card : RX 550 4 GIG

Monitor: BENQ 21 inch