Portable bluetooth speaker for my car

glitchmaster0001
Go to solution Solved by Wauthar,
On 5/25/2019 at 6:47 AM, glitchmaster0001 said:

Thanks for the suggestion! I did end up getting the Flip 4 and man is that thing loud! the sound is really clear and crisp too! A bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion, I don't want to hack up an original working radio in my car so this was the best option in the end. 

Awesome, glad I could help!

I'm really impressed with the sound of the speaker too, good to see someone that wants to have their classic car look authentic :) 

Does anyone have any suggestions on what portable bluetooth speaker that is loud enough to be used to play music in a car? I have a 1965 Ford Mustang that still has the original radio that i dont want to replace, but I want to be able to play and listen to my music while driving it. Preferably something small enough to fit in a cupholder, but be loud enough so i can hear the music over the wind and engine noise while driving. Thanks

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

The all American horse orchestra under the hood should be more than enough music for you. But there's this. I don't know how loud it will be compared to your freedom machine though.

33 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

The all American horse orchestra under the hood should be more than enough music for you. But there's this. I don't know how loud it will be compared to your freedom machine though.

thanks for the suggestion, ill check it out!

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

I found myself in the same exact scenario not too long ago. I own a '70 Volkswagen Beetle and I wanted to listen to my own tunes without altering my car's originality. I decided on a JBL Flip 4 that fits perfectly in my cup holder/picnick basket. When not in use, I store it in my glovebox so my interior still looks authentic :) 

I'm not too sure how loud your car gets, but the Flip is loud enough to overpower my thumping 'sewing machine'.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

On 5/23/2019 at 2:19 AM, Wauthar said:

I found myself in the same exact scenario not too long ago. I own a '70 Volkswagen Beetle and I wanted to listen to my own tunes without altering my car's originality. I decided on a JBL Flip 4 that fits perfectly in my cup holder/picnick basket. When not in use, I store it in my glovebox so my interior still looks authentic :) 

I'm not too sure how loud your car gets, but the Flip is loud enough to overpower my thumping 'sewing machine'.

Thanks for the suggestion! I did end up getting the Flip 4 and man is that thing loud! the sound is really clear and crisp too! A bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion, I don't want to hack up an original working radio in my car so this was the best option in the end. 

Does such a car have a 12 volts sigarette lighter? You could use an FM transmitter in combination with the original radio.

On 5/25/2019 at 6:47 AM, glitchmaster0001 said:

Awesome, glad I could help!

I'm really impressed with the sound of the speaker too, good to see someone that wants to have their classic car look authentic :) 

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

On 5/25/2019 at 1:43 PM, Pyramiden said:

Does such a car have a 12 volts sigarette lighter? You could use an FM transmitter in combination with the original radio.

It does, but I only have a single 55 year old paper speaker in the middle of the dash in it and the radio is AM only.