BenQ Zowie 2536 XL (help)

SimplySavage

Hi guys. I need a little help here. I need to know if my CPU is bottlenecking my GPU. I just can't adequately tell. To give some info. I'm running a 144hz Monitor (BenQ Zowie XL2536), 750 Watt PSU, 16Gig Ram @3000Mhz,, Ryzen 1600 @3.2ghz, RX-580 (8 GB), My Motherboard is an Asus ROG B450-F. I have a main Regular HDD 1 TB (7500 RPM), and a 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB HD for the Main games I play. The Main game I am playing is Rainbow Six Siege @Low Settings except Shadows which is on high. For some reason. I keep getting FPS drops to below 144. I don't like this, if I'm not running @144 FPS constantly, I am really doubtful that my monitor is running at it's full potential. Problem is, I can't tell if this is a CPU or GPU bottleneck issue.

You simply cant run 144hz constantly on any gpu not even rtx 2080 ti. Each scene have different objects which takes different time to render that's why you see 1% low and 0.1% low in benchmarks.

But if you get above 130 then you're using the full potential of your monitor.

Also shadows are very demanding on gpu so I recommend turning it off and raise the setting so you can have better vision while holding your high fps.

1 hour ago, Ero said:

You simply cant run 144hz constantly on any gpu not even rtx 2080 ti. Each scene have different objects which takes different time to render that's why you see 1% low and 0.1% low in benchmarks.

But if you get above 130 then you're using the full potential of your monitor.

Also shadows are very demanding on gpu so I recommend turning it off and raise the setting so you can have better vision while holding your high fps.

There are times when it dips below 120, and then times when the un-capped FPS hits 150 or better. Shadows to see who is coming around a corner in a First person shooter is important. That's why mine is on high.