Extending Home Wi-FI without Router Access

Hey all! 
I'm looking for some help. I live in a basement suit and I get good wifi connection in one room but not in the others. I'm looking to extend the wifi to the other areas the current experience constant connection loss. I've been looking at wifi extenders and or access points.
From the research I've done it looks like I need to have access to the existing Wi-Fi router. I don't have physical access to my landlords router. Is there anything I can do/ purchase to extend my wifi connection to the rooms with poor connection, without having to plug it into the router on install?  

I don't have any access to the current router. That's my issue. I'm looking for something I can install wirelessly. 
The current router is upstairs in another suite that I don't have reach too. The building has multiple units with shared Wifi (part of my rent goes to internet bill)

Check out Netgear's wifi Extenders, I bought one for extending the WiFI when doing an IP camera install in a garage, worked perfect, and the setup just had me go into the extenders web page setup, enter the current wifi SSID and password, then it was ready to do it's thing and broadcast a new network called *your_ssid*_EXT. Might not work too good if you put it in the room that already has bad signal though

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

14 minutes ago, Theguywhobea said:

Check out Netgear's wifi Extenders, I bought one for extending the WiFI when doing an IP camera install in a garage, worked perfect, and the setup just had me go into the extenders web page setup, enter the current wifi SSID and password, then it was ready to do it's thing and broadcast a new network called *your_ssid*_EXT. Might not work too good if you put it in the room that already has bad signal though

I know several people that use these. Can confirm they work great. 

May be ok in the room with bad signal as the WiFi antennas on these things are really a lot better than the one on your phone or maybe your laptop. 

As with anything, trial and error are your friend.

I am using a Netgear EX8000 Range Extender connected to my Netgear R9000 Router, and it works great.  Due to the construction of the house that we live in, cables cannot be easily run through the walls, so this is the next best solution for us.  It works very well.